It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Determined To Make Friends With Boy With Down Syndrome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This is the heart-warming moment that a gentle dog befriends a young boy with Down's Syndrome and persuades the child to play.

Herman, now five, from La Plata, Buenos Aires, was captured on camera being approached by Himalaya, a Labrador.

Herman's mother Ana, who posted the video on YouTube, said her son's condition means that he backs away from contact.

At first the boy is a little weary of the dog but the dog doesnt give up on him and after a few min the little boy starts to join in and play , A very touching moment,

Makes you wonder if the dog somehow knew the kid needed some love. I think dogs are very good at reading humans.

edit on 2-10-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Beautiful video Phoenix thanks for posting , the dog does seem to understand the situation and have some sort of empathy with the boy , when he put his paw on the boys shoulder I got a little lump in my throat

edit on 2-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

In the arms of the angel...

....fly away from here

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for posting that Phe.

Dogs are truly magnificent creatures, yet I see so much cruelty towards them, it just boggles my mind.

The dog uses all his tricks too.
No direct eye contact.
Keeping head bowed low.
Submissive posture.

What a fantastic dog.
edit on 2-10-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

G,day mate. sorry to upset your apple cart. but, this was posted 2 days ago. try the chit chat forum

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

What amazes me is just how gentle the dog is, there has to be understanding there.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by VoidHawk

What amazes me is just how gentle the dog is, there has to be understanding there.

Absolutely agree!
He tries so hard not to frighten the child, and he tries so hard to get the child to react, and then he puts his paw on the childs shoulder and lowers his eyes!
If it could be done unobtrusively it would be nice if they could study those two because I think that child could benefit so much from having such a friend, maybe the dog understands that childs mind?

top topics

join