It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration: House Bill Looks Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Night Star

It isn't ok by most of us. Most of us Americans want our troops home, our sons and daughters brothers, mothers and fathers home and alive! Our hearts break for any blood spilled. We are genuinely a people of love and compassion.

Really? Yet there are troops in how many countries?
You have a VOLUNTARY military and yet they are all over the world, dying and spending money to save people.
How can you tell me most of you do not want then when none of them are forced to do it?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

1104light

Bassago
reply to post by 1104light

So 1104light you've been here what 4.5 days made almost 300 posts and haven't introduced yourself yet as far as I see. Why don't you post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself, hmm? Like perhaps what you do for employment, do you ever sleep, stuff like that. Inquiring minds want to know.

Now I cannot wait to hear how any of that is on topic in this thread.

I'm sure you can figure it out.

2nd

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The government grand entrance to immigrants at the discretion of the president under congress rules regardless when is cases of political persecution, US have taken from Iraqis, Cubans, Syrians, Libyans you name it, quietly and behind close doors.

Illegal immigration coming from south of the border is none political related but rather the problem of broken borders.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Bassago

1104light

Bassago

So 1104light you've been here what 4.5 days made almost 300 posts and haven't introduced yourself yet as far as I see. Why don't you post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself, hmm? Like perhaps what you do for employment, do you ever sleep, stuff like that. Inquiring minds want to know.

2nd

No I guess I am just too stupid to understand why you need me to introduce myself, tell you what I do for a living and when I sleep in this thread. Please feel free to explain that.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

OKey dokey.
Not sure what you replied to but ok.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 9/21/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

marg6043

Illegal immigration coming from south of the border is none political related but rather the problem of broken borders.

I think it is political. Those people pouring in vote democrat.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yngvarr

marg6043

Ten stars for telling it like it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Restricted
Anyway, has the Senate voted on this thing yet?

S. 744: Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act
Sponsor: Sen. Charles Schumer [D-NY]
Introduced: Apr 16, 2013
Passed Senate: Jun 27, 2013

S. 744: Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act

No way this will pass the House though. Hence the Houses failed attempt at something similar.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

1104light

Restricted
Night Star, right on!

Apparently nightstar and all you fanning her missed my question.
I never said we need to spend money on illegals. I asked why it made sense to spend money on people in other countries for the same reasons illegals come to the US. I do not agree with spending tax money on illegals but I also do not agree with spending money on saving people in far away lands. What I am asking is why it is ok with most Americans to spend tons of money and BLOOD saving people in other countries but not to spend money on the ones that make here.

Is my question really that complicated?

First off, I'm a Naturalized American Citizen, Born and Raised in China, a Maoist.
American People are the Most caring and Supportive People in the World, when you Respect their Laws and their Culture, yes they do Respect Mine.
You should also know, I'm Friends with Night star and I respect her. She does not make comments here lightly.
You need to make a visit to USCIS.gov and look around, there are many legal ways to enter America and you can enter America and request Refugee Status or Asylum.
This may surprise you, but you won't be deported until your case is reviewed and then you can appeal the decision if it's not in your favor. Look at Obamas Uncle and Aunt, Both illegals and both are still in America.
But we all know why,,,, were not Stupid!

Before you start to question why many of us want illegals deported when caught,,, there's a reason, They''ve put up with being the,,, You Have To Understand Their Culture Crowd,,,, Long Enough! They need to learn English like I did and work towards their Citizenship and Vote!
edit on 21-9-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sorry Double post

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

1104light

Night Star

It isn't ok by most of us. Most of us Americans want our troops home, our sons and daughters brothers, mothers and fathers home and alive! Our hearts break for any blood spilled. We are genuinely a people of love and compassion.

Really? Yet there are troops in how many countries?
You have a VOLUNTARY military and yet they are all over the world, dying and spending money to save people.
How can you tell me most of you do not want then when none of them are forced to do it?

I would imagine that there are plenty of young people in our military who have no idea what they are getting themselves into and regret their decisions later. Once they are in, they have to go where they are told. Do you realize how many veterans we have who have post traumatic stress sydrome??? It isn't because they wanted to see and experience all that they did.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thank you dear friend! I have much respect for you. My ancestors also came here with respect and learned the language. They wouldn't think of coming here and expecting or demanding that the country cater to them in any way. To me that is arrogant and rude.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

1104light

Bassago

1104light

Bassago

2nd

No I guess I am just too stupid to understand why you need me to introduce myself

Here you go.

IMPORTANT: ATS Rules, Guidelines, Etiquette, and more...

Now that said I'll say this in case you missed it.

1. Illegal immigration is bad for the country and it's citizens and a crime.
    2. Legal immigration is good for the US.
    3. Passing a law to give amnesty to criminals is bad.

Please leave the military deployment issue to an appropriate thread. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

1104light

Night Star

The US seems very confused on its humanitarian philosophy.

It has cost the US PLENTY for illegals. Free schooling until college then in-state tuition for colleges saving them thousands of dollars, cheap housing, food stamps, medical etc. These people are often treated better than our own,

Show me all the illegals that have a better life than Bill Gates. SHOW ME.

some who have to choose between life saving medicines or food, some homeless and hungry. I think the illegals have been treated quite well while many of our own citizens suffer and struggle to survive. What makes an illegal 'better' than a citizen or one coming here through the proper channels????

I agree with you on that 100%. Did you not understand my question? Do you think saving Afghanis, Iraquis, Syrians, etc is free?

So your argument is that they need to have a better lifestyle than the top 1% of the country in order for there to be a problem?

How about the fact that they get cheaper tuition rates than I would as an American citizen in at least 15 different states?

www.denverpost.com...

www.wbur.org...

www.capitolhilldaily.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

My own neices had to drop out of college because of the cost. Had they have been able to save thousands like the illegals, they could have made it. That's what I mean about illegals getting catered to and double standards.

If we break a law, we go to jail or pay a fine. If an illegal breaks the law, they and their children get rewarded.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Bassago
Here you go.

IMPORTANT: ATS Rules, Guidelines, Etiquette, and more...

Which is why I have an intro thread. Why did you edit my question to change what I actually said?

Now that said I'll say this in case you missed it.

1. Illegal immigration is bad for the country and it's citizens and a crime.
    2. Legal immigration is good for the US.
    3. Passing a law to give amnesty to criminals is bad.

Please leave the military deployment issue to an appropriate thread. Thank you.

I am not talking about military deployment. I am talking about spending American money to take care of non-Americans.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Yngvarr

You gotta back that up. I have been hearing that illegals are voting for over 5 years without seeing any proof of it actually ever happening.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Can you imagine what would happen to a US citizen if they illegally crossed into Mexico and then demanded that government for free food and money? Let alone college tuition. Good grief this is a joke and not a funny one either.

Hopefully the only immigration legislation that will pass is beefing up border security. Maybe divert some of that money DHS is sucking down and put it to use actually defending the homeland (for once.)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Night Star

Can you imagine what would happen to a US citizen if they illegally crossed into Mexico and then demanded that government for free food and money? Let alone college tuition. Good grief this is a joke and not a funny one either.

Hopefully the only immigration legislation that will pass is beefing up border security. Maybe divert some of that money DHS is sucking down and put it to use actually defending the homeland (for once.)

Then we demanded Mexico make us citizens and give us the right to vote.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join