It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch What Happens When Girls Open Carry in Walmart (SPOILER ALERT- Cops Respond)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
According to the vids- a group of young women were open carrying- LEGALLY (registered and with open carry licenses)- while shopping in a Missouri Walmart, when they were suddenly ambushed by police- who were armed with AR-15s, after receiving a call from another patron who was scared at the sight of the guns.

Here are the video recordings of the incident-

PART 1-

PART 2-

more on the story:

from The Daily Paul-

www.dailypaul.com...

from The Blaze-

www.theblaze.com...
edit on 17-9-2013 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/9/2013 by Sauron because: video links

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

I saw these vide the other day, stopped watching after the first one. Felt sick. Look at that cop, bugging his eyes out.

WTF?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

is this a black thing? (yawn) a woman thing? (yawn) or a black woman thing (yawn, yawn) (sleep with my gun).... lol.
edit on 17-9-2013 by whouwanttob because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whouwanttob

they are white

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whodat09

sorry. ok. lol

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ugh, I'm not having good luck with streaming anything tonight. From what I can gather, it doesn't look like the cop did anything wrong? He responded to a call because someone in the store got worked up into a tizzy over the guns, and seems to have handled it relatively politely.

I think I'd rather have a cop make sure everything's in order with weapons than to wave someone off. It's just common sense to verify identity and such.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Watch What Happens When Girls Open Carry in Walmart

Nothing? lol

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'd just want to note for context? A small town close to this one (it's all in the same area I live) recently had a young guy stopped from shooting up a walmart only by the fact his own mother called him in on the day he was planning it, and had everything set to go. The same small town as that happened in, also had the school front shot up last year in a late night attack I don't recall ever hearing a resolution to. No one was hurt, but the message is hard to miss.

It doesn't make over-reaction right when it happens, but it may help explain a bit what the thinking likely was. It literally had been the Bolivar Walmart the other guy had planned to pull a spree killing at.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm getting the F out of here.......lol (running) lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Nyiah
From what I can gather, it doesn't look like the cop did anything wrong? He responded to a call because someone in the store got worked up into a tizzy over the guns, and seems to have handled it relatively politely.

Agreed.
I'm not seeing why this is even newsworthy.
The cops didnt threaten to shoot, taze or bash anybody, was polite as a cop could be in this situation. And he says, the only reason he was there is because he was called.

And another thing... the trouble might have been setup by the "youths" anyway.
At 4:10 the filmer is asked if he normally films everything, and his answer is revealing:

I have a youtube channel, and we actually look for police officers who will obey their oath,...to the constitution,... so I fully expect you [the cop] to obey the second amendment.

Personally, I think they are DELIGHTED that cops showed up.
Its pretty much what they hoped for.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Videos weren't working for me so I linked the ones that worked for me in case someone else had problems.

edit on 9/17/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Everyone should watch both videos.

They might be surprised by the "Chief" and his response in the 2nd.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I never claimed the police acted irresponsibly.

Although I am against the government monopoly on force, and that government sanctioned police are wholly illegitimate, I think it's important to acknowledge the cops who do behave reasonably; that we, the "civilians", should use positive reinforcement to motivate police officers to behave responsibly and reasonably, and to respect humanity as a whole, as well as the individual.
This situation could have gone terribly wrong- it sure wouldn't be the first time cops overreacted.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Nothing bad happened here. Even the first paranoid cop handled it better than most others would. They were lucky they weren't shot. I would love to see one of these videos in the south with some black males wearing ghetto chic carrying a handgun. I don't think it would have went this well.

Simple matter is that this isn't normal. When somebody shows up in a store with a gun, people get alarmed because the first question they ask themselves is "why does he have a gun?" and the answer to that question, given recent history, is to shoot somebody.

I agree that people who do this should not be arrested but they should expect people to be alarmed.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

ltinycdancerg
reply to post by alfa1

I never claimed the police acted irresponsibly.

Although I am against the government monopoly on force, and that government sanctioned police are wholly illegitimate, I think it's important to acknowledge the cops who do behave reasonably; that we, the "civilians", should use positive reinforcement to motivate police officers to behave responsibly and reasonably, and to respect humanity as a whole, as well as the individual.
This situation could have gone terribly wrong- it sure wouldn't be the first time cops overreacted.

No but you should be banned for posting such an obvious attempt to get videos a few extra views.

This is not newsworthy.You're fishing for stars pal. I can tell just from your title.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I am not as comfortable with this as many are. It makes a mockery of the open carry law protected by the second if Police can react every time an unjustified complaint is made. How about speaking to the complainant about making stupid calls to Police.

The other problem I have is that the first Officer demanded ID without probable cause and after he saw the open carry permits, shouldn't he have just said, great, have a nice day? It seems to me that while you can open carry, be prepared to go through constant harassment that violates the fourth.

Just my 2 cents worth.

P

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It seems to me they went there with an intention to make a scene. "Tee-hee we're girls with guns. Tee-hee look at all the attention we're getting."

Then, from the get go, they're passive aggressive and confrontational in every response to the officers.

The real idiots here are the people that called the police in the first place though.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

My post title quoted the title from the source- standard practice on ATS.

I care about truth, freedom, and DENYING IGNORANCE.

besides...
I already have my tin-foil crown- officially

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

No but you should be banned for posting such an obvious attempt to get videos a few extra views. This is not newsworthy.You're fishing for stars pal. I can tell just from your title.

She used the title from the story itself, which is what shes SUPPOSED to do

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

thank you homer my homie

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join