It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin OR Barack Obama....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by SLAYER69

Darth Vadar or Lex Luthor?

Where in the hell are the good guys?

Pushed onto the sidelines by the artificial popularity machine that is the media as well as current cultural interpretations of what a hero means. If a real hero acted in these times on their behalf, you could be sure their character would be slandered at every edge by a blade of sheer ignorance.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think the primary reason for the disconnect between people as they try to define their ideal good guy is that good and bad are entirely subjective terms. One mans hero is another mans villain.
Robin Hood is one of the best examples of this confusion. To some members, a thief is despicable thug and MUST be punished but I'm pretty sure most people here would consider him a hero.
(With Snowdon and most whistleblowers running a close second!)
At the end of the day, almost anyone cited here as either a hero or villain probably could have arguements made for either case...but it all depends upon the context in which they are seen.
Ergo, this issue will not be resolved anytime soon...but what do I know.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezzer

The good guys are working honest jobs. At least that's what my Grandfather used to say.

"If you're looking for a good guy, look for a hard working man."

Seriously though, is there anyone on the horizon in the U.S.?
The American people would do good in electing a libertarian guy for once (MHO)...

The bad thing is, the majority of people on this planet don't even have a say in this matter, but might be very much effected by the outcome anyways.
edit on 15-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dang it!!!(snaps fingers)Your correct Beezer...can I get a do-over on my #3 choice??? (*runs over to google images to pick another hero)LMFAO...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I said "brave"...not hero.
You should pay closer attention to what you are reading and leave the knee jerk reactions alone...but what do I know.

Which knee jerk reaction?

Those are facts I posted, he violated his contractual obligations and by extension his own word and credibility.

Do you deny that?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

AlienScience

I said "brave"...not hero.
You should pay closer attention to what you are reading and leave the knee jerk reactions alone...but what do I know.

Which knee jerk reaction?

Those are facts I posted, he violated his contractual obligations and by extension his own word and credibility.

Do you deny that?

I'm sorry that I have upset you sir but I will not engage in mud slinging with you over a point I never made...but once more for the record, I said "brave" not "hero" and was very careful to choose that exact wording...and by "knee jerk" I also refer to what you are attempting to do right now.
(You wouldn't like or understand my answer anyways based on the adversarial tone you've struck.)

-Peace to you-

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

AlienScience

beezzer

Darth Vadar or Lex Luthor?

Where's John Wayne?

Where's James Bond?

Where's Han Solo?

Where's Bruce Wayne?

Where's Cap'n Kirk?

John Wayne is a notorious racist bigot.

James Bond is a womanizer and cold hearted killer.

Han Solo is a smuggler.

Bruce Wayne is a vigilante.

Captain Kirk...he's from Star Trek...that is bad enough.

All your "good guys" aren't really that good.

Please tell me, who do you think a modern day good guy is? Have an example?

Elon Musk? (even though Tesla took the money)
edit on 15-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

beezzer

greencmp

I was beginning to wonder about ATS, how can people know so little when ignorance is supposedly denied?

Embrace Ignorance is more like it.

At least get used to it!

(if they make the smiley face into a conch shell I will be disappointed)

edit on 15-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I vote for "None of the above"

Ditto neither one is what they sell themselves 'as'.

A sucker is born every minute, and politicians 'Bank' on it.

Doesn't matter where in the world they are. The universal constant is they are all the same.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
we could always put the two of them into a boxing ring and place bets on which of them will fight dirty first...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Bassago

beezzer

For you Beezzer.

Always liked that song. Now I realize we're the ones who are supposed to rise up, with dignity, not with violence, with communication and unity, grass roots, working for the wellbeing of all and giving voices to the vulnerable, homeless and those who are ignored or even looked down upon, the real hero's and the real saints amongst us.....

We're the hero's. If we're waiting for someone to arrive, we've missed the boat.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Name me 3 politicians that have shown themselves to be true champions of the people and have risen above petty politics.

shells4u

reply to post by beezzer

I liked this Man...

Woodrow Wilson ?

Wasn't he was the POTUS who signed the Federal Reserve Act,

And, I think he had something to do with the IRS as we know it today (form 1040)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes and he also was...
a major advocate for women's suffrage after public pressure convinced him that to oppose women's suffrage was politically unwise. Although Wilson promised African Americans "fair dealing...in advancing the interests of their race in the United States", the Wilson administration implemented a policy of racial segregation for federal employees.[3] Although considered a modern liberal visionary giant as President, in terms of implementing domestic race relations, however, Wilson was "deeply racist in his thoughts and politics, and apparently was comfortable being so."[4]

I was being sarcastic...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

, I think he had something to do with the IRS as we know it today (form 1040)
reply to post by xuenchen

I am my familie's ghost so the 1040 does not apply and never has in my entire lifetime....So anything about taxes is none of my business...I was programmed that way...BTW what is a 1040???

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I am a Canadian but I believe the "1040 form" is to ensure that the British Monarchy gets its cut of the spoils. Although this is not what's ACTUALLY written about it, that's essentially what it is. Canada also has an equivalent tax for the royal inbreeders but the actual nomenclature of the legislation in question escapes me at present. If I have misunderstood this please correct me but I believe I hit the mark...then again, what do I know.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I am a Canadian but I believe the "1040 form" is to ensure that the British Monarchy gets its cut of the spoils.

Goodness Gracious...I am so, so grateful that my handler told me never ever file....heavy sigh...I keeps me money in cash safe and sound stuffed inside my feather bed....charity comes at home first....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Glad to be of assistance for once.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I apreciate everybody's participation. I thought some would enjoy the topic

Still not fans of either....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

No, on the russian side you have a man who cares about his country, knows how the game is played and isn't going to back down - and he shoudn't back down an inch.
This guy is the best thing by far that happend to Russia and to every small country that cares for it's sovereignty.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I think if anyone should be taking a bow here, it should be you sir.
If anything, I was just a "derailment" waiting to happen and with the possible exception of perhaps one individual, I hope I have not caused too much commotion over my somewhat "controversial" points of view.
A most thought provoking thread.
For the record...I wouldn't trust them either, whether it be Barrack H Putin or Vladimir Obama. They are indeed birds of the same feather.

-Peace to you sir-

<< 1  2    4 >>

join