It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I like the new ATS.5/3" thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

It does look more slick. Just reading up on how to navigate all the new dials and buttons. Can't even remember what the old ATS looked like.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I am only a newish member on ATS but if its worth anything......I like the new look!

Well done to all involved.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I like it. The "cool guy" emoticon, actually all the emoticons, are kind of lame but at my level I would look lame if I complained about it.

I think the whole layout gives the site a more laid back approach. Everything about the old one seemed so modern and serious about itself, now that we have something to compare it to.

I like it. Good job staff.

BTW, I'll find a way to insert my own emoticons. I have a reputation to protect.

edit on 10-9-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

It's a cool interface... but, very slow to load and I've got a 50mbs pipe.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
its great!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I love the new look, it will take a week or so to get used to though but its good so far, I do miss my wall from the profile page though, i used it as diary to keep track of dates of encounters and notes of what i was told or shown. now ive lost it all

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

elfrog
but, very slow to load and I've got a 50mbs pipe.

That's the opposite of what members and online site performance testing tools are telling us.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

elfrog
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

It's a cool interface... but, very slow to load and I've got a 50mbs pipe.

You better check all your hardware first, then your net configuration because this site is screaming fast on every browser I have tried. I think SO nailed this one bigtime.

I have also used an old laptop from 8 years ago and the site loads fast there too.

If you have got a 50 mbs pipe then obviously it's hardware, or net config issues.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't mind the site except for all the pop-up crap. I'll spend about a minute browsing the site, do a scan with virus software and come across 15-20 tracking cookies. Is this really necessary ATS? If I see something I like, I'll click on it. I don't need some pop-up taking up half the page when I skim my mouse over an ad.

So yeah....Whaaaa!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Propulsion
do a scan with virus software and come across 15-20 tracking cookies.

It's a vicious myth, perpetrated by anti-virus software companies, that cookies are related in any way to malware.

The most common use for cookies (other than to manage your status as a logged-in user on ATS) is for ad networks to manage the ads you see... especially so you don't get repeat ads.

I've never deleted any cookies except for testing code. If you delete or block cookies, you end up getting the crap bottom-of-the-barrel ads.

Is this really necessary ATS?

Yes.

I don't need some pop-up taking up half the page when I skim my mouse over an ad.

We don't deliver automatic pop-up ads to members.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
well I like it

not perfect, nothing ever is, but its a good step forward

and I'm gonna give the white version a shot seeing as I guess that was the initial vision

ps although I've just noticed I'm gonna have to redo my crude avatar

edit on 10-9-2013 by maintainright because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
LIVE is back as a full-sized normal page. The pop-up window LIVE/Firehose is still available for members that prefer that.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Looks great!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Are all the options working? The reason I ask is I tried to upload some new pictures and it will not upload them.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I haven't been here for a long while now. BUT today i've logged in and saw the new look- and I'm LOVING it.
I didn't like the layout before this one- it was messy and sutff was hard to find.
This one just rocks. Very easy to access and get used to it in a few secs.
Well done!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

guitarplayer

Are all the options working? The reason I ask is I tried to upload some new pictures and it will not upload them.

Because you can now upload multiple files at once, after you select the files and they appear in your list, you need to click the upload "cloud" icon.

This is described in the thread Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3 in the section titled "Image Uploads and Storage."

Try it out again!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I like the new layout in it's entirety. It loads a lot quicker (on my mobile too), the colors are softer, the layout is easier on the eyes, and all the new icons are VERY nice too; it feels more simplified overall. It took me very little time to get used to it and the best way I can describe the new layout is it feels like I'm using an app now.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
all has changed. changed utterly.

what to do when there will be no conspiracies left hidden?

all the best ATS. you did good!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I love the new look. Those who worked on it did a great job and I'm appreciative of their effort!

You can't please everyone but I am definitely pleased, for what it's worth.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join