It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

puncuation junkies,time to let people post without fear of ridicule

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Timely

But you knew (because of context, and because you are very intelligent) what it meant...

Å99

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

What would the concept have meant to a person of challenged intelligence?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

They may have laughed a little.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

With you... there are lots of peeps on here that struggle with the English language in one way or another..me included. Peeps do there best to express themselves and that is all that is needed..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

puncuation junkies,time to let people post without fear of ridicule

The only person stopping you-is you. No one else has any control over your fears. Post away.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
reply to post by akushla99

What would the concept have meant to a person of challenged intelligence?

...is it the fault of the receiver, or the creator of the communication?...target audience for a communicator is king, legal documents are written (as we have established) in a language that is almost undecipherable...are you of 'challenged intelligence' for not being able to understand it?

Å99

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
well to be prefectly frank with alloya the way that we conduce ourselves in the internet cant always with true accuracy tells us how we be in real life sitchations so just cuz we be typin all good on the net dont nesarly meaning we's intelligence.

Neither does typing like that mean that you're 'below' intelligent. I made a statement as to why I, personally, type with good grammar and spelling (at least, to the best of my abilities). There is no need to try and enforce my world-view onto others. I do not feel I am 'superior' in intelligence. Actually, I have an understanding that if we project these sorts of ideas onto others, we are creating more of that within ourselves. If we say to people who cannot or do not use the "proper" rules of the English language, that they are moronic, buffoons, idiots or "below intelligent" then we are only harboring negative feelings within ourselves, and eventually, you will find a mistake in your own writing, and then what? You have convinced yourself that now you are below intelligent, or any of the other colourful adjectives used to describe people who do not use "proper" English. Please, for your own sake, be nice.

On Three Noble Ideals be Ever Intent:
Good Thoughts, Good Speech and Good Deeds.

Cheers,
/+\.G.R.E

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join