It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists confirm: Ancient Egyptians wore jewelry made of materials from outer space

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yes, i remember this docu. i saw it too, very informative. But the question still remains, what was its purpose? I suggest you look at Tesla and his Coney Island experiments and see the similarities!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by HauntWok

Okay, how about the fact that some of the larger blocks that were used in the construction of the Pyramids and other monuments from the Khemet era of Egypt were so heavy that they could not be picked up even using the biggest conventional (non-gantry) heavy lift cranes that we have had at our disposal until very recently? Minor details... Some of the blocks weighed in excess of 800 tonnes. To my knowledge only recently have cranes been built that can handle in excess of 1000 MT and they are 30 million dollar behemoths that sport multiple diesel powerpacks rated in excess of 1000 horsepower each. If we are only figuring out a means of lifting that kind of weight now, than how do you explain the Khemetians' ability to lift 800+ MT limestone blocks if all they had at their disposal was man-power and ropes?

Why do you state that these stones had to be "picked up?"

Humans have been capable of moving large stones for quite some time - long before Egypt.

The stones in the GP you refer to were most likely slid into place using what today we refer to as the Grand Gallery for a ramp, with counterweights on the opposite side of the pyramid. The gallery displays a curious ledge at the top on both sides which appears to show wear from exactly this process.
If you look at this pic -

you can see that the gallery leads directly to the area above the King's chamber, where the granite stones are found.

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Yes for such things would definitely be from the Gods or Heavens. It's like the Black Stone at Mecca. That, too, came from the Heavens long ago according to Islamic tradition and it's likely to be a meteorite or a by-product of a meteorite impact. I have a necklace made from meteorite so I suppose the practice of wearing carved meteorite is still in existence.

What you say above is certainly true, as far as it goes.

But the Libyan desert glass that Tut possessed was created in a meteoric strike that probably happened tens of thousands of years before the Egyptians existed. In that case they would likely not have known it came from the sky in any form.

Originally posted by zeeon
In closing, it certainly is within the realm of possibility that 100,000 men built the pyramid over a 20 year span.

Great post, but you underestimate the Ancient Egyptian capabilities.

The most recent technical estimation I'm aware of (1999) comes from the Architectural/Civil Engineering firm Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall (DMJM) - today known as AECOM:

Based on our program management approach and our informed guesses we concluded that the
total project required an average workforce of 13,200 persons and a peak workforce of 40,000
and that it required two to three years of site preparation, five years of pyramid construction,
and two years of ramp removal, decoration, and other ancillary tasks. Assembling a workforce
of this size—and feeding it—appear to have been well within the capabilities of the Egyptian
economy at that time if the population was in fact 1 million to 1.5 million.

Source: link

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I imagine they used metals much more than we know. Most of it would have rusted away by now.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
My opinion is the ancients knew how to use the old methods to do things better than we know how to use them. They were masters. Instead we use the modern methods. I believe if we were placed into their time without our technology we would be incapable of the simplest things. We'd be laughed at and made fun of. That's why they deserve credit and some respect.
edit on 23-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

That happened around the 1980's when academic researchers started studying chemical plant processes and improving them. They started replacing all the traditional industry terms with the academic terminology, so the senior engineers took early retirement because their knowledge was no longer needed.

Then as an experiment the researchers tried seeing if neural networks could do a better job of running a processing plant than technicians. So they run simulators with the neural network controlling everything from valves on storage tanks to reaction tanks and pressure release vents. Some interesting results were found where they found actions being made that they couldn't understand. So they had to reemploy the now retired engineers as consultants to explain what the systems were doing.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

His name was Herodotus, and he wasn't infallible.

I've read articles that suggested the Egyptian priests knew of ways by chanting mantra's, and using essential oils, plus some other things, that they were able to make the blocks appear nearly weightless. It is almost a very similar scenario to how Ed built Coral Castle all on his own.
edit on 24-8-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
I so loathe the "ancient aliens" BS.

These people seem to think that ancient humans were completely retarded (in the literal sense of the word) and couldn't wipe their own behinds without help from some outer space cthulhu.

1) it's not that hard to cut limestone. It's a pretty soft stone after all.

2) it's not that hard to stack blocks one on top of another.

3) Yep, I completely buy that they would find an iron meteorite, heat it up crack it up, then make jewelry out of it. Wouldn't take a huge leap of thought to do that.

Humans are pretty smart, we have come up with some ingenious things throughout our time on this planet. There's no need for outer space people to come down and show us everything step by step.

That seems to be an unhealthy amount of anger for nothing more than a "hypothesis or theory." Maybe you should calm down a bit and simply, read the information.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

And that doesn't account for what your supposed robbers came and carted off does it?

Based on our program management approach and our informed guesses we concluded

Based on informed guesses? Well #, that's no more than what anybody else has...Again, just a theory, not ever proven fact.

The stones in the GP you refer to were most likely slid into place using what today we refer to as the Grand Gallery for a ramp, with counterweights on the opposite side of the pyramid.

Most likely? Which means once again, you have nothing but speculation, not concrete fact, so quit attempting to tout it as such when you try and 'debunk' somebody's comments.

Truth be told we don't really know how they accomplished some of these feats, let alone building an eight-sided pyramid, not four.

All we have is speculation, so try and keep that in mind when you belittle or attempt to discredit somebody elses speculation, hmm?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Seems like we've hit a raw nerve with this thread. Someone is sending out the big guns to debunk and discredit any meaningful conversation herein...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Harte

Based on our program management approach and our informed guesses we concluded

Based on informed guesses? Well #, that's no more than what anybody else has...Again, just a theory, not ever proven fact.

Definitive proof doesn't exist in the real world - only in mathematics and only because math is based on agreed-upon definitions and postulates that are themselves unproveable.

On the other hand, DMJM (AECOM) is a worldwide, well-respected engineering firm. They do know what they are talking about concerning the use of manpower, time frames, work involved, etc.

Their suppositions might be way off, of course. It should be noted here, however, that the remains of ramps have been found at Giza, leading from one of the quarries (right in front of the GP) out toward the GP.

Now, if someone with "advanced" tech built the pyramids, why, exactly, are these ramp remains there?

Your insistence on "proven fact" in the instance of something that occurred over 4500 years ago is just a way for you to hold on to the ridiculous claims made by the unbalanced (or greedy) minds of fringe writers.

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Seems like we've hit a raw nerve with this thread. Someone is sending out the big guns to debunk and discredit any meaningful conversation herein...

In this thread, "meaningful conversation" is about the iron beads.

Meaningful conversation ended when the subject of ancient advanced cultures or alien intervention came up, when considered in that context.

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I pointed out this argument so that for the record; you have indeed said that definitive proof doesn't exist in the real world...Try applying that to something completely subjective like remote viewing or astral projection when people like you want to nark on parapsychology.

Definitive proof doesn't exist in the real world - only in mathematics and only because math is based on agreed-upon definitions and postulates that are themselves unproveable.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Now, if someone with "advanced" tech built the pyramids, why, exactly, are these ramp remains there?

Mind showing me a picture of these remains?

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by HauntWok

But it's absolutely doable.

But it's not....doable.

Go ask a master stone cutter...with all the today's tech...to reproduce one of the more complex blocks from Puma Punku...

Pure Granite, that can only be cut with diamond tips...and such outstanding precision...

What you don't think red sandstone can be cut?

Maybe you have never seen this.

I thought everyone knew that by now.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I pointed out this argument so that for the record; you have indeed said that definitive proof doesn't exist in the real world...Try applying that to something completely subjective like remote viewing or astral projection when people like you want to nark on parapsychology.

I've said this over and over here at ATS and elsewhere for almost a decade now. If you want to establish that I have stated this, you can use the search function for even more evidence.

People are always using the term "proof" when what they actually should say is "evidence" where the real world is concerned.

After all, you cannot even prove your own existence. How can anyone "prove" any particular pyramid construction method?

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Mind showing me a picture of these remains?

If you mean a photo, I don't know if one exists, though you might look for it online.

Here's a PDF that tells about their discovery (among a great many other things regarding pyramid construction.)

Part of the PDF is in German, the part I refer to is in English.

You'll find what I'm talking about on page 57 of the publication - which is page 12 of the PDF.

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Originally posted by HauntWok
I so loathe the "ancient aliens" BS.

These people seem to think that ancient humans were completely retarded (in the literal sense of the word) and couldn't wipe their own behinds without help from some outer space cthulhu.

1) it's not that hard to cut limestone. It's a pretty soft stone after all.

2) it's not that hard to stack blocks one on top of another.

3) Yep, I completely buy that they would find an iron meteorite, heat it up crack it up, then make jewelry out of it. Wouldn't take a huge leap of thought to do that.

Humans are pretty smart, we have come up with some ingenious things throughout our time on this planet. There's no need for outer space people to come down and show us everything step by step.

How did ancient people cut granite rock with hand tools???
The simple fact is people back then had technology around our level or even greater.
edit on 23-8-2013 by SKUNK2 because: (no reason given)

I know, right?

We are all familiar with that hieroglyph showing how they used a diamond mining saw that was 100ft long.

Oh. Wait.....

Don't avoid my question.
How did they cut granite rock with hand tools?
How about you google how to cut granite rock....Obviously it can be done with copper/iron hand tools

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

What you don't think red sandstone can be cut?

Grim,

The blocks at Pumapunku that seem carved to interlock (they weren't found in any interlocked state, BTW) are made of andesite. This stone is much harder than the red sandstone that makes up the bulk of the stones at the site.

But andesite is similar to diorite - in fact, it's almost the same stone (both are harder forms of granite.) Diorite has a long and VERY ancient history of being shaped in to many different things with the use of saws and "rubbing stones," which were used to smooth the cut surfaces.

The form of copper found in the area of Tiahuanaco has, as a natural ingredient, certain other alloying metals which make the natural copper MUCH harder than pure copper (this was also true of Egyptian copper to a lesser extent.)

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

I don't need to google how to cut granite. Harte has already done the legwork for both of us:

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Than I guess at puma punku had some superior tools back than...even though the age of puma punku is speculated to be older than the Egypt era.

It is unquestionably true that the Tiahuanaco site - including Pumapunku - dates to the common era.

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFlySo what did they use...to cut granite ? Some older, but somehow superior tool to the later copper chisel.

There is no granite at Pumapunku. Assuming you mean the Egyptians, then, they used copper/bronze saws with sand as an abrasive. link

The technique has been duplicated in modern times by Stocks, Protzen et al.
Stocks' book: link

Quarrying link: link

Harte

There IS a mystery relating to the pyramids. But I think you are looking at the wrong stuff.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I was just watching the AA debunked and they said they found blocks from Red Sandstone and Andesite I didn’t look much further with the chisels they forged them using copper, nickel, bronze, and arsenic which made them much harder.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
The most recent technical estimation I'm aware of (1999) comes from the Architectural/Civil Engineering firm Daniel, Mann, Johnson, & Mendenhall (DMJM) - today known as AECOM:

Based on our program management approach and our informed guesses we concluded that the
total project required an average workforce of 13,200 persons and a peak workforce of 40,000
and that it required two to three years of site preparation, five years of pyramid construction,
and two years of ramp removal, decoration, and other ancillary tasks. Assembling a workforce
of this size—and feeding it—appear to have been well within the capabilities of the Egyptian
economy at that time if the population was in fact 1 million to 1.5 million.

Source: link

Yes, my firms have done many construction projects with DMJM, or "Dim Jim" as they were known affectionately in the industry. The average person doing such PERT and Work Content measures studies would have been 3 years out of mechanical, architectural or civil engineering undergrad work; despite the study being published under a partner's name. Partners do not actually DO the work, they are there to win new business. New Arab business.

I am absolutely sure that DMJM would have published something non-conventional (something other than conforming to the political correctness or the Herodotus tale) as a result of such a study. Yes their objectivity here is beyond question!

A non-conforming conclusion would constitute a fantastic enhancement to the young careers of the project engineers. And those projects Dim Jim has at risk in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, UAE, etc. why their clients there would have LOVED to see a non-conforming result.

edit on 24-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join