It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Ailing America's Cattle? Zilmax GMO.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why are there No stories about the Sick cattle on ATS?
are they keeping the Zilmax GMO quiet?

The Wall Street Journal

A growing number of cattle arriving for slaughter at U.S. meatpacking plants have recently shown unusual signs of distress. Some walked stiffly, while others had trouble moving or simply lay down, their tongues hanging from their mouths. A few even sat down in strange positions, looking more like dogs than cows.
Dr. Grandin and other scientists involved with the livestock industry began to suspect a tie to weight-gain supplements called beta-agonists that have only recently become widely used.

"Now, you only have so many days after an animal has been fed [a beta-agonist] before it's got to go to slaughter or it becomes so lame it can't move," said Mike Callicrate, a cattle producer in Colorado Springs, Colo.

So GMO have done it now.
I hope from this the world will see the Evil of GMO.
there are a LOT of stories on the web!
why am I the first to post this on ATS?
I did a search for zilmax and cattle.

Tyson Foods to halt purchase of cows raised with Zilmax &
Merck halts sales of cruel "cattle-fattening" Zilmax drug. at
NaturalNews

edit on 20-8-2013 by buddha because: add stuff

edit on Tue Aug 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
kinda explains the ag gag laws,
second

xploder

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Distinguished ATS member Burn The Ships has recently done many Monsanto GMO expose...do a search in her profile.
##SNIPPED##

Nice OP
S&F
edit on Tue Aug 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Did I miss something?

The article cited mentions a dietary additive given to cattle, and the OP (and, at least up until I started typing this, everyone else in the thread) is going on a rampage about genetically modified organisms. While I happen to agree that this particular additive doesn't sound like something I'd want in my beef, food additives aren't genetic engineering.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I had a look and it said it was GM.
if you look at the second link.
you will find it on a GM site.

this is more than the old GM song!
the cows HAVE to get the the slarter house as on a date.
if they are late they put wait on VERY quickly.

and get so fat they can not walk at all !
this is sick.
and YOU will get a small amount of this drug in your meat.
and you blame people for being fat!!!

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
Did I miss something?

The article cited mentions a dietary additive given to cattle, and the OP (and, at least up until I started typing this, everyone else in the thread) is going on a rampage about genetically modified organisms. While I happen to agree that this particular additive doesn't sound like something I'd want in my beef, food additives aren't genetic engineering.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Reminds me of a National Geographic docu I have seen. They are far from "normal" and the 4 min clip shows the Belgium Blue's intelligent disease to make the body builder of bovine.

ETA ::: Design NOT Disease....or is it...
edit on 22-8-2013 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2013 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I did read the article, and this drug has nothing to do with genetic modification, other than being mentioned on a site that discusses genetic modification. The same site mentions Vitamin D. Does that make Vitamin D some form of genetic modification?

Believe me, I have no desire to eat beef containing this stuff, and I'm glad to see that at least a few companies are pulling away from its use...but muddying the water by bringing in genetic modification where it's not involved doesn't add credibility to the argument, quite the opposite.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So, uh, yet another drug in the drug cocktail that we feed our livestock is cause for you to get up in arms about GMO? When it has nothing to do with GMO? Thanks for the heads up.

new topics

top topics

join