It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired, Active Shooter Reported At Georgia Elementary School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hey everyone I noticed a story about what happened with this shooting, apparently it was diverted by a teacher talking the would-be shooter down, and averting another disaster. Here's the NPR article

Her name is Antoinette Tuff, and through all this let's remember that this woman averted disaster without going to Washington D.C., that's a real hero.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Somebody must have taken the "gun free zone" sign down.

Good thing the cops are only 10 minutes away.

I guess we just need police everywhere all the time, maybe it would be easier if all the good people checked into compounds voluntarily. YAY police!

You're half right. Getting rid of the police entirely and permitting people to act in defense of their persons and property would be my suggestion. Police everywhere? No. Self policing everywhere? Yes.

While we're at it simplify the "law" back to its root. Where there is no harm to person or property there is no crime.
edit on 22-8-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
news.lalate.com...
Michael Brandon Hill, 20, is the Atlanta School shooting suspect from today, claims local news. ...
Hill was in “court last month he got 3 yrs probatn, anger mgt.”

The poor guy sounds like another Prozac casualty.

Strange all the initial accounts that ID'ed the suspect as a black male...

atlanta.cbslocal.com...
(school chief) Thurmond tells the Atlanta Journal-Constitution the suspect is a 25-year-old black male and didn’t have an obvious connection to the school.

25 years old? That sounds pretty darn specific. I am smelling a rat in there somewhere.
edit on 21-8-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

I was watching the local live coverage early on and all I ever heard was "white male" that was later expanded to 19 year old white male, dressed in all black. Never once heard that it was a black 25 year old man.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
MystikMushroom:

Last night ABC interviewed the suspect's brother. Timothy Hill, 22, said that his brother has a "long history of medical disorders, including bipolar, and that could make you snap on a dime."

www.heavy.com...

Barry Loukaitis was 14 at the time of his shooting and it was a full moon. He was diagnosed as having bipolar disorder with delusional and messianic thoughts. In my notes, "he felt he was superior to other people and then those feelings were later replaced by hate, disdain and not measuring up." Michael Hernandez was another full mooner. No cited diagnosis but he was the one who thought he was going to change the world into what it was meant to be (messianic element) and made erratic lists (his journal was chaotic for all of its "order"). Charles Andrew Williams was another full mooner. No diagnosis found but here's his website. Give both the intro and the site a gander: www.andyspeaks.com... Like the werewolf lore, the full moon would represent letting the inner beast out.

My theory is this. The psychological ideation responsible for the new/full moon phenomena may be related to the psychiatric illness. Schizophrenics tend to do their deeds around nights of a new moon. I think it may be a feature of the voice hearing element of their disorder. Basically, a schizophrenic may feel like they are controlled by or at the mercy of those voices. My guess is that the darker nights may actually be feared by them because we, as a society, hold darkness as being equivalent to danger or evil. Luke Woodham's voices came back with a relentless force on the new moon night that he killed his mother while she slept and then, went to school the next morning to shoot his peers. James Holmes was consumed by almost an alternate personality on his new moon shooting spree. Michael Carneal, another new mooner, was afraid to let his feet touch the ground in case demons consumed him.

That's why I believe that both the new moon and the full moon are pertinent and my theory seems to be panning out. There are two profiles for these shooters.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

You are very close to the why, especially when talking about the moon phases. There are 2 tidal events each month, the new moon and the full moon. This causes the tidal shifts. Now, what is the human body made of? Over 50% of your body is water and cells are comprised of about 60-65% water. What does the tidal shift do to water in your body? Does it cause pressure on points it should not? If you are off meds does it make it worse? Ask an ER nurse. Why in folklore do people always go nuts during these periods?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

The postulation about the human body being largely comprised of water and the full moon's possible effects on it has been thoroughly dismissed by the scientific community at this point. A primary reason for the dismissal was a lack of evidence that the moon had any sort of tidal effect on the brain. Another reason for its dismissal was that they were looking at a broad swath of criminal activity and included research on such things as the number of traffic accidents. www.scientificamerican.com...

The problem is that they were looking at too broad of a swath of criminal activity. The majority of murders are essentially crimes of passion so they should be eliminated as the underlying issue may be a combination of mental illness or simply a really bad temper problem. Narrowing the scope down to pre-planners of killing sprees, however, could reveal otherwise. Actually John Shick, may partially blow a hole in my theory. Shick is a schizophrenic but his shooting was on a full moon. Considering that both individuals with schizophrenia and bipolar may harbor a potentially uncontrolled beast within, they are similar enough in that respect so that which disorder it is may not matter. The rest of the major shooters from 2012 to 2013 occurred at moon exposures of

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wjones837

This is so deeply moving. And, as maybe someone a lot younger than me would say, so effin unbelievable! She truly is a hero, and an inspiration to us all.

She faced that young man with such grace and bravery, even offering to act as a human shield. Damn! She is an example of what humanity can be when at its best. Respect, Antoinette, respect.

With the calm of an operator on a computer help line, Tuff called 911 as soon as the man entered the school and fired one round into the floor.

She kept a conversation going among herself, the gunman and the 911 dispatcher. She calmed him. She told him that he wasn’t alone in having troubles. Her husband walked out on her after 33 years, she said, and she has a “multiple-disabled” son. She soothed that man holding an assault rifle by telling him, “We all go through something in life.”

“I’m sitting here with you and talking to you about it,” she told him when he mumbled something about no one wanting to listen to him.

As she persuaded the young man to surrender, she said: “We not going to hate you, baby. It’s a good thing that you’re giving up, so we’re not going to hate you.”

She offered to act as his human shield, to walk outside the school with him so police wouldn’t shoot.

She even told him she loved him, cared about him and was proud of him as he began to stand down.

source

I think, Antoinette, you just gave me an answer to WWJD.

Just wanted to add that everyone just has to listen to the 911 call. There's a lot more than in the above. She stayed on the line for almost 30 mins.
edit on 22-8-2013 by desert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by matafuchs
You are very close to the why, especially when talking about the moon phases. There are 2 tidal events each month, the new moon and the full moon. This causes the tidal shifts. Now, what is the human body made of? Over 50% of your body is water and cells are comprised of about 60-65% water.

Thats a misunderstanding.
The moon doesnt have the power over water, any more than it has the power to move anything else.
Water isnt "special" in that regard. The moons pull acts exactly the same way on salt, iron, hydrogen, your computer, water, your favorite pen, trees, and Tiger Woods.

All that happens when it comes to tides is the fact that humans see the water moves more than the land, because the water is less solid.
The tides act on land as well.

But getting back to the school shooting, it was down to good planning that there was a "good guy with a gun" to blow the shooters head off before he could do any more harm.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree with you, lol sorry about my heavy use of sarcasm but I am glad you agree. I almost thought after I posted that, that what I said may be taken out of context

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed the geographic connection here with other synthetic terror events?

If you draw a line through wtc 1 and the pentagon impact site it goes right through McNair elementary school. Weird huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LinearB
Has anyone noticed the geographic connection here with other synthetic terror events?

If you draw a line through wtc 1 and the pentagon impact site it goes right through McNair elementary school. Weird huh?

You should probably review a map. If you draw a line through WTC 1 in NYC and the Pentagon in Virginia, it will never pass through McNair Discovery Learning Academy as it is located in Georgia.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Lol. Right. So try this. Draw a line between the spot the shots were fired at McNair and wtc 1 and it goes through the impact site at the pentagon.

If you want to really fry your noodle try this.

Remember the pandemic flu? The index case for the United States was a secret service agent on obamas security detail. President Obama presented an award to anthropologist at the anthropology museum in Mexico City. The anthropologist died the next day from the pandemic flu which was why the White House was so concerned.

Draw a line from the atrium of the anthropology museum in Mexico City to wtc 1. It goes through McNair and the pentagon impact site. To the meter.

A gold star to the person who spots the other major event on that line. Two gold stars to the person who figures out where the next one will be.

A word to the wise Is sufficient.

edit on 23-8-2013 by LinearB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LinearB

Still doesn't cross the Pentagon but crosses to the SE by probably 20-50 miles. Anything else you want to pull out of thin air? .

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wtc 1 - 40 42 43.61 n. 74 00 47.42 w
Anthropology museum in Mexico City - 19 25 33.49 n. 99 11 10.17 w

Use google earth to mark the spots. Then use the ruler tool to draw a line between them.

McNair elementary 33 43 38.15 n. 84 18 27.38 w

Impact site at pentagon 38 52 16.60 n. 77 03 29.66 w

The line goes through all 4 points.

Willing to be wrong but isn't this just geometry?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join