It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an attempted Military Coup of Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I tried looking for a credible source on this topic from a MSN site and found none but, there are plenty of other handy down opinionated site that does speak of this but they have no credibility to back it up.

Whether its true or not people this is a conspiracy theories site not a conspiracy fact. There is nothing wrong with the op's thread, its just a discussion whether is true or a hoax.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

This guy, reporter/blogger whatever you want to call him has read way too much ATS. Most of what he says is complete bs.

He speaks of those 20,000 shoulder fired surface to air missiles being American weapons. They weren't and no one "sold" those to the Brotherhood. Gaddafi purchased those from Russia, the Brotherhood got them out of warehouses that were either poorly guarded or unguarded.

He speaks of Stevens possibly selling weapons to the Brotherhood. This is illogical. If he was selling them weapons, and he was their source for weapons, they would not kill him. Now, if he refused to sell them weapons, then yes, they would.... but not if he was their source. That little scenario is bunk and his link on proof is not proof at all but one persons speculations that this was one possibility.... but logic proves that false.

As far as the military staging any coup.... this again is wholly incorrect. A military man believes in the constitution and the people's rights more than anyone, more than even you do.... they wont oust a president because they simply do not like his policies....

The only worry with military is that some may work to train individual Americans here at home in order to be prepared for the day the government goes too far.... that's really not a worry at all since that 'worry' has been there since the 1970's anyway... a just in case scenario, and only as an aid to Americans ... I wouldn't fear that possibility, no matter how possible....but then I am not in power either doing god awful things to the constitution.

Yes, many generals have been removed. This needs answered as to why however, it is not due to any imagined coup. Refusing illegal orders does not make a coup.

Yes some wanted to make a rescue attempt for Stevens and were given stand down orders. (which in my opinion came from the president) This needs to be answered as to why they were given the orders however, they did stand down... they did not go rogue after those orders were given.

None of that goes toward a coup.... military refusing orders even does not make a coup especially if those orders are illegal orders.

Why was Stevens fed to the wolves? IMHO it was because Obama and his administration, Clinton and the like, decided not to try and piss of the Brotherhood whom they have been helping and it was the Brotherhood who wanted Stevens out. This needs answered more than any other damn question... why in the hell have we been helping those who we have been professing as our enemies....? It is a question many have been asking....

It is perhaps some of these in the military are not as "on board" as the current administration would like, and perhaps they are asking some of the same questions as I asked above and the administration decided to put people in place who simply did not care to question... who knows? But that is a logical reason to dismiss people, a lot more logical than some imagined coup to which there is nothing but one man's speculations and is so far reaching as to be insane....

I have much more faith in our military than that.... you should too.... They are over there fighting for you, whether or not you agree, that is why they believe they are there... to keep you safe here at home... stop throwing trash on them that doesn't belong through wild speculation and conjecture.

We should be questioning this administration, there policies and practices, what the hell they think they are doing getting into bed with the Brotherhood, a known terrorist organization (whether or not you and this administration agree that is still fact) What the hell they think they are doing to the constitution here in this country, just plain what the hell they think they are doing in general..... and question until we are satisfied with the answers... and impeach him should we find him to have broken laws, or just wait until the next election and perhaps this next time we will do better....

but to fear a coup based on untruths and speculation is ridiculous.

edit on 11-8-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

When Hillary Clinton was asked about the weapons running in Benghazi she did not deny it. She said, "I don't know". This is the same group of people who told us a video is what caused the attack. This is the same group who claimed it was a consulate when in fact it is now known to be a CIA safe house!

I lived in the Middle East and visited many American Embassies and Consulates and I knew the minute these pictures of the compound came out that there was no way that was anything like an Embassy or Consulate. All Embassies and Consulates have huge signs on them stating that is what they are. They are sovereign territory of their country. An attack upon and Embassy or Consulate is an Attack on the country of that facility.

These are the same people who were running "fast and furious" and nothing is being done about arming Mexican drug lords with weapons that are being used to kill Americans including border agents.

Do you really believe the lap dog media is going to dig into this like Watergate? Please, you are living in a dream world! I have shared the facts I have found showing Generals going against the President's orders. I have shown those Generals being removed. I hope to God when this President starts assassinating Americans with drones these men stop it and keep their sacred oaths.

I also think this is the Chess kings playing their games, and each are trying to check-mate each other. People say Obama only has 40 months left. That is until elections, but what if the shtf before then? Will we have a new set of rules? Obama seems to make them up as he goes. He pronounces law on his own and does away with it on his own.

I wonder just what will the people do when he decides the country needs him to remain as our President.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

He speaks of Stevens possibly selling weapons to the Brotherhood. This is illogical.
Yes some wanted to make a rescue attempt for Stevens and were given stand down orders. (which in my opinion came from the president) This needs to be answered as to why they were given the orders however, they did stand down... they did not go rogue after those orders were given.

None of that goes toward a coup.... military refusing orders even does not make a coup especially if those orders are illegal orders.

Why was Stevens fed to the wolves? IMHO it was because Obama and his administration, Clinton and the like, decided not to try and piss of the Brotherhood whom they have been helping and it was the Brotherhood who wanted Stevens out. This needs answered more than any other damn question... why in the hell have we been helping those who we have been professing as our enemies....? It is a question many have been asking....

It is perhaps some of these in the military are not as "on board" as the current administration would like, and perhaps they are asking some of the same questions as I asked above and the administration decided to put people in place who simply did not care to question... who knows? But that is a logical reason to dismiss people, a lot more logical than some imagined coup to which there is nothing but one man's speculations and is so far reaching as to be insane....

We should be questioning this administration, there policies and practices, what the hell they think they are doing getting into bed with the Brotherhood, a known terrorist organization (whether or not you and this administration agree that is still fact) What the hell they think they are doing to the constitution here in this country, just plain what the hell they think they are doing in general..... and question until we are satisfied with the answers... and impeach him should we find him to have broken laws, or just wait until the next election and perhaps this next time we will do better....
but to fear a coup based on untruths and speculation is ridiculous.

I agree with most of what you have discussed, however, I do not believe we threw Ambassador Stevens to the wolves.....In that case, which we will probably never know the complete story was not directly connected to ANY type of support from the U.S towards the Brotherhood. We had our eye on Egypt where the Brotherhood had just won open elections and elected Morsi. We were giving direct aid to Egypt for decades. The U.S., again looking for allys within that movement, the moderates were working that scene very hard.

What happened in Benghazi was a travesty...because we took our eye off the ball....we simply had a very poor chain of command in that matter (very complicated situation, can't go into further details) however, we were in Libya watching trying to find moderates, but while dealing RIM's trying to run their own domination...extension ever growing in the area...Yemen, Syria, Lebanon....Iran was a player. I know this was off topic, my response to you...but the situation in Libya and Egypt were not as coordinated as thought. However the failure of chain of command in the U.S. and the radicals trying to create a foothold in the Guadafi(sp?) free era was beginning....(the US did want to participate, still does in the controlling leaders that arise in lybia....hence why we have not yet seen retribution for Stevens...we are building a relationship with counter group(s), Brotherhood influences were there, but some competing elements as well. The puzzle is intricate, but now, I will stop, just wanted to respond.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

I am not too sure of high ranking officials being involved in a coordinated effort to overthrow B. O.

but there were many smaller groups which were poised to do so which is indicative of a greater command structure.

One such smaller group was called "fear". They were compromised of active and retired military personnel .
Their first order of business was to assault the military base most were stationed on and secure as many heavy weapons as possible from an armory. Then basically start a civil war with the end goal of killing B .O

In the end and like 2 weeks before their first armed intervention one of them got cold feet, told his fiancée and was murdered alongside her by the other members since the couple wanted to alert the authorities.

The entire group was publicly labeled as an extremist racially driven group even though they were really a revolutionary movement from within the military.

There are many more from what I understand. Even within special forces and command in all branches of the armed forces.

It is not a hoax. Obama shifted many people from command positions and replaced them with relatively new comers that he could trust more. Especially after the benghazi incident.

Some groups have been around longer but now there is no denying that there exists this sentiment in the military at some level.

why do you think that this administration labeled ex military as potential domestic terrorists .....?

www.eutimes.net...

mobile.nytimes.com...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

edit on 11-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

This entire post is BS.

It's all sourced material from Sorcha Faal. Why is it people like you simply believe everything you read because it's something you want to hear, without actually checking the source material of the premise.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

I suggest giving the "rationalwiki" a read:

Sorcha Faal reports sometimes appear on conspiracy forums such as Above Top Secret and Godlike Productions, often after being republished by other websites (such as the European Union Times). Invariably, the following amusing pattern emerges: it usually takes only a few posts before the forumites identify the source and the author and start piling verbal abuse on the idiot reposting such bull# and on Sorcha Faal herself, often twisting the name into "such a fail" or some variant thereof.[7] The bad news is that this doesn't stop other forum-dwellers from believing it.

Sorcha_Faal
edit on 12-8-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Have you looked into the Insider Threat Policy Obama signed last year? It seems to have been around the time the rumors of the supposed coup threat started popping up.

And this from last October:

Iranian Press TV: US military planned mutiny on the Bounty to topple Obama. Admiral Gaouette was part of a group of military officers who have been under suspicion for planning a “Seven Days in May” type overthrow of the US government if President Obama is re-elected.

The Obama administration has had American military, both on domestic and foreign bases on high alert since October 1. However, there has been no known terrorist enemy threatening the US. The enemy is called “domestic” but its origins are far from American.

Today, Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette was “fired” from his command of one of the three carrier battle groups back to Bremerton, Washington to face an investigation.

It is impossible to adequately state how unusual this is and how serious.

The Navy was clear that the charges had nothing to do with his personal conduct, no rape or sexual misconduct, no stolen money, no drug use, the things that usually bring down careers in the Navy, that and crashing ships into each other.

Gaouette was sent back because the Secretary of Defense found him unfit for command, sent him across the world in the middle of one of the largest combat exercises in history, one both timed prior to an election and one at a critical location, near the Straits of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf.

Gaouette commanded nearly one third of the Naval and air combat forces in the region.

The decision was made based on a conversation with the Secretary of Defense who, at the end of the talk, believed Gaouette was part of a group of military officers who have been under suspicion for planning a “Seven Days in May” type overthrow of the US government if President Obama is re-elected.

This is not conjecture, dozens of key officers face firing, hundreds are under investigation, all with direct ties to extremist elements in the Republican Party and the Israeli lobby.
www.presstv.com...

edit on 8/12/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: added press tv quote

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

And did you know:

Monday, September 24, 2012
Vice President Joe Biden Travels to Mount Weather Command Base
nesaranews.blogspot.com...

By Avalon
theintelhub.com
Special Investigative Report
September 22, 2012
A very interesting NOTAM (Notice To Airmen) was released on September 18th, 2012 which indicate Vice-Presidential Air Travel to the Mount Weather Command Base, located nearby Woodbridge, Virginia.
The link and information to this NOTAM FDC 2/5504 has vanished.
The link to this specific information is broken or the server is not allowing the public access to it for reasons of National Security or a similar rationale, but the information was available up until September 21, 2012 and this information was posted on numerous piloting sites which qualify it as Open-Source.
nesaranews.blogspot.com...

So there might be something more to this after all. I say we should keep digging.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
How do I put it? Your source is fiction. At least most of it. That the cia is arming and running an outfit in Syria or elsewhere might be true. After all thafs the primary role of the seals thesedays, to provide training to such outfits.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
How do I put it? Your source is fiction. At least most of it. That the cia is arming and running an outfit in Syria or elsewhere might be true. After all thafs the primary role of the seals thesedays, to provide training to such outfits.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

Keep saying it... there are other sources given. Again, sorcha says anything and it automatically is bs even though other credible sources have it! This is classic disinfo tactic 101.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Because Sorcha is fake. A lot of other sources pick it up from that website, or it gets submitted to them and they run with it. Have you ever bothered to actually read the Sorcha Fall website?

Russia Prepares for War after historic Obama-Bush-Clinton Africa MeetPresident Carter, General Powell plead for Russian Aid to Overthrow Obama

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

There's a tiny kernel of truth, to a total BS article. But if you want to believe Sorcha, you have fun with that.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
EU Times is not a reputable news source. It seems to recycle total rubbish. As for the OP's source, well, anonymous sources and unverifiable rumours make me severely doubt it.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
But if you want to believe Sorcha, you have fun with that.

I never said I trusted Sorcha. I am going by the actual events that have taken place. Ignore the facts all you want.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

the hell are you talking about. The NY freaking times covered the story.

you didn't even read it.

so the standard disinfo tactic is to allude to this being sorcha faal when the only people even mentioning it are those that say its a bad source.

How can you be this blind or willingly blinded.

My sources aren't even an issue when it comes to known public knowledge.

so you are all trying to imply that militias , ex military and active personnel have NOT come under scrutiny by th!e government?why is that?

are you retarded?
edit on 12-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Can a coup happen? I cannot imagine it. Are there CIA operatives closely watching senior staffs ready to arrest them if they appear to be stepping out of line? This article was well worth reading.

As much as I am NO fan of Mr Obama or the current agenda for this nation, I could not, and would never side-up with some military coup. Even as much as I believe this nation is being misled down a horrible path, military governments are even worse.

No... I would prefer to set this government aside by way of ballot box and maybe even impeachment... but never a coup. Never.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm not ignoring facts. But to go from "they ordered the Marines to leave weapons outside in a show of support of the Afghan forces" to "they ordered them to be disarmed because Panetta had been shot at by US forces in the past" isn't going on facts, it's going on an anonymous source, and ignoring the facts given by local commanders in favor of it.

So is the removal of commanders in the field. It's happened in the past, but since it's Obama it's much more publicized and blown out of proportion more than any other president that I've ever seen.

There were at least two more this year alone, both removed by their own superiors. Hell, Douglas MacArthur was removed from command. Last year in the Navy alone, 24 commanders were removed from command for misconduct allegations.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Can a coup happen? I cannot imagine it. Are there CIA operatives closely watching senior staffs ready to arrest them if they appear to be stepping out of line? This article was well worth reading.

As much as I am NO fan of Mr Obama or the current agenda for this nation, I could not, and would never side-up with some military coup. Even as much as I believe this nation is being misled down a horrible path, military governments are even worse.

No... I would prefer to set this government aside by way of ballot box and maybe even impeachment... but never a coup. Never.

I don't like a coup either, but if you think we have free and real elections then you are very mislead. We are given the elites 2 choices in the general election. Anyone who truly is from the people is demonized in the primaries and kept out of debates, sidelined with ridicule, and never makes it to the general election. Then look at electronic voting proven to be rigged. NO ONE CARES in mass.

We have foreign companies counting our votes! We have no paper ballot system and it's proven you can rig a voting system in less than a minute and leave no trace! So, if you think we will get anything done by the ballot box you are naive.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

this entire subject can be summed up in that picture. I understand that most (myself included) don't want this to be true or even to entertain the thought. That wont make it go away.

people are pissed and will be untill the reason for their discontent is addressed. The situation we are in is beyond intolerable ...it is unsustainable in the long run.

you can placebo the patient to death making him think the symptoms are a question of belief or even a will to continue as is....but illnesses will kill him eventually.

the country is sick. It needs treatment not placebo after placebo ......ignoring the problem is akin to faith healing.....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You Have shown nothing but conjecture and speculation from a known liar....

Hilary Clinton saying I dont know is a far cry from government admitting to a darn thing.

You cant prove anyone refused orders... if you can then please show ACTUAL proof not some guy speculating with not one ounce of proof

Just because media lies means nothing here, it certainly doesn't prove your conjecture.... It does however lend more weight to your 'chosen media' being liars themselves

Also. there is not an US embassy or consulate anywhere on earth that cannot double as a CIA safe house... same for any countries embassies... Any Russian embassy can be a safe house for the SVR agents and so on and so forth... that is simply common sense.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

lol... we need our own thread.... lots to talk about...

just home for lunch and going back... I just wanted to say I will write more when I get off work tonight....

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by boncho

the hell are you talking about. The NY freaking times covered the story.

you didn't even read it.

I did. It only refers to one detail in the OP. It does not support the entire premise of the OP. The article has been taken entirely out of context for the purpose of this thread.

And you fail entirely to address the rest of the sources provided.

so the standard disinfo tactic is to allude to this being sorcha faal when the only people even mentioning it are those that say its a bad source.

I referenced a specific post, which sourced an article from Sorcha Faal, I don't see the ambiguity here.

How can you be this blind or willingly blinded.

The question you yourself would do good to answer.

My sources aren't even an issue when it comes to known public knowledge.

Public known knowledge of a military coupe? Do tell...

so you are all trying to imply that militias , ex military and active personnel have NOT come under scrutiny by th!e government?why is that?

This is the first time in history is it?

are you retarded?

Another question best answered by the original asker.
edit on 13-8-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join