It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Launch Rock!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A cute little song about why you shouldn't purchase a console at launch.

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's a load of crap. The consoles work out of the box and there's many great games coming out at launch, of course it takes time to build up a decent library of games, but that's obvious, it takes time to develop them. Only the childish PC elitists like this on Youtube, that's evident from the comments.
edit on 8-8-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

A load of crap?

I can't recall snes or genesis dying on me ever. Xbox ring of death? AYYEP.

The price doesn't usually drop after 6-12 months?

Or did that apple jab grab your goose?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

A load of crap?

I can't recall snes or genesis dying on me ever. Xbox ring of death? AYYEP.

The price doesn't usually drop after 6-12 months?

Or did that apple jab grab your goose?

My Xbox lasted for 6 years, then I decided to buy a slim one. RRoD was fixed for free, it was an accidental flaw that only existed in the first version of the console and it's a mistake that Microsoft and others learned from, the next consoles have undergone extensive testing to make sure flaws like this do not exist. All products drop in price because that's what hardware does, the consoles are actually sold below cost. So yes, it's a load of crap.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So what about the other points?

I think the apple jab riled you up a bit. heheh all good man, it's cutesy video, further more what do you expect reading YT comments, those are the toilet of the net., we should be surprised if they werent arguing about religion.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

So what about the other points?

I think the apple jab riled you up a bit. heheh all good man, it's cutesy video, further more what do you expect reading YT comments, those are the toilet of the net., we should be surprised if they werent arguing about religion.

What other points? There wasn't any real points made, I already address the "points" made in the video. I don't know what you mean by "apple jab" by the way, but I don't really want to know.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I don't know perhaps you could watch the video again and answer all your own questions. :

edit on 8-8-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I don't know perhaps you could watch the video again and answer all your own questions. :

You have no further arguments then? So in conclusion, it's a load of crap.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oh my dear mint, You need me to tell you every detail of the video? I am quite sure you are more than capable of retaining the information, or perhaps you could scroll up to where I said the price drops, is that crap as well?

And have you become clairvoyant? You're saying that a mistake/flaw wont and cant happen again. If only I could have that much faith in a company.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Oh my dear mint, You need me to tell you every detail of the video? I am quite sure you are more than capable than retaining the information, or perhaps you could scroll up to where I said the price drops, is that crap as well?

I've already addressed the rubbish in the video along with what you've brought up, including the price drops.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

So then the video is correct.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So then the video is correct.

So I explained why the points in the video are crap, and therefore the video is correct? Nice logic! I can see why you agree with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Well you are saying that no flaw will occur again in a future console. You say that as if its a fact. I can see why you dislike it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Well you are saying that no flaw will occur again in a future console. You say that as if its a fact. I can see why you dislike it.

I haven't said that, I said that they have undergone extensive testing to make sure flaws like overheating (RRoD) don't exist. Let's not buy any product because there's a chance that there could be a flaw!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Nobody said not to buy them the video said to wait so if there was a chance there was a flaw it would have time to be worked out, you said this was crap. I had to ask can you see the future.

Seems like your crappy argument is unraveling into crapsville partner.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was in the industry for sometime (buyer for a vg retailer) and I can honestly say console defects tend to trade generations.

Probably started with the switch to CD based drives because of the fragility of the lens over solid state cartridges, really simple reason.

But I remember the original xbox being bullet proof while the ps2 was #, and now it seems ps3 is pretty solid compared to xbox.

Nintendo has always been pretty solid with build quality though.

ETA

A lot of things go into a consoles death, hours of use, upkeep (dust the thing they are computers now with heat sinks) etc. One persons experiences is not always anothers.
edit on 8-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Nobody said not to buy them the video said to wait so if there was a chance there was a flaw it would have time to be worked out, you said this was crap. I had to ask can you see the future.

Seems like your crappy argument is unraveling into crapsville partner.

It is crap, flawed logic, I have explained why using actual logic, which you don't seem to understand. Even if there was a problem, it would most likely be fixed for free under warranty.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I was in the industry for sometime (buyer for a vg retailer) and I can honestly say console defects tend to trade generations.

Probably started with the switch to CD based drives because of the fragility of the lens over solid state cartridges, really simple reason.

But I remember the original xbox being bullet proof while the ps2 was #, and now it seems ps3 is pretty solid compared to xbox.

I loved the ps2 but I went through 3 of them, sometimes it would just stop reading the disc, luckily I always bought the insurance and could return it and yeah my xbox lasted until I gave it to my little brother. No telling where that xbox is now lol

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fixed but then it becomes an inconvenience for the buyer, who could've just waited a little bit, had a larger selection of games, perhaps even a more stable machine, and dun dun dun a possible price drop.

Wow, just like all the points in the video.

Imagine THAT!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I loved the ps2 but I went through 3 of them, sometimes it would just stop reading the disc, luckily I always bought the insurance and could return it and yeah my xbox lasted until I gave it to my little brother. No telling where that xbox is now lol

I left the industry just after the lauch of the ps3 and Wii, even by that point 360's where getting a rep for high return rates and warranty exchanges.

Last time I think I went through 4 ps2s, and 2 xbox's partly do to the amount of use on them, and part to the poor build on the PS2 last time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join