It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman stopped by Texas police for speeding, had gun in car

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Didn't he attempt to flee originally? My guess is that he is on his way to Mexico...

He's an innocent man. He isn't fleeing from the law.

Reading comprehension?..."originally"? I was speaking of when he was awaiting trial and they pulled his bail cuz he was hiding money, refused to turn over his passport etc. Not to mention, if memory serves, his first lawyer couldn't even find him for a week, The judge at the time deemed him a flight risk.

The point being...he likely had plans then to "relocate"...so maybe he is following through on that original plan.

"200k in a paypal account",,boy u really want that money dont ya,,shamefull,, when its only bout the money,,,

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

"200k in a paypal account",,boy u really want that money dont ya,,shamefull,, when its only bout the money,,,

Confused? Why would I want that money? My point is that he collected over 200K...presuming the donations continued after his bail hearing.

He hid the 200,000 from the courts. They take finances into account when setting bail.

He has money to travel or relocate.

If right-wing nuts have no issue giving him money, why should I care?
edit on 1-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

Originally posted by djr33222
Is George running away from karma? He is speeding and state-hopping for no apparent reason.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth."
-Proverbs 28:1

You decide.
edit on 31-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, except that he may not be fleeing, more likely seeking-and he will find what he's looking for in time.

Interesting. I don't doubt this as a possibility.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

by FF....
He's an innocent man. He isn't fleeing from the law. If anything, he's gone to a more sane part of the country to get away from the idiots who keep threatening to kill him. Texas was a smart move on his part.

As a born and raised Texan. "Sane" isn't quite the word I'd use to describe Texas or Texans.

As Kinky said....

I just want Texas to be number one in something other than executions, toll roads and property taxes. Kinky Friedman

GZ being Hispanic won't serve him well in Texas.
edit on 1-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

My point is that he
collected over 200K...

The money in that account was turned over to MOM, who, as far as I know, still has possession of that account.

George had to write requests for a roll of toilet paper or any other expense he and his family had, so no, I don't believe he is touring the country with a 2k bank account. That is a falsehood.

As has been pointed out by others, I am sure he is looking for a safe place to live where he can try to get a job and support his family. I wouldn't want to live in Fla. after the things that happened there, especially when people were openly allowed to put a bounty on him, dead or alive, and never made to answer for that.

Texas seems like a nice place, but now he may have to change again, especially after his tag number, and make and model of his vehicle was broadcast.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Confused? Why would I want that money? My point is that he collected over 200K...presuming the donations continued after his bail hearing.

He hid the 200,000 from the courts. They take finances into account when setting bail.

So, whoever has a differing opinion than you, politically or socially, is a "nut?"

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

i don't care what color you are if you tell a cop you are going nowhere in particular 4-5 states away from where you live that is suspicious, so its ok for zimmerman to tell a cop he's going nowhere in particular but he calls the cops on trayvon for walking through the neighborhood?

its not just race baiters who are upset with the zimmerman verdict or initial lack of charges, get over it. trayvons parents and the public parents answers as you would, if your son was followed by a stranger, involved in a one on one confrontation with no weapon, shot dead and then the stranger walked away with no jail time or charges.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Ya if you dont have a Conceal and Carry, and it is loaded, then that is against the law.

Nope, not in Texas. The links have been provided in previous posts in this thread. Perfectly legal (without a CCW) to have a loaded pistol in your vehicle.

just a question here, is it legal to travel across the 4-5 states it takes to get to texas from florida with a gun in the glove compartment if you have a ccw?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Yup

www.usacarry.com...

Permit(s) Honored In:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Permit(s) Not Honored In:

California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Washington, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

They reciprocate. FYI it is only 3 states to pas through to get to Texas from Florida 4 if you take the long way and go to Georgia first.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm surprised to hear Zimmerman's gun was in his glove compartment. After his lucky escape just over a year ago, I'd have thought it would be somewhere within quick reach and where he wasn't likely to forget it, everywhere he went. What's the average draw time for getting a firearm out of the glove box, these days?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Maybe that is the spare gun

S guy I used to work with used to say a mans not properly dressed till he has 6 cartriges under each arm

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

if Zimmerman was the gun wielding crazy you make him out to be, he would have had it on his person per his permit, not in the glove box.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

So, whoever has a differing opinion than you, politically or socially, is a "nut?"

Yes IMO...anyone that sends money to Geoerge Zimmerman has been used by the media....thier political buttons pushed. You want to send your hard earned cash to strangers...maybe choose one that isn't accused of murder? Maybe somebody starving, or the make a wish foundation granting last wishes for dying children?...i don't know, lots of choices out there, but why send George Zimmerman your money? yes...nuts.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I don't know that 'Flee' or 'Run' would be at all accurate here. He's a free man with a full acquittal of all charges. The fact he was handed his gun back confirms that beyond any question. Even Texas isn't handing a gun back to a criminal like that. Whatever we each think of him, either way, he's as free to go anywhere he likes as we are.

I could see him relocating to get away from the local hate-fest in Florida announcing their intent to find new ways to kill him. I'd relocate too, given how his life has gone there since that night.

Why Mexico though? That hadn't even crossed my mind? Mexico is only safe haven for people the U.S. chooses to ignore, not people they actually want back, so if Holder filed charges that wouldn't stop anything. He's Hispanic but does he even speak Spanish? I never heard anyone say either way. It doesn't seem logical to leave the country. Just Florida.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't they give you a gun and a 6 pack of budweiser when you enter the state?
What's the problem?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

In Florida it is not illegal to carry a weapon in your glove compartment.
And you don't need a ccw permit either. However you may not openly display the weapon.

www.opencarry.org...

Open Car Carry You may NOT open carry in a car.
A person 18 or older to may possess a concealed firearm in their car, without a license, if the firearm is “securely encased”.“Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Why should he be in fear of his life?

Note how quickly he exited the state of Florida. My guess is he wore out his welcome there. Would you go back home if you were him?

I don't care how hard core, theres this back of the neck itch in the middle of the night when you hear a noise outside your door. It wears on the soul.

But why? The only reason is because the People have no care for the actual Justice system; meaning they (the mob) didn't get their way. Because of media frenzy and twist; Zimmerman is a 'marked' man -- not because he is a convict on the run or a killer -- rather because 'they' feel that 'their' justice wasn't met.

"They" forget that it was the State who is accusing Zimmerman. The Government is levying the claim of criminality and since they have the power of force, they will lock you us. That whole "innocent before guilty" be damned right? Mainly because you have already found him guilty.

Heaven forbid you jay-walk and don't have a justification -- but know this, I will defend you against the State until your peers find otherwise.
edit on 1-8-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Because of media frenzy and twist; Zimmerman is a 'marked' man -- not because he is a convict on the run or a killer -- rather because 'they' feel that 'their' justice wasn't met.

I totally agree. Thats what I meant.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Roger. The Media is using the lack of education of the masses in these cases; not just this one. Think of the Anthony Case; the media wanted a conviction. It pressed it upon the People to also "want" that conviction. When it didn't happen, people imploded.

What people fail to realize and no thanks to the media outlets, is that a defendant is not tried against the Peoples' will or their emotions. They are held against the State and it is the State who is laying claim of wrong doing. Thank heavens for the fact that the Founding Fathers recognized that the State, while retaining enormous amounts of power, still needs to recognize someone as innocent until proven guilty.

So some, as they have shown, they don't want that. They believe the State should view everyone as guilty and it is up to us to prove that innocence. Welcome to 1760 and you are now a subject of the King.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-8-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join