It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushido The Life In Every Breath + Q&A

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

With respect to Japanese culture are you familiar with Shinto and its relationship within the context of the Shadow Warrior?

It relates to Shamanism.

edit on 1-8-2013 by Kashai because: modifed content

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Also do check out the book of five rings. It will complement your enthusiasm for this topic and philosophy. I believe you will really enjoy it. The last chapter is absolutely brilliant. Everyone I know who read the book have all agreed its one of the most thoughtful readings ever.

But keep in mind. Musashi got his understanding of bushido by actually participating in bushi. I firmly believe that unless you are initiated in the warriors way through participating in violence you really will never understand bushido. You have to be initiated. Bushido must be felt and experienced in context. It's not a Do thing all in its self.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Also quoting Bruce lee is great and all but his references to water were in the context if being fluid and adaptable in fighting . Everybody takes it out of context. Bruce lee was not a Christ and he was not like water. His personally live was extremely unbalanced and in discord.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

"Musashi got his understanding of bushido by actually participating in bushi."

I think you meant "Budo", instead of Bushi.

Which is a term to refer to the warrior caste.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugeisha

No you are correct. I was using terms I thought the op would gel with better. To help see my perspective easier. Budo is the correct term. To help the op understand he was talking about the do in bushido and not the bushi aspect.
edit on 1-8-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. I'm tired just worked 12 hours and my brains a little numb. But I firmly believe that unless you are actually experienced in commiting violence you don't have any real perspective on bushido. Your are just speculating. Not refering to anyone in particular when I say you. Not directing that at you directly I mean. But yeah to get the deeper understand about bushido you gotta actually walk the wm and experience violence understand the power in it and develop the wisdom and experience to have the discipline to use it or not when a time comes.

There's much more to it of course but its too much to get into and type with my thumbs on my phone this late at night.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. I'm tired just worked 12 hours and my brains a little numb. But I firmly believe that unless you are actually experienced in commiting violence you don't have any real perspective on bushido. Your are just speculating. Not refering to anyone in particular when I say you. Not directing that at you directly I mean. But yeah to get the deeper understand about bushido you gotta actually walk the wm and experience violence understand the power in it and develop the wisdom and experience to have the discipline to use it or not when a time comes.

There's much more to it of course but its too much to get into and type with my thumbs on my phone this late at night.

I know what you are trying to say it is understandable.
But the thing is you yourself could be just speculating about me. I have witnessed violence in many shapes and forms that it comes in. When I was younger I understood the power and essence violence has and a few times myself have committed it.

However, if you are truly taking in practice Bushido you must also know that violence must not be used unless there is no other way.That is when you are defined both spiritually and warrior state mind. There is a fine line between a simple warrior and the spiritual warrior, in which Bushido if lets say described correctly would be like a portrayed modern day Jedi.

The samurai knew balance and balance is the most import thing, then comes truth and honour/respect, for with out them our words and action's have no meaning and basically mean nothing, the last thing would be wisdom and patience it comes come with time, and in time all things are known.

That is both Bushi & do, the same can applied to many other teachings around the world. However, I truly feel sorry that so many teachings have been twisted for dark hat agenda. Maybe in time we will learn what truth, honour, balance, wisdom and patience really meant to mean.

I apologise if I came across stern and disrespectful, I will take into account your statement and knowledge.

Still I thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the read.

edit on 1-8-2013 by The Magicians Apprentice because: Because correcting one self is learning something new.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I believe one can be peace every day of ones life, and yet still train, with spirit, ie. as in Bruce Lee, Jedi, Tao, with the force, to protect the innocent or another.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

"Lairs" as compared to "Dojo's" are actually illegal in Japan. But with respect to training in relation to Western Hemispheric Indigenous cultures, they do train warriors in "Lairs", and it is legal. In context if one related to reality in 4 dimensions, one potentially would be capable of casting a 3 dimensional shadow.

You did mention that you were interested in mysticism in relation to the OP, so essentially I am offering some context in relation to that query.

How about a music break...

Any thoughts?

edit on 1-8-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Kashai, honestly i for one am not following...

Please source further to provide some context as to what exactly it is you are referring to?

Are you hinting towards something Mikkyo related? Mikkyo Buddhism is a school of Buddhism, very esoteric and often misunderstood and confused with aspects of Zen, and even confused with the local Shinto.

It's rife throughout many Koryu and martial arts, in context to Ninjutsu it is supposed to be the foundation of it's esoteric teachings, supposedly.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugeisha

In the early stages of Buddhism it was prohibited to worship an idol or image. Furthermore, it was considered impossible to create an image that would capture the greatness of Buddha. Eventually, however, religious people began to seek a ground for their faith and create Buddhist images as their objects of worship. As the doctrines were manifested, more and more statues, pictures and figures were produced.

In Mikkyo the main images are the Five Buddhas of Wisdom with Dainichi Nyorai (Mahavairocana) as the central Buddha. These Five Buddhas of Wisdom can often be found in mandala replications. Over time, a multitude of Buddhas were created with an equally diverse range of characteristics. Each image has its own special sacred connections and powers to heal followers. In Shingon Buddhism, visual images are used to help facilitate spiritual practice. Mudras, mantras and mandalas are a necessary part of developing spiritual training. These three keys are essential to leading followers toward the potential of attaining enlightenment.

Source

What if a human being were able to comprehend reality in 4 dimensions. And as a result his or her perspective in physicality, allowed for their shadow to be presented physically in 3 dimensions?

Yes, and there are in fact many what if's, and that is part of developing Critical Thinking Skills

To put it in other terms, "it is a jungle out their"

edit on 1-8-2013 by Kashai because: Added and modifed content

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I agree with most of your points. Perhaps you do understand Bushido better than you lead on. However, I must bring up the idea of using violence only as a last resort. I believe that the line in a situation that must be crossed to resort to violence define "as a last resort" and that that line is subjective, but firmly believed to be true at the time by the individual, and changes over time with experiences and that those experiences help define ones depth in understanding bushido. Bushido describes that "conviction" as the subject must be brought up, it's part of the package, but its brought up in philosophic abstracts and its fruit will personally differ from one warrior to the next.

Liked the rest of your points though.

What do you mean by Dark Hat?

anyways cool thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

OK. Bruce Lee was not at peace at any point of his life he was deeply troubled and constantly battling his own faults. It eventually got the best of him. Bruce lee good martial artist. Intelligent, a deep thinker, and egoist, insecure, short tempered ....

Jedi know peace...explain to me darth vader/ anakin then. Pretty sure he wasn't at peace.

The tao? Taoist really study the way energy systems interact and exchange forces. like water defeats fire which defeats wood which defeats earth which defeats metal or something like that. The yin yang thing is a concept doesn't mean a taoist practitioner is in some zen like state and full of wisdom. just that he understands the concepts of things like convection cells and other basic exchanges of energy. at craziest a elemental alchemist of some sort.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Shamans have often related to Intent.

In other words why????

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Thanks for the clarification, i think the OP and others will benefit from knowing exactly what it is you were referring to.

I suspected... but it was a pretty big stretch.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugeisha
reply to post by Kashai

Thanks for the clarification, i think the OP and others will benefit from knowing exactly what it is you were referring to.

I suspected... but it was a pretty big stretch.

A big stretch is considering that we are oriented to the moment, which is infinite.

Mankind is infinite
God is more
than infinite

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Dakuan is that you? ahhahah jokes, it is a curious method to create discourse is all...

Apologies if this response doesn't quite sate your thirst, firstly I will qualify my application of the word stretch. Then mayhaps, we can enter this mystical realm of the infinite to which you so succinctly refer...

Specifically... i suspect it would be a 'stretch' for anyone... not knowing anything about Mikkyo Buddhism... to know anything about what you are referring... aside from a reference as to which was quite obscure, besides aspects of dimension in context to... i actually didn't know, aside from suspect, Mikkyo Buddhism. I being an exception, I guess practising aspects of Mikkyo myself by default, allowed me insight to your (respectfully) fairly well random comments.

Now as to the infinite... correct me if i am wrong, however have you posed a question, with Orientation... and infinite, in one statement?

Is this wording conducive to the nature of your question?

Moments, can be infinite, however, specifically the moment itself, i'd be inclined to consider otherwise... not necessarily argue, but consider...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Bushido hay
Slaughtered allied soldiers (prisoners) like animals.
Truly inhumane monsters

But hay, whatever you want to believe

books.google.com.au...

Bushido, worse than the naziis

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Bushido hay
Slaughtered allied soldiers (prisoners) like animals.
Truly inhumane monsters

But hay, whatever you want to believe

books.google.com.au...

Bushido, worse than the naziis

Next you're gonna say the Japanese deserved what they got when that tsunami hit right?

You obviously don't have a clue about the term 'Bushido' or Japanese history and culture. To be honest the depth and complexity of the Japanese traditions, spiritual and philosophical, would be too much to fathom for a nimrod like yourself. Go back to your x-box kid.

(Why don't you check out some of the atrocities committed by US service men during the Pacific WW2 conflicts instead of just being an ignoramus, both sides did bad stuff, and what happened during that conflict has zero bearing on the concepts being discussed in this thread. But there's always one knuckle headed flag waver who'll pop up during any discussion involving the Japanese eh?)

edit on 1-8-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I was wondering where mikkyo would pop up.

Seems here..

Perhaps best as an aside from bushido in its own thread. Since while both touch they are not the same. Shugenja and mikkyo are very interesting but not bound by bushido.

Shinto and the nichiren schools are also fascinating incontext of Japanese mysticism. But perhaps we could come together in a thread for that

OP.. if u get 5rings read it first as a sword manual. Buy a subarito or bokken....Practice and try the tecniques.
Then read it as a single warriors way of thinking.
Then read it as for an army.

Then.. from there, like the rest of us with it.... you will read it a gajillionty more times.
Remember to add your thoughts on all these books back to this thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join