It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1 million award offered for Chupacabra capture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The Miami UFO Center has learned that there have been reports of several armed searches in various parts of Chile and Argentina in order to find a humanoid creature believed to be the blood predator known as "the chupacabras." Due to the severity of the financial losses of farmers in light of recent animal mutilations. The animal mutilations believed to be caused by the alleged creature have been over two hundred, including chickens and bovines.

Im kinda hoping that they dont kill the creature/creatures if they do find it, tho I think becuse of the type of creature they are hunting for. It would be nice to have evidence of their existance once and for all.
Heres the link to the full story, enjoy:>

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Great find Radiant! I wonder if anyone will be able to capture it or will it just kill them? Oh well I better keep my on this.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I partially agree with your comment atomix.....this animal only sucks the blood of its victims....it doesnt actually eat the flesh and fatty parts of any animals it attacks.......the thing that scares me is this implies that this animal is soley reliant on blood of other animals....how would an animal have evolved such an unusual diet? also the animals never seem to have cuts or abbraisions suggesting a sign of a struggle while their bodies are sucked dry of blood.......how are they able to do this? would it not make more evolutionary sense to gorge on the whole animal carcass and thus circumventing the need to kill such a large number of animals to satiate its hunger?
The only thing I can think is that this behaviour suggests an animal with intelligence and intellect as it knows how to subdue large animals whilst taking what it needs in very large numbers, without leaving atrace or any physical evidence that it was ever there.......Im not sure what would scare me more....wild animalistic chupacabaras......or some form of sentient, intelligent animal not far removed from our own ancestory......I just hope they catch 1!

Who knows maybe they only phase into our reality when thay need to feed, hence why we have never seen any physical proof they exist other than their finished meals.
[edit on 10-11-2004 by radiant_obsidian]

[edit on 10-11-2004 by radiant_obsidian]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Excellent find.

But... yes an animal/beast that feeds ONLY on the fluids of another
creature is... disturbing none the less.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Kind of like king-sized leeches but with bones assuming that the chupacabra has a vertebra.

EDIT
maybe it buries itself underground like some animals during its resting period.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Unnamed_One]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
chupacabras are awsome, i want them to suck my blood, i would pay 1million for that......

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i dont think one will be found because they are so elusive.

posted by radiant_obsidian

also the animals never seem to have cuts or abbraisions suggesting a sign of a struggle while their bodies are sucked dry of blood.......

maybe he has some sort of anethesia in his fangs?
i sure as hell hope they find one too. alive. that way we could study how it moves and its behaviors. sure if someone shoots it we will have evidence but an alive one would be worth so much more.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I dont know. Ever since I killed a bird in my leprachuan trap I am very wary about trapping anything. I love birds!!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
$1,000,000 to capture a fictious creature. Where can I sign up?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
wow i did not know ppl wher serious about that

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Are chupacabras real? Here is someone who doesnt think so...

there's no such thing as the Chupacabra, goddamit

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
not all chupere reports have only blood missing.
sometimes eyes, jaws, legs, or buttox are missing in action as well, leaving more than a "the chupecabras did it" theory. perhaps chupee does suck blood for nurishment, but also will eat some parts of its victim when really hungry...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just saw a tv show, coincidently, called "Un-Ex" which attempts to unearth certain mysteries. This show featured the chupacabra incidents in Puerto Rico. Pretty interesting stuff, as all of the locals are afraid of it, except for the few that think it's a monkey.

join