It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity Has Failed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Bothersome is much too strong a term.

I quite see where you're coming from. I can't say I disagree with you, because I really don't. I just think you need to look at the other side of the coin.

How do you know the "dark", if there isn't something to contrast it to? Obviously you see good, as well. Don't let the bad stuff that happens weigh you down, my friend.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I know when I see something that is wrong. Saying you have to see good in order to contrast against evil is not IMO actually true. Every being in the universe knows right from wrong, how they apply their own mental justifications as to why something is right or wrong or make justifications on converting one to another, is another story .

The truth is I have a habit of turning everything in life into boolean logic (true / false | black / white). If you look at the world in that light things become a lot clearer.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

A few sparks? It only takes one to light a candle. It only takes one to light a warming fire.

Until someone at the top of the heap writes new rules proscribing the lighting of candles or offering warming fires to those in need and the people abide by the new "rules". Abiding by the rules of evil greedy rulers is what will destroy us.

Example:

Feeding The Homeless BANNED In Major Cities All Over America

By Michael Snyder, on March 21st, 2012

Sometimes a well-timed sandwich or a cup of warm soup can make a world of difference for a homeless person. But many U.S. cities have decided that feeding the homeless is such a threat that they had better devote law enforcement resources to making sure that it doesn't happen.

This is so twisted. In America today, you need a "permit" to do almost anything. We are supposed to be a land of liberty and freedom, but these days government bureaucrats have turned our rights into "privileges" that they can revoke at any time.
theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

...and yet, people do it anyway.

I do. ...and let my municipality do something to me. It won't change me any. I'll pay the ticket, or fine, do my two months in the hoosgow...whatever. ...and if I can help someone, I will.

My nature is mine. No one elses. ...and no one, this side of death, is going to prevent me from doing what's right.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by frazzle

...and yet, people do it anyway.

I do. ...and let my municipality do something to me. It won't change me any. I'll pay the ticket, or fine, do my two months in the hoosgow...whatever. ...and if I can help someone, I will.

My nature is mine. No one elses. ...and no one, this side of death, is going to prevent me from doing what's right.

Yes, people do it anyway.

But while you're paying fines and doing your two month stint as a reward for the goodness of your heart, those who retain the rulemaking power in those 70 named cities will go right on writing more and more draconian rules. THEY are the ones most deserving of a two month stint in jail just for their sheer lunacy. Unfortunately, the residents of those cities don't even know who the hell it is that's writing the rules, much less have the gumption to ride them out of town on a rail.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

That is very true.

Many don't. The one's who do? All too many of them are too complacent to do anything. Until it pinches, they won't care...

I'm not really disagreeing with you about the issue... Though it may seem like it. I just disagree that it's beyond salvage...though I'll admit to wondering occasionally.

It's an article of faith with me, that eventually people, as a whole, will figure it out and do something about it. The riding 'em out on a rail has a certain appeal to it. So, too, does the tried and true tarring and feathering...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Humanity has succeeded.

People have failed.

2 cents

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by frazzle

That is very true.

Many don't. The one's who do? All too many of them are too complacent to do anything. Until it pinches, they won't care...

I'm not really disagreeing with you about the issue... Though it may seem like it. I just disagree that it's beyond salvage...though I'll admit to wondering occasionally.

It's an article of faith with me, that eventually people, as a whole, will figure it out and do something about it. The riding 'em out on a rail has a certain appeal to it. So, too, does the tried and true tarring and feathering...

No, I apologize if my words seemed argumentative, that wasn't my intent at all. And I agree that it isn't beyond salvaging except for the fact that we keep looking for "in the box" solutions and obviously that's a losing proposition.

I especially recall the words of one lady from Texas a few years ago who put it this way, "Last year I was helping out at a homeless shelter and this year I'm living in one." Its just another reminder of Jefferson's warning about waking up homeless in the land our forefathers won for us.

Not to derail the intent of the thread, but I'll again throw out some out of the box thinking and suggest establishing local currencies to rebuild local economies and provide a form of buying power for the people where it counts the most ~ at home. The main opponent of setting these alternatives up, however, is the Chambers of Commerce who discourages local businesses from doing business with anything but the dollar. That, all by itself, should be a big clue about who the rule makers are.

www.time.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Part of the problem is humanities fear of standing up to change things on all levels.

It is at times very difficult to embrace change because it means we need to be responsible for the change we want to see.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KineticX

Any intelligent being understands that it's growing pains for a primitive species. All species that are more advanced then the human race went through it themselves. That's why god gives up on nobody. That's not to say he won't try to teach you a lesson. Even if that means hurting you where it hurts. Such is life.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: KineticX

I am brand new here, so be gentle with me, as they say. It is my first post, and I am replying to yours, KineticX, where you say that humanity has failed. It is a big topic, a massive subject, a nebulous area, and yet I cannot help but agree with you -- in the main. What a sad lot we are as a species. Parts of us are rotten to the core. Other parts are seething with malevolence. Some parts are decaying, almost beyond redemption. As for visiting museums and art galleries . . . I understand what other posters are saying. For instance I went into McCafe today for my usual coffee and a read of my book in my favourite corner, and I came across a young woman from Sweden, no more than 20 or so, who was drawing in the corner at her table. I pretended to look out the window, and as I did so I glanced down at what she was drawing. Oh my God! To see such exquisite craftsmanship right under my nose. This thing of beauty -- a sketch in charcoal of an old lady, a close up of her profile as she looked out of her cottage window, a certain troubled expression rippling across her leathery face, her wizened eyes glistening with the moisture of concern. Was she waiting for her son or daughter? Was her husband at sea, captain of a fishing trawler, perhaps? Was she reminiscing about dim and distant times, when youth was her companion? What had this Swedish artist captured at that moment, in charcoal, on that paper? Such exquisite artistry -- a moment in time frozen for eternity, for us to enjoy whenever we please. A thing of beauty. As I walked away with my latte shaking in my hand, heading into my habitual corner, to read my biography on Edgar Allan Poe, my heart was still pounding from the sheer delight of that young woman's drawing. On another topic, in 1992 in London I went to see a psychic medium by the name of Don Galloway. Don died about a year ago after a long illness. He was one of the most brilliant natural psychics in Britain. No one in his right mind can dispute this. Anyway, I went to see Don one morning in the spring of 1992. He didn't know anything about me, not even my first name. All he had was "ten o'clock appointment." Within two minutes of sitting down, Don told me that my mother was there. (She died 30 years previously, but he couldn't have known this because I hadn't told him a word about my life.) He then said: "Ah, she is with your father. They're both here." (The hairs on my neck stood to attention.) My father died 25 years ago. He then told me things that only I would have known. He even told me about my Uncle Peter, whom I had never met. He told me not only how he died (in a submarine in the English Channel) but WHEN he died. Don then told me something so private, so personal and shockingly intimate that I almost fell out my comfortable armchair. No one, absolutely no one, knew about this -- especially a stranger in North London, a man whom I had only just met. I left that appointment floating on air, with a heightened sense of mankind's sheer brilliance and creativity. Has mankind 'failed'? Let me put it this way. I believe, with hand on heart, that mankind per se has not failed, but that our species has been corrupted by the Alpha Draconis warriors, those psychopathic, narcissistic beasts who prey upon our souls, who pollute our very existence, and only when they either become fed up with us and leave, or when some other alien species of a more benevolent nature take over this plant, will we have peace on this blighted rock we call Earth. No one in his right mind can say that we are being elevated as species. No, we are deteriorating in our madness and our collective insanity. I believe that the Alpha Draconis warriors, heartless souls, are dragging us down a little more each day. But, and it is a big but, remember the likes of the Swedish artist and English psychic medium Don Galloway. These, and people like them, are our lights in this often dark world of rottenness and corruption. We need souls like these more than ever. Good post, KineticX. You stimulated my imagination and gave me great pleasure. It was a joy to read your words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join