It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover What's Killing the Bees and it's Worse than You Thought

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Here is some new research on this problem. It seems that they don't test stuff on wild bees, only the honey bees that are tame.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Wow great find and thanks for sharing this information.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
How could it be worse than I thought when I don't put any limits on how bad things could possibly be when I think about how bad something might be? I'm a cynic. I usually go straight to the worst case scenario. If I can think of it, I usually assume it's not impossible.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Here is some new research on this problem. It seems that they don't test stuff on wild bees, only the honey bees that are tame.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Good find, it's great that science is starting to study pollinators outside of domesticated honey bees. Around 3 years ago there was this statement:

"When you look at what's out there in the public press, the implication is that pollinators are all under threat, that there's some kind of mysterious decline across the board," says Sam Droege, a biologist at U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) Patuxent Wildlife Research Center. "The problem is, there's really no data to show that either way."

Now with your source we know that there is a negative impact on wild bees (and probably everything else in the spectrum):

For the first time, a research project has investigated how a neonicotinoid pesticide, clothianidin, affects both honeybees and wild bees in an agricultural landscape. The study shows that honeybees can cope with exposure to the pesticide, but that it has a strong negative impact on wild bees.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
Not if TTIP goes through. The corp. won't be responsible then,and there is nothing anyone can do. The bees will just have to die and don't worry,we will have our GMO crops that won't need to be fertilized. Yeah right.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Maybe it is the intent of the big businesses, that are trying to take control of our food, to kill off the natural bees so we are dependent on what they control. Pretty soon Monsanto will be creating a genetically modified bee that they will patent and it will need to be replaced every generation because it won't be able to reproduce. It will be able to withstand the chemicals it creates.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
reply to post by Realtruth

And to combat the issue companies will build a GMO Bee to be resistant to the pesticides.

Right?

Why worry nothing could go wrong there right?

Hahaaahahaha oh my, a thousand stars to you.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Bee Keepers will tell you that bees will NOT make hives near cell phone towers or heavy EM fields.

It's time for a study to see if cell towers are interfering with the natural progression of bees. It's pretty clear that when bees won't make any hives around towers, that these could be the culprit.

IF they can't make hives, they die off because the colony has no where to setup.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join