It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The List of "No" votes on the NSA Spying Bill (Amash Amendment).

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Everyone on that list deserves to be put to death,, They have all enriched themselves with our money, and then spit right back in everyone's face with this traitorous garbage .. Boehner should die first by electrocution... Fire up old sparky

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Well you created your own little fantasy of my purported negativity to knock down then didn't you? Too bad KelliOnyx was the one who put forth birth control as her more defining issue in a thread where we were discussing the NSA spying on all of us.

So yes those were the issues I addressed in response to her post.

So yes again, good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Really??? Are we debating which is more important,.. free birth control or liberty??

God help us.

No. They're debating the fact that private citizens must give up something for something else. And that's BS! The only answer is DON'T VOTE!

If voting means losing either way, then a message must be sent.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Bachmann, Boehner, Cantor, Ryan. All nays. Republican leadership

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Sadly it is you that created your little fantasy, just like the good little Conservative you are. No where did I say anything about free birth control at all, you assumed that and made an ass out of yourself while trying to make one of me. The fact is yes I unfortunately have to choose which is worse having some self-righteous religious zealot legislating what goes on in my body. Including whether or not I will be able to get a prescribed medication for a condition that could very well result in me losing ovaries or even my life. So please go back turn on Rush and get some more indoctrination so next time I post something you can jump all over your buzz words for the day and ignore the content of what is being said.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Awesome. Thanks Ron Barber. Thank you for nothing.

I do wonder what was said to all of them in the members only meeting? Can you even imagine?

I sent Ron Barber this message two weeks ago through the .gov site. Not even an automated response email in return. Oh, but it did get me signed up to his mailing list. *yeah thanks, I'll pass buddy*

"You are a public servant in my district, I demand you roll back the FISA Court and begin proceedings to amend the Patriot Act.

I for one can not stand idly by any longer as the rights and voices of "We The People" are slowly, meiotically but surely squashed in the name of "safety" when the reality is widely known it's in the name of hidden agendas, greed and government corruption. I'm sick of politicians, I'm sick of nothing REAL ever being accomplished or fixed and I'm sick of this polyarchy. The People should have our voices heard, we should be controlling the governments; not the other way around. My vote means nothing, with the way politics and lobbying are now.

With this being said, I am following the proper channels that my Country has provided to me and exercising my right as an American to have my voice heard. Although I'm sure this will just be scanned over and deleted by one of your employees as they chuckle.

I will close with this: We can not and will not be ignored forever.

Sincerely, to the core of my being,
~*Insert my real name here*"

Guess he didn't read my email.

Oh, and screw all the others too.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

So please offer some advice on this one. Should I choose to go with the one that wants to take my birth control away, which will have serious complications to my reproductive health? Or should I vote for the one that gets their kicks listening to my rather uninteresting phone calls and internet usage?
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Birth Control?....There is a very easy fix for that.

Your Liberty?...It's a hell of a lot more than phone and internet usage.

If it were me...I would put my civil rights before my reproductive health.

But, that's just my opinion.

Really and what fix is there for that good sir?

Oh that is right just like the other morons that are blasting me, you assumed it was for sex.
Sorry no it is not.

So what you are telling us you would be ok having your testicles removed when they need not be? I don't like the idea of the Government spying on people anymore than you do. But I do have other concerns to think about and one of the two parties has decided to put my personal health at risk to make the religious whack jobs happy.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Kuster got voted in by a bunch of "end the wars" and "kill the patriot act" people here.

Rather than put their energy behind the libertarian they voted for this woman who hadnt paid her taxes for years and lives on the dole in a mansion on a state university campus.

And look, she loves NSA spying. Shocking.

Im sure if any of her suporters had a brain theyd be pretty bummed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Originally posted by whyamIhere

So please offer some advice on this one. Should I choose to go with the one that wants to take my birth control away, which will have serious complications to my reproductive health? Or should I vote for the one that gets their kicks listening to my rather uninteresting phone calls and internet usage?

Birth Control?....There is a very easy fix for that.

Your Liberty?...It's a hell of a lot more than phone and internet usage.

If it were me...I would put my civil rights before my reproductive health.

But, that's just my opinion.

Really and what fix is there for that good sir?

Oh that is right just like the other morons that are blasting me, you assumed it was for sex.
Sorry no it is not.

So what you are telling us you would be ok having your testicles removed when they need not be? I don't like the idea of the Government spying on people anymore than you do. But I do have other concerns to think about and one of the two parties has decided to put my personal health at risk to make the religious whack jobs happy.

How dare I assume that "Birth Control" was to control birth.

Now you are the one assuming. Assuming because we don't want to pay for your Birth Control.

That we are "Religious Whack jobs". At least you get your exercise...Jumping to conclusions.

Sheesh...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Where did I say I wanted you to pay for it? The fact of it is to vote for anyone that is on board with the Republican anti-abortion agenda, will be in many cases by default be passing legislation that outright bans hormonal birth control altogether. So the prescription I have to use now will in fact be illegal under these laws. It is not as simple as oh this one voted this way on this issue, so I just have to vote the other way. Maybe if we had other choices that were not hellbent on turning back the clock on these types of issues it could be that way, but the fact is it isn't. And isn't looking to be that way for the foreseeable future. So yes the religious whackjobs are once again holding the country hostage because they are more concerned with imposing their vision of morality on everyone else. When smaller Government starts meaning you will not be putting a microscope on my vagina, then I will be able to consider whatever it is you have to say about other issues. Until then I have to vote for the person that is the least dangerous to my health first. As long as I am alive and healthy, I may get to see the day a better alternative comes around, until then it's just a matter of staying that way.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Where did I say I wanted you to pay for it? The fact of it is to vote for anyone that is on board with the Republican anti-abortion agenda, will be in many cases by default be passing legislation that outright bans hormonal birth control altogether. So the prescription I have to use now will in fact be illegal under these laws. It is not as simple as oh this one voted this way on this issue, so I just have to vote the other way. Maybe if we had other choices that were not hellbent on turning back the clock on these types of issues it could be that way, but the fact is it isn't. And isn't looking to be that way for the foreseeable future. So yes the religious whackjobs are once again holding the country hostage because they are more concerned with imposing their vision of morality on everyone else. When smaller Government starts meaning you will not be putting a microscope on my vagina, then I will be able to consider whatever it is you have to say about other issues. Until then I have to vote for the person that is the least dangerous to my health first. As long as I am alive and healthy, I may get to see the day a better alternative comes around, until then it's just a matter of staying that way.

Sorry about misquoting you about paying for your B/C.

I do understand if you are not alive to enjoy your Liberty. It is kind of worthless.

I guess I just do not understand your medical issues. I hope you get care.

My point is, we can have both. I don't see why either one of us should give up our rights.

I will fight for your's....I would appreciate it if you fought for mine.

You see, they are just dividing us. Mostly by name calling. We are falling for it.

We need to come together. The America I live in would deny nobody life saving Healthcare.

The America I want to live in would not spy on it's citizenry. That is a fundamental right.

I want to come together as Americans. We can disagree. We should try not to label each other.
edit on 25-7-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is part of the reason i don't even post here that much anymore, because this website has been overrun with people who don't know right from wrong. NOBODY proposed legislation to ban birth control, at all. The whole "taking my birth control away" fantasy was created by the left when republicans didn't like the idea of forcing insurance companies to provide contraceptives under a given plan. The patient protection and affordable care act mandates all insurance provided by employers and educational institutions, regardless of religious affiliation, include free birth control for women. The government should NEVER tell a business, whether it be a store or insurance company, that they HAVE to do something. That is not a free market. Of course i'm old enough to know we haven't had that in god knows how long. Sandra fluke's ridiculous argument of $3,000 is way overshot as well. You can obtain your medication for under $15 a month if you take the time to look.

There is absolutely no "birth control crisis" and nobody is proposing legislating your body away. It only looks that way because everything was working fine, and then the democrats proposed an alternative (forcing someone to provide it for free) then certain people said, "no, the government shouldn't be babying everyone by providing damn near everything for them" and then the uproar ensued. This was a non issue, a total non issue before the 2012 election. My other half was perfectly able to afford birth control with no problem whatsoever. In fact, just for laughs she was actually furious when she heard they were going to provide it for free. Why? You have to be willing to look past your own desires and see that it is a control issue. It's about government expanding itself even bigger, now into your healthcare. People don't follow the paper trail back to washington. They don't realize that pretty soon, if we keep brushing this off the government will have damn near total control over everything. Your healthcare, the medicine you take, the food you buy, the water you drink, the air you breathe.

It's not an issue of taking something away, it's an issue of your sovereignty to make a choice. None of what i said is to be taken personally at all. I believe you've been mislead by the propaganda put forth by the media. Whether it be the internet or TV, believe me it can sound very convincing.

Anyway, it's disappointing to see stutzman on that list. I really thought he was better than that.
edit on 7/25/2013 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Jack,

That is how they are scaring her.

She needs healthcare and the President scared the hell out of people.

He is just dividing us. As long as we are split 50/50 Obama can do what he wants.

Thanks for putting that into words so even I can understand it...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
SO GUYS,
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT THIS? WHATS THE NEXT STEP?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

No it has nothing to do with being scared. It has to do with you not actually knowing what you are talking about. Large chunks of all the recent anti-abortion legislation that has been floating around will in fact make most forms of hormonal birth control illegal. This is because it is so broadly written and designed to promote fetal personhood that it will be so.

This has nothing to do with who pays for it or doesn't, I have been fortunate enough to have a large part of it covered under my insurance and when I was younger and didn't have insurance I went to Planned Parenthood conservatives other favorite target. That was the whole point of my initial post, deciding who should be in office is not as simple of well I don't like this just get them out of there for most people. There are a broad range of other issues most people have to contend with. Would I like to put my Representative on the unemployment rolls for voting this way? Hell yeah I would but currently the alternative candidate is going to be far worse. Maybe we will get lucky and she gets a good primary challenger, but other than that I can't afford to vote for someone that is going to vote the current conservative party line it is that simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You're exactly right. It's a tactic that politicians love to use, fear. People will always be on their toes when they fear something and they know that. When a person is afraid, their mind focuses on a way to escape that fear. This mindset gives you a clear path to put whatever information you want into their head.

I was just talking about Edward Snowden the other day with someone, a friend, and she didn't even know who he was. It made me think of how messed up things really are. We have people glued to the TV, watching for the royal baby, or their favorite primetime show. They're fighting with each other over a justified killing in self defense. We have a president inciting a race war with inflammatory comments. We have young people who are being brought up in an entitlement society. Their minds are built around comfort. They're built around mass media, and the images of this is what you should do to be cool. They let someone else do the thinking for them. They have no interest in government at all. Nobody bothers to learn about history anymore, or what it means to take pride in anything.

Here you have a guy that gave up $200,000 a year, his family, his girlfriend, basically his life to warn people about what was happening. The media reported on it but in a fashion of "oh this isn't really a big deal". What he shared with us is far bigger than anything TV or a celebrity could ever bring to us. So how did people react? "Oh well that's government CIA stuff, that's boring." I have other important things to do. I feel sorry for the guy because essentially nothing has changed. We were hit with a huge warning about what was happening and this is how the people honor that? By doing nothing?

I know it's been said a lot here but unless people actually get involved in their government, the future does not look very bright at all. I've seen the ugly side of governments around the world and i do all i can every day to teach people about it. Some of the things i've seen i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. In the end, information and the truth is the best weapon and right now our people are being denied that.

edit on 7/25/2013 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thanks for this list !! I'm one of the folks that asked for such a list in a couple of threads cus I didn't know where to find it.

As for those who did not vote - COWARDS - they are just as bad as those who voted No IMO.

Let the WAR begin.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff
SO GUYS,
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT THIS? WHATS THE NEXT STEP?

I say we print up the list and put it on YouTube, flyers and posters around town etc. Talk about this list at your church and other meeting places.

Tell these JackWagons they are traitors to We The People and that we don't want them to represent us any more. Personally I'd like to see them all in Prison for the traitors they are - at the very least if we cannot give them a fireing squad - no better yet

Take a cue from the Cartels - Publicly - Off with their heads - just like you see for real on bestgore dot com.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

but other than that I can't afford to vote for someone that is going to vote the current conservative party line it is that simple.

You can vote whichever way you want to, but in the end you will have a Neocon as President, as we have today.

When we get into the facts of it all, its Bills like this that are being implemented under Obama and his Administration. Its a truth many dont want to hear.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Condoms are pretty cheap.

A Mirena only costs a few hundred bucks and will last 5 years. It also doubles as a IUD. I think that's a pretty good deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join