It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Lies Beat Truth? How Much Power Does The Truth Have?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You might have a better example.

There was a maths problem in a text book. The teacher taught us and I was able to solve the problem under my own steam without cheating. But also in the back of the book were the answers.

Well I came across a female who had the same maths class but later I think. She new she had to solve the same problem. I gave her the answer but she outright didn't believe me. She didn't believe that I had solved the problem under my own steam and also she had an older textbook, her textbook didn't have the answers in the back and by that time I didn't have my textbook on me, she also didn't believe that my textbook had the answers in the back.

I was only trying to help her. She got quite nasty when she didn't believe.

Here's another example. I'm a Rockstar. I cameo in the lyrics of many famous musicians works from 2001 - 2009. I spoke some things. These things were converted into songs word for word action for action. From RHCP to Linkin Park, i'm written forever in the lyrics. Someone paid millions.

I get nothing but nasty or cookoo or he's skits and that i'm not right and no one believes the truth.

So do lies beat the truth. Does darkness overwhelm light so to speak. If I tell the truth and no one believes what does that mean?

What should you do if/when no one believes you?

Another example I read on the net that I believe is that a 16 year old driver was in a parked car and got run into by a Grandma. The Grandma blamed the kid and the kid ended up having to pay for the accident. This was because the Grandma was a more credible witness.

So really at the moment all I can manage to see is that lying is greater than telling the truth and that everybody lies and that it's very hard to believe/discover the truth if you ever will actually believe it at all.

Conspiracies can never be solved as the truth can never be believed.

So really what is the power of truth. I'm pretty much a liar as well in small ways about various things.

The bible and science are a couple sources that seems to hold truth to very high esteem and propounds the truth's power.

People generate lies continuously and this kills the truth.

But what other tools do you need to believe when the time comes?

What other checks and balances can we use? Are these balances what deceive us.

It's better not to believe anything at all than to believe a lie.

See I am a Rockstar with about 10-15 major top 10 or top 20 hits under my belt. This is the truth. Yet no one believes me.

The TRUTH fails again and again. The more exotic the truth the greater the darkness.

Who will help me? No one cares. If truth fails then love fails and love isn't even a viable path in life.

Love can be wiped easy enough.

I want to talk more about the truth. You see I have trouble with people believing a lie instead of what I tell them and being insulted and gravely wounded for telling what I speak and claiming it as truth and knowing it is.

It's you who don't believe the truth it's not my fault at telling it. I have told it many times at the best and absolute of my ability. It is you and your thinking that is at fault. You can't spot the truth in what i'm saying and how will you ever really achieve anything in regards to the truth.

This is the greatest conspiracy of your time. You believe the lie. You believe something other than the truth and you are slowly killing me and torturing me and it's your fault not mine. I am innocent here.

So really the truth has no power when no one believes it. The truth has the possibility of being lost forever and never being rediscovered.

It is you and your beliefs that make the truth powerless. You insult the truth and harm it actually harming yourselves.

SO what are you going to do to believe me and the truth I speak.

This is the most important conspiracy of this century.

I speak the truth. It is on your heads for not believing and not taking action.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The power of truth can change a human, it can humble them and make them grow, it can inspire fear, desire, passion.

Lies can only build more lies. A lie stemming from a lie can only inspire false emotions, once the lie is brought to truth a man can only feel remorse, shame and belittlement in the scope of truth.

You mention darkness overpowering light, what's wrong with this? If satan was the lightbringer, then does that mean Michael is the prince of darkness?

There is nothing inherently wrong with darkness, it's those that bring lies to light and continue building upon lies that are wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Pespi Challenge; most often, people will choose fantasy over reality.

People overwhelmingly claim to hate lies, but, in practice from a general perspective, they hate the truth more.

This isn't true of all things and all people.
It is, however, one of the reasons conspiracy theories and fringe topics become so popular. Some people are far more willing to embrace Aliens from outer space than the chance they were mistaken and freaked out over Venus, or some other misidentified known events or phenomenon.

Everyone LIes.
Everyone Lies to themselves too.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by leeda

You might have a better example.

This is the most important conspiracy of this century.

Philosophy is greater than lies.

For instance, the current era of lies that we are in right now
is only for a hundred years, and those years have almost run out.
In the context of the history of the world, it is nothing, a blink of the eye.

See how Philosophy can put something into perspective
and sometimes even restore a little.

So why are lies on top right now?
That is the question that I find interesting.

If I tell you, will you believe me?

Could it be that for the entire history of the world up until
the moment Jesus was crucified that money was about sex?
And then money became about food, and truth was on top at last.

That these past 96 years have been about the reemergence of
money = sex, and suddenly farmers and land owners are not
so rich any more. While everyone claims to know what the
truth is, yet the truth steadily dies, and loses out to lies.

It's the last gasp of the great deception.

Mike

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
In Sumeria there are two temples. The Men's Temple and the Women's Temple. The Men's Temple would be recognizable as a military headed by the king. The Women's temple, on the other hand, has been outlawed by so-called civilization.

Warning: This covers too many topics in too small a space, for me to care how little evidence I present for the following facts. Hopefully this sentence was egotistical, and hard headed enough to ring the bells of warning and put the reader on an attack footing.

A woman who wished to join the women's temple could not do so if they were a virgin. They would apprentice to the temple and when deemed ready would be given a gold coin with a picture of the king on it. That woman would then go outside the temple, sit down on the temple steps, and place the coin on the step next to her. Any man passing buy could take her inside and earn that coin by deflowering her. After that she is a full member of the Women's temple.

Notice here how the precedent is set for the entire history of western civilization. First one gets paid to do it, then one has to pay for it, for ever after. At first, so-called prostitution was paid for by the women. The king would occasionally go around and do gratis work. Eventually the King decided that any woman to be married was worthy of being in the Women's temple and he would visit her at night before her wedding. From this we have the ancient tradition of Prima Nocta. It was felt to be a compliment and a promotion. No payment necessary.

But forever after the payment goes the other way. It is interesting that round coinage (with a face) was invented to facilitate deflowering virgins in a holy capacity. Eventually the public grew weary of the king and his "favors" and cried out to the gods for deliverance as recorded in The Epic of Gilgamesh.

But notice the history of western Civilization.

Pythagoras, paid his student three oboli for each lesson he attended. But after a while he noticed they got over their initial reluctance and really got into it. He is attested to have commented that "eventually one day people would gladly pay to learn." See he thought math and geometry was cool, but no one was interested. So at first he had to pay the sons of nobles to learn the new math. Now we have to pay to be taught. As he predicted.

King Solomon had to pay to have the Temple built, but now church goers donate, not the ruler, and some of that goes to upkeep and occasionally building a new Church.

Bill Gates had to pay Computer Manufacturers to ship with windows installed. So a computer actually cost less with windows on it. In the early days anyway. We pay now.

The origin of Prostitution is what defines and permeates western culture.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
too thine own self,be true.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Truth depends on which side of the fence you are standing.

People lie for allot of different reasons.

I have read that women lie on an average of 1-5 times a day and that men lie on an average of 5-9 times a day.

Judge Judy insists that you can tell when a teenager is lying. .. . They move their mouth.

People lie to protect, people like to impress, people lie to evade criminal prosecution.

Most people will construe someone who brags as a liar simply because they think the person is making stuff up just to impress someone.

The best way to fix that it to show them pictures to prove it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

So do lies beat the truth.

No. Both get found out. Its easier to lie and harder to remember that lie later. Thats why stories change and thats how you uncover liars. If you tell the truth you sleep better than liars do. Liars worry about getting caught.

Does darkness overwhelm light so to speak?

No. Darkness is the absence of light. Darkness hides, light shines.

If I tell the truth and no one believes what does that mean?

You know in your heart you told the truth, thats whats important. Not what others think.

What should you do if/when no one believes you?

Shrug. Liars have to convince others with a lot of talk, not honest people.

"People, don't lie. Don't lie. Cause you can't remember s*** you said yesterday." ---Whoopi Goldberg

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

What we do in life, echos thru eternity !

That is to say everything we do on this earth, in this world,
with this life, is remembered by God.
Some would call it a hall of records and some believe there
is memory in the fabric of the unverse itself.
Now if one of these three is the case ? It would make perfect
sense to me, that words used to form the annunciation of a
truth, are going to carry a lot more wieght and hold much
more power. Words that describe an event accurately
are on record with everything that happens. While lies die with
those who tell them, having no foundation in reality.
So when all is said and done lies are just meaningless drivel.
No one remembers the lie or the liar.

That's what I think.

edit on 21-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Nice guys finish last, man.
This is true.
I see it all the time. From the scumbag business owner who makes millions for simply being willing to cheat people out of a nickle if it means an advantage to the guy who cares for a woman who is running around behind his back.

I don't know how to explain it, but it is true that everyone lies.
Maybe people are geared for it because the idea of cheating is seductive?

You gave two examples, a pretentious student who had judged you as someone below her in terms of intelligence, and thieves who stole your intellectual property. The former is just a bitter person being a jerk, but the latter are clear evidence that lies hold much more value materialistically here on Earth.

As a species we are wicked.
Isn't it Buddhist philosophy that teaches it is the good people of this Earth that are meant to suffer?
You can take comfort in that and accept it as your lot, or you can change it.

Sorry about your songs.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I believe you because I trust what another says unless they give me reason not to. People who are not suspicious of others motives ; with schemes in place that disregard anything that falls outside of those tend to be more approachable and are usually more honest than not.

I believe we all lie to some extent (even if that looks like denial or displacement). I also believe you can tell a lot about a person based on their responses to you. This strange one who thought you were trying to give her incorrect answers to be evil and see her fail - either has mental health issues deeply rooted in severe mistrust of anyone or she is evil herself and does this sort of things to people - sabotoges them. Think of the cheating partner. When they start accusing you out of the blue for no reason you can think of, it's usually either that they are guilty of something themselves or extremely insecure.

Detectives love it when people communicate because that tells them volumes about the persons guilt or innocence. The truth will set you free means a lot - because when we get close to end of life most hope to transcend (have proufound peace/ spirit meets physical and integrates. If you have baggage conscious or not, that transcendence becomes less likely.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Some people are far more willing to embrace Aliens from outer space than the chance they were mistaken and freaked out over Venus, or some other misidentified known events or phenomenon.

I saw a ufo hovering over me and it wasn't Venus. That's the truth!
When was the last time you told a lie, or is a mistruth a more better term for twisting reality to make it conform to a desired view.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The truth is offensive to liars,it threatens their only power to obfiscate things as they would want it. I'm not talking about a mistake I am talking about a decision to deny on the basis of conveniance.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wow, what an interesting variety of answers so far.

BTW, JAYinAR, Buddhism teaches that all life is suffering. It's not just that way for the good but everyone, however who gets the worst of it I'm sure is open for discussion.

Anyway, the way you are using Truth in this post is kinda broad and I'm not so sure I get what you're asking. I tend to think of Truth in a couple ways. There is the Objective or Absolute Truth and the Subjective or Relative Truth. Objectively it is said that Truth represents "what is" Relatively the Truth is "what is" depending on who you ask.

For example, two people that witness the same even from two different perspectives will each have a different "truth" as to what actually happened and both of them would in fact be telling the truth, relatively speaking. There is however the Objective Truth of that same event which isn't dependent upon any single perspective which is also true and may also differ from the other two.

This is still just the start of this topic and it can get much more complicated if you keep it going but I'll stop here. Is this what you were asking or did I not understand you question??

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

The difference between objective and subjective truth is a great distinction.

Reminds me of Cloud Atlas.

"Truth is singular. It's different versions are mistruths."

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by mOjOm

The difference between objective and subjective truth is a great distinction.

Reminds me of Cloud Atlas.

"Truth is singular. It's different versions are mistruths."

I kinda like that quote. It sums it up quite nice by using "mistruth" rather than "lies". Relative "Truth" could be considered more properly as a "mistruth" of the objective Truth while still not exactly considering it to be False.

How very clever....

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A house of lies is built upon a weak foundation and is ready to fall at a moments notice.

Truth is something we strive for and over time learn to speak.

Most old people tell the truth (what they believe that day anyway) because they can not remember a lie....or I can't so I try to speak straight and tell no lies......Most women I have ever been with could remember what I said on Thursday at 15:00 hrs 2 years ago so I learned many years ago to always speak from the heart's truth and let the chips fall where they may......It is an Individual choice...

I grew up with sayings like, "You are born with one thing of value and that is your name; the day you dishonor your name is the day your life has no worth, or meaning". Eastern thought.... and it works in a village..... but now it seems the crooks just move to another city or state and start over again or go to work for the_______ ??
edit on 21-7-2013 by 727Sky because: ......

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
A house of lies is built upon a weak foundation and is ready to fall at a moments notice.

I often wonder just how "true" statements like these really are. After all as you also pointed out, the criminal members of our society seem to be able to continuously build their "house of lies" without being held responsible for if and when they do fall. I say "if" because I have no doubt that there are many a house which was built upon weak foundation that have stood for a very long time.

Even worse is the fact that I also have no doubt that there have been many a house built upon a strong foundation which has fallen.

They say "Truth" can stand on it's own. I do believe this to be correct since that which is true needs no other support other than itself to validate it. However, that doesn't mean that a "Lie" which is given the proper support will not also stand. It just may not be able to stand on it's own.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Expect no truth from someone that says " I never lie ".

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Because evil people who love to lie is in power.

Our current system favors people who lie best like people who make empty promises, people who flatter, habitual liars.

People who lie gets the job, gets promoted, gets the girl.

Most people would rather love to hear lies than the truth, they don't like people telling them they're out of shape or their business is in trouble in front of other people...

They want the truth in secret because usually, the truth hurts and no one wants to get hurt. "Ignorance is bliss" they say!

Lies winning over the truth is not some conspiracy thing. It's just a terrible aspect of human nature only few struggle against. Most people just like to "go with the flow" don't care if that will kill them later on.
edit on 22-7-2013 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join