It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should our leaders address an 'Anger' problem with our youth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I watched the Zimmerman trial and the talking heads on every news channel, even our President had to have his say.

And yet, not one person is addressing a real problem with today's youth, as was shown by the violence that TM showed that fateful day.

It is this:
Why do kids now a days thrive on such anger??? Why?
What sparks it?
Does it make them feel good?
Do they think that every one is out to get them?
Are they on something to make them act crazy? [Which is another issue nobody is addressing]

I understand that environment and social surroundings play a large part.
But I ask, should our leaders/peers be addressing the issue at hand which is the amount of violence that young people today seem to have pleasure inflicting on others?

Heck, they even record fights and post on you-tube for the world to see while their friends cheer them on.

Maybe it is a mental health issue, which goes back to lack of mental care.
But in young kids? Where are their peers to help guide them and teach them that it is not right to beat up people?

Is there not any thing that can be done about it??

Mr.President, since you threw yourself into the trial when it wasn't really necessary, how about making a speech to tell the young people that they need to control their anger and stop fighting.

**Stop The Violence**

Until people start talking about this, nothing will change.
And this has nothing to do with race, but an Anger issue with all young folks that resort to violence.
[may apply to adults as well]

edit on 20-7-2013 by snarky412 because: changed 'Why' to 'Should' in title......

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Its instilled in them via years of violent television programs. Where else would they learn such things?

Dont blame them for what we made them! And we did do it because we FAILED to address the bleedin obvious.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Its instilled in them via years of violent television programs. Where else would they learn such things?

Dont blame them for what we made them! And we did do it because we FAILED to address the bleedin obvious.

I don't blame them.
I blame the peers that should be teaching them.
Of course, a 17 yr. old should know right from wrong.............should.

If the president can inject his thoughts on a trial that was blown out of proportion thanks to the MSM, why he could have gone one step further to address the violence, such as TM displayed.
Not only about race.

Less violence=Less deaths

edit on 20-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Why won't our leaders address what?

You've already got them teaching your kids ... now you want them to raise them? I think the more important question is "Why are there so many horrible parents these days?" or "Why don't more parents spend time with their kids?"

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have
no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all
restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes
for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are
forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress."

Both of the above ( controversially ) are credited to either Socrates or Plato.

Another from Plato that seems uncannily written about today.

Point is... There is nothing new under the sun - just new people who have yet to see it.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I run a local forum where I live, and I'll be posting that for all the miseries who spend all their time moaning about the kids.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What if I told you there were measures implemented in the United States long before you and I were thought of.

We've got media targeting issues for the sole purpose of generating anger and emotion.

We've got music even if it barely qualifies as music, check out 440hz for the conspiracy version.

We've been eating shadows of food for quite some time, those that purchase fast food are perpetuating this trend.

We've been consuming herbicides, pesticides, petroleum, you name it, we're stuffing down our gullets.

We've lost morality on television, we expose our youth to far greater degrees of sexuality.

We imprison violent offenders around other violent offenders, violence breeds violence and requires treatment and rehabilitation, not further violence.

We segregate classrooms based on perceived intelligence.

The solution for angry youth is to surround them with nonviolent peaceful members of society, the children are our future and should be treated as a world investment starting with parents. It is up to you and me, the parents for instilling values that we hold dear and subverting unmitigated violence.

As an American born in Korea, I was told I should respect elders due to their experiences and wisdom drawn from experience. I was crafted into a polite gentleman, my son is a respectful gentleman, as for teaching these qualities you must first lead by example and live an honorable life at all times.

Death before dishonor.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Both of the above ( controversially ) are credited to either Socrates or Plato.

Another from Plato that seems uncannily written about today.

Point is... There is nothing new under the sun - just new people who have yet to see it.

I guess all generations felt this way about their youth.
Maybe because of videos/internet/cable news it just seems more widespread than normal.

I just wished Obama had gone one step further to address this issue as well in his speech.

edit on 20-7-2013 by snarky412 because: spelling....oops

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scolai
Why won't our leaders address what?

You've already got them teaching your kids ... now you want them to raise them? I think the more important question is "Why are there so many horrible parents these days?" or "Why don't more parents spend time with their kids?"

I was simply referring to the speech Obama gave the other day.
Not one person has addressed the fact that the violence that TM showed is what got him killed.
But he did nothing wrong.....
So not to address this is saying to others with that same mentality, it's okay to beat up some one just because you don't like them.

I say our 'leaders' because they're the ones been harping on this case.

And evidently, the parents simply don't care or don't know what's really going on..

edit on 20-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Exactly. It would appear that it is more convenient to the PTB to promote and propagate the negative aspects of life rather than the positive in their eforts to control us all or maybe humans actually prefer the dark side over the light. Anger is the most destructive of the emotions, most suicides are a result of deep anger as is violence towards others. I think it is all about keeping us divided because it is only united that we humans can win our freedom. The PTB know how to keep us divided. They have had lots of experience.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I watched Nate Silver give a talk recently, and he said something interesting about this subject.

I need to warn the graduates, however, that there are some people out there who don’t hold you in the same high esteem that I do. One of them is Joel Stein, a columnist for Time Magazine. He calls your generation—the millennial generation—“lazy, entitled, selfish and shallow”.

As for Joel Stein of Time Magazine—it turns out that his critique of millennials resulted from a flawed and lazy type of statistical thinking. In his article, Stein referenced a study showing that people in their 20s are more narcissistic than people who are a little older. That may be true—but it has everything to do with age, and nothing to do with your generation. The same would have been true of your parents or your grandparents when they were in their 20s. www.newschool.edu And sure enough, you can find magazine articles just like Stein’s dating back as far as 1907, which invariably accuse the emerging generation of being lazy, entitled, selfish and shallow. Somehow, those selfish and lazy generations managed to defeat the Nazis, to send a man to the moon, to invent everything from the automobile to the iPad, and to bestow great works of art, design and philosophy upon the world.

link with video

The point is that young people are always being criticized and condemned as an inferior generation, when the things they are being criticized about are just characteristics of young people in general.

Young people are angrier, less emotionally mature. This wasn't untrue 50 years ago. Leaders should be encouraging people to develop a less hostile psychology, but this takes a lot of work and typically isn't acieved by the young. Or most anyone, for that matter.

The young people today have a lot to offer to the world and are in no way a step back from previous generations.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Why won't our leaders address an 'Anger' problem with our youth?

They did . . They are called .. Ritalin, Adderall, Vyvanse, Intuniv, and Strattera just to name a few.

Instead of going directly for the problem with a solution they Invented a condition called ADHD. This coupled with the loss of the "Family Unit" in the 70's is the OFFICIAL Explanation for this condition.

Moreover our society is being conditioned to be angry and hateful.

Have you heard today’s music? Allot of it is filled with hate and anger.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Why won't our leaders address an 'Anger' problem with our youth?

They did . . They are called .. Ritalin, Adderall, Vyvanse, Intuniv, and Strattera just to name a few.

Instead of going directly for the problem with a solution they Invented a condition called ADHD. This coupled with the loss of the "Family Unit" in the 70's is the OFFICIAL Explanation for this condition.

Moreover our society is being conditioned to be angry and hateful.

Have you heard today’s music? Allot of it is filled with hate and anger.

You're right....
'Problem what problem, here take a pill, any pill.'
Never addressing the problem itself, just covering it up.

Also most of the reality shows promote anger/fights......good for the ratings, I know.
We can't stand them, just see the previews.
But the young kids watch grown ups act out on TV so they think it's okay.
[Sorry Heff, but Socrates nor Plato had reality shows to put up with.
]

Our friend watches them for the argument sake and loves it.
Which we have to hear about.......ugh. Annoying.
Crazy mentality.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

If you want to learn about a generation watch the television commercials. Our current TV ads are mostly violent video games, condoms and vibrators and rap CDs. Our television shows glorify getting fubar, behaving promiscuously and fighting with peers or "baby momma/daddy". And since either both parents are working or there is only one parent guess who is raising the kids? The television.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

If you want to learn about a generation watch the television commercials. Our current TV ads are mostly violent video games, condoms and vibrators and rap CDs. Our television shows glorify getting fubar, behaving promiscuously and fighting with peers or "baby momma/daddy". And since either both parents are working or there is only one parent guess who is raising the kids? The television.

Actually seems more like ,,"the street corner",,same old,,right?,,nothing new under the sun.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I will say one thing that we, my husband and I , can say from our time working with the public for over 27 years.

Back in the day, you could remember the a-hole because every one was nice.
Not so today.
Now when you get one that is nice and laughs, yes laughs, they are the ones you remember.
People are ruder, meaner, and can cuss you out like a sailor..........kids included.
[you wouldn't believe the filth that comes out of a 13/14 yr. olds mouth when Mom/Dad is not around]

I know, it's the economy, it's this or that.
But the reality is, if adults are showing more aggression, so will their kids.

-----------------

ETA: I rest my case:
:shk:

edit on 20-7-2013 by snarky412 because: added video.......

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm not so much a youth but I am angry all the time. EVERYTHING pisses me off. Anger is a personal thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
If they keep lying expect worse.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Euphony
I'm not so much a youth but I am angry all the time. EVERYTHING pisses me off. Anger is a personal thing.

I guess that's what I'm getting at.
Why or rather what causes a person to hold the anger?

Older people I can understand having some anger because they've got more responsibilities, experienced more through life, under stress.
But I know from my own dealings with people over the years that the times are changing.
People as a whole are a lot more testy and easily angered. That's just my opinion of course.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
glad i do not live there where i am from people treat each other like humans from a early age i spoke to and understood all the different cultures around me as just different people .

i addressed the elder men as mister and treated the ladies like i would my mother /sister .

but then i was brought up by my grandparents those people had seen horrors few would believe in the modern age .
i still smile and say hello to a fellow traveller on the road .

never mind your leader how are YOU GOING TO BEHAVE on the road

top topics

join