It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences with Spirit / Ghost Knocks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by exodus27

That is a pretty safe assumption I think.

Especially with the finger prints reappearing.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You met my wall knocker. She still stops by now and again, and the knocking happens on dressers, the upstairs and downstairs entertainment centers, on the downstairs recessed window surface, and sometimes the knocks follow me to a friend's house. Last night someone slipped a bread knife out of the drawer and placed it on the counter when my wife's back was turned and scared the hell out of her.

This place gets lively sometimes, but to be honest, I grew up in NY State housing projects, so I generally feel more relaxed when there are people around. I kinda like the company.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

She still hangs around? Good!

I am finding with the housing here that low income places seem to generate a lot of spirit activity.
Although most of it has been of a good nature.

might just be because I am the caretaker so they gotta take care of me or live in dirty conditions...

But low income places like low income projects and housing definetly has a lot of residual and some spirit activity, because so much happens in these places.
edit on 21-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have some close friends who live in a house that was very haunted from about 1998 through 2003-2004.
Whatever was\is there...spirits, poltergeist, whatever, seems to have departed or just completely quieted down.
There hasn't been any of the weird activity there for close to 10 years.

It made noises that you wouldn't believe. Crashes and loud stomping and pounding were common. A lot of knocking and rapping too.

The thing that I found most unnerving, that really freaked me out, was the few times (maybe just 3 or 4) that it would knock or rap on a wall or cabinet very softly. Like it was really trying to scare the hell out of me.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Did they do something to make the noises stop?

I don't get scared with the knocks, a little surprised at first, but I adjust to it

Little knocks and soft knocks happen too. When I was discussing knocks in Sled's paranormal thread I got a little light knock on my wall above my computer. It was just enough for me to get up and go look in my daughters room to make sure it wasn't her. At about the same time Sled got knocks on her dresser I think it was.

You have a fair amount of experience with these kinds of things, if I remember correctly.

I am expecting activity to pick up here as they are doing a remodel on the building and also I am going to be headed to a very active place soon, and for some reason that seems to excite whatever spirits are hanging around. I think they are happy to see some changes and upgrades to my building.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A while after my dad passed away in 1991, his son from his first marriage (and his wife) was visiting us. They stayed overnight, and sometime after everybody was in bed asleep I was awakened by what I thought was a wasp flying around and tapping on my ceiling as it flew.

I'm terribly afraid of them, so I figured I'd better get up and try to kill it so it wouldn't sting me in the middle of the night. Also I was afraid I might eat it, since I have been known to snore deeply while flat on my back! I got a fly swatter and put my glasses on before turning on the light. I could still hear the tapping noises moving around all over my ceiling, but no wasp. No insects at all were visible.

This confused me for about a minute, and then I realized who/what it must be. I whispered, "Hey, Daddy." The tapping stopped immediately for maybe 10 or 15 seconds, then I heard a single tap as if to acknowledge what I'd said.

The next morning as they were saying goodbye, my rabbit started "thumping," kicking the back wall of her cage really hard. She did this every few seconds, and I went to see what was wrong. She looked terrified, and no matter how I tried to distract or calm her, she wouldn't have it.

I noticed she was looking at something near the bedroom door, and if I moved in front of her she'd instantly look around me and keep staring at something I wasn't seeing. Again I thought of my daddy, since her cage was in his old room. After a couple minutes I asked daddy to please leave the room, since he was upsetting Bunny so bad. He must have left, because she stopped thumping all at once and started moving around normally.

I've also had a dog and a cat to react to things unseen by me, so I am totally convinced they can see and sense much more than we can.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

She still hangs around? Good!

I am finding with the housing here that low income places seem to generate a lot of spirit activity.
Although most of it has been of a good nature.

might just be because I am the caretaker so they gotta take care of me or live in dirty conditions...

But low income places like low income projects and housing definetly has a lot of residual and some spirit activity, because so much happens in these places.

I know that my mom stuck around in our unit until all of us teenage sons of hers had been safely transferred to relative and such after she died suddenly in her own bed. That unit was absolutely alive with activity for over 6 months.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

reply to post by ColeYounger

Did they do something to make the noises stop?

I don't get scared with the knocks, a little surprised at first, but I adjust to it

Little knocks and soft knocks happen too. When I was discussing knocks in Sled's paranormal thread I got a little light knock on my wall above my computer. It was just enough for me to get up and go look in my daughters room to make sure it wasn't her. At about the same time Sled got knocks on her dresser I think it was.

You have a fair amount of experience with these kinds of things, if I remember correctly.

I am expecting activity to pick up here as they are doing a remodel on the building and also I am going to be headed to a very active place soon, and for some reason that seems to excite whatever spirits are hanging around. I think they are happy to see some changes and upgrades to my building.

Y'know, I wish more people had this attitude about paranormal manifestations. Especially the simple stuff that normal people would be most likely to be engaged in. If material (still in gestational development) people weren't so damn sure that they were the ultimate expression of humanity, then maybe the barrier between both communities of human beings (we, the developing and they, the fully developed) would be less of a wall and more of a window - maybe even an open window that would allow us to enjoy the advantage of helping each other through the struggles of being human. I'm sure there's plenty that we would be able to help them with (finishing up projects and concerns they left behind, or taking care of people they're worried about) and they'd be capable of helping us as well (of course, the list is pretty expansive there).

We really miss out on a lot of positive benefit by either dismissing them as nonexistent or by turning them into boogeymen as soon as they die. Even worse, by "shipping them off" to Heaven, or Hell, or wherever it is that some backwater religion has us sending them off to. It's even worse when we have convinced them that this is where they are as soon as they've died. So much useless and worthless delusion on that side of the veil, and so much unnecessary loss and pain on this side as a result. It's just too bad for so many reasons.
edit on 7/22/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
if you think your being followed or haunted spiritually, Try not to give off Negative energy things like this can Quickly turn sour an manifest into a freaky haunting experience over a Simple surprise knock here an there

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

Wow, Great experience Scribe!
A good example of family coming back and letting you know they are around!
I love it!

Thank you for sharing that!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have had a few experiences with this "ghost knock". The night of my grandfather's passing I was going to sleep in the spare bedroom of my grandparents house, it was about midnight. I was quietly speaking to my passed grandfather. I spoke for a few minutes and about 5-10 seconds after I finished and settled into bed, I heard an extremely loud knock.

The sound came from a corner of the room on the south east side of the house. The room faces the front yard and the sound seem to come from the side facing outside. I have not slept in that room more than a handfull of times and never heard anything close to that noise.

The odd thing that still sticks in my head was the knock was actually more of an extremely loud crack. The crack of the sound barrier is what it reminded me off upon later reflection but obviously much lower in decibels.

I have also done EVP sessions in my room and have had nights when my room seems to pop and knock. It may be my imagination but a couple of those sessions did tend to have more sound. My house does make popping and knocking sounds naturally but on those couple nights they seemed more intense.

Anyway, even longer story cut short, those are my experiences with the very intriguing "knocking" phenomenon.

It has always made me wonder though, if these entities can manipulate energy or matter enough to create a sound. Why does it always seem to be in the form of knocking. Sure voices have been heard and also captured on EVPs but knocking seems to be the most prevalent. Also one of the easiest ones to hoax as well. I never believe knocks I see/hear on videos. Way too easy to hoax.

But I have witnessed this myself and believe there is more too this phenomonon.

Could it just be our imaginations getting the best of us? Possibly.

Could it be entities communicating to us or some other paranormal phenomenon? Possibly too.

I'm just so darn interested as to why the "knocking"??

Maybe it is one of the few ways "they" can try to communicate, since we are limited in our senses. That's what makes this area of investigation so intriguing. The odd things going on are just so bizarre compared to what is suppose to be actual reality.

Also, great thread Op. Thank you for bringing up this topic. Very intriguing! S&F

edit on 7/22/2013 by mcx1942 because: add s&f

edit on 7/22/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix typo

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I agree.

People misunderstand what is happening a lot of the time.
It is just so out of the norm for them that they can't get over a fear of something being around that according to how we understand the physical world, should not be.

A lot of the time it is because they have already been taught that anything that seems "paranormal" is negative, when, in my experience, it has been mostly positive,although weird sometimes. That is not to say that negative things don't happen, but most of the time, it is a spirit wanting you to know something or to get acknowledged that it is there.

In the experience you had, this was the case, and it was a very eye opening experience for me as well. I really did get a lot out of your "knocker" and her/your experience. It allowed me to rip apart the experience and examine it fully from a spirits point of view. That was a rare opportunity for me, and one I will never forget.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Thank you for sharing your experience!

I wonder why too as to the knocks.
It happens, like yourself and others here on the thread,
we all have experienced this strange phenomenon.
It does seem to be a common way for communication.

Perhaps it has to do with wood.
Maybe there is something about wood that we don't know. It could be a material that is easier for a spirit to use in some way. I don't know, just a thought that came to me as I was reading your post.

Knocks would be very easy to fake for sure if someone wanted to, but kind of like the experience I had the other night with knocks on my kitchen table, there was only two of us in the room, and we both stopped what we were doing to examine the table to see what the heck it was. I really thought it sounded like knuckles rapping hard on the table surface. Nothing had fallen or hit the table, and it was out of the blue, so things like that are not fake.

But as I said before, my building if going through remodeling so I expect the activity to increase. It is normal for me to experience these things in one form or another, however, the knocks have special meaning for me personally, as they are accompanied by some sort of major experience, or at least they have been in the past.

People get them for different reasons, and I also wonder why spirits choose do this form of communication.
There must be something about it that is easier for them, wood maybe, or maybe in whatever reality they are in, something makes them be able to create noises like this.

Definitely a mystery!

edit on 22-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RaikiEnki

Like attracts like, so when person puts out negativity, chances are, they will get that back, as a learning experience much of the time.

People are easily freaked in a bad way from these kinds of experiences sometimes, so I can see how it could really scare someone if it starts to happen a lot without any knowledge of why or who it is that is doing it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

In the experience you had, this was the case, and it was a very eye opening experience for me as well. I really did get a lot out of your "knocker" and her/your experience. It allowed me to rip apart the experience and examine it fully from a spirits point of view. That was a rare opportunity for me, and one I will never forget.

Did you guys do a thread on this? Got a link?
If not, would you care to share your story with us?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

This was what started the entire painting threads/experience I went through.
And it is partly how I got my current job after the experience.
I was paid by spirit through a job after going through and experiencing NorEaster's "knocker" who was a friend of his that had died a few years beforehand.
You can read his experience with the knocks here:
Either Paranormal or Something Worse....,
Ok, so maybe now I need a medium?

I had no idea what I was walking into until I answered his thread on needing a medium and opened a connection.
My experience with his knocker started a few weeks before when I started my painting.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've had a country song on my mind all day, and when the words of the chorus just came to me while I was reading this thread, I decided to post them. Kind of fits in with the question "why knocking?"

WELCOME TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my world
Won't you come on in
Miracles I guess
Still happen now and then

Step into my heart
Leave your cares behind
Welcome to my world
Built with you in mind

Knock, and the door will open
Seek, and you will find
Ask, and you'll be given
The key to this world of mine

I'll be waiting here
With my arms unfurled
Waiting just for you
Welcome to my world

This is a beautiful golden oldie by Jim Reeves, if you want to hear it as he recorded it. If you take the words in a paranormal direction, it could be from a spirit who's passed to their loved ones still living on this side of the veil!
(I couldn't get a picture to show up in a post right; so I'm not even trying a video...)

Oh geez, I just looked it up on Google. There are links to videos for this song all over u tube, but I DID NOT REALIZE he released it the year I was born, 1964! Yeah, I'm getting old and I don't care who knows my age!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scribe611

Here you go

I had to go check it out.

I do agree, if taken in a supernatural way, it is a beautiful song.

Sometimes when we get visits from loved ones who come back to say hi, I'm ok,you're ok,
it can be as easy as a song, just like a knock.
They let you into their world just as you let them into yours.
It is a 2 way experience,knocking and opening the door,
and touches both spirit and person.

edit on 22-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thank you so much for posting the video!

And I do believe you're right on the money with what you said. I think so many instances of seeing, hearing, feeling or otherwise sensing a loved one around us after passing is just an effort to say, "Hey, look - I made it!" Or perhaps a post card from the other side... Wish You Were Here?

Can you imagine a travel agency offering astral visits to the other side... "Wait til you see this place. You're gonna want to move in and stay, but you gotta wait your turn. And for your own special tour guide, here's your dear old Uncle Frank to show you around!"

That's one tour I'd like to book.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Fascinating Stuff people,

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join