It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's done. Did you realize it's already done?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The appearance is constantly changing - the perceiver is not changing.

Ah, but the perceiver IS changing. Hair growing, aging, mood altering... We are not viewing this life from the outside. We are IN it.

Yes, we are the 'living library'. Everything we do recorded and cataloged. So we are actually just the present to be remembered eventually as another past history of ourselves (if you believe in reincarnation). Your soul is represented as a thread in a room called the 'tapestry room'. You are there represented as one thread winding along for miles (you can only gain access if you are out of body; between lives--not sure thats allowed anymore).
edit on 20-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There was a time in my life in early twenties where I had worked 60 / 70 hour weeks for years. I filled my life with work and played hard, I was in denial of certain emotional aspects of my past.

I read philosophy, studied religion / Buddhism / esoteric wisdom etc and I believed then, that all that was needed was to live the true present. It was a sort of mantra for me at the time. I have since realised that in suppressing the need to deal with some things from my past, I was denying myself true happiness. I needed to let go of emotional pain that I had denied was there.

I couldn't understand the present and hence the future properly because the past was haunting me. Only in this realisation, did I see the light of day and could move forwards without wrecking myself physically from overwork.

I do not believe in living in the past but I do believe that there is no present or future without history. In understanding history we see the real picture and comprehend things clearly and truly.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Did you not read the title.

It is already done. There is no next time.

You've forever plucked the nose hairs from the crotch of inevitability.

The tiger crouches. "Where are you? Where aaarrreee you?"

The tiger crouches. "Come out come out wherever you are..."

but the dragon giggles behind his whiskers.... forever hidden.

I do not believe everything i read. You are correct though there will come a time when i think of this moment, squat down and pluck hard a nose hair from the booger barrel.
The tiger got bored of seeking the dragon, as it was really just an oversize mosquito masquerading as a dragon fly.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Unity_99
Yet even should we do this, and live in the now, this is still the past from another perspective.

What is this 'other perspective' of which you speak?

'Past' is just a word that appears in presence. All concepts arise in presence.
Is it possible to step outside presence and see it from another perspective?

We exist in infinite snapshots, in all directions and densities, outside of our present perspective. We also have HS, then HS's HS, and so forth, and we're all infinite parts of infinity or infinite consciousness, of which we are infinite parts. If we purify areas in ourselves, we could be removing the barriers so to speak and be a greater part of the infinite ocean of ourselves. We are but 'in this now", here, whereas all the other journeys you've had, past and future, in different realms and planets, in heavenly beyonds, are all happening, in the Now as well, yet we're given this "Gift", a chance to grow and clear up areas that need some polish, lack of love, childishness and willingness to give into body suit urges.

Life is always a very big gift with a lot of potential for growth.

Are we compartmentalized in all the nows of our life. To some of us so it would seem, the ones behind the veil currently, past/present and possibly future, all at once. But the parts of us beyond, would possibly experience this in a lesser way, notwithstanding than even out of the universes, into the beyonds, there is still something beyond the beyond, and so forth into infinity, so that if you were able to pull together your infinite self, and if each part of self is not its own person and fractal, then you would still find, that when you upgraded to the next level, though parent here, you would be a child there.

Infinity is not ONE, its infinite parts and infinite One-111111111111111...........'s.

Coming together and perceiving itself as One, ie One cosmic soup, would be finitehood.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperienceThe tiger got bored of seeking the dragon, as it was really just an oversize mosquito masquerading as a dragon fly.

I couldn't help responding. The dragon was never really there, the tiger was chasing the wrong species and tried to fool the dragon into believing it was near the tiger while in absolute reality it was somewhere completely different. The dragon was happy he finally dealt with the tiger so he could go back to his misses while the tiger and his potential misses sadly has to do without, forever chasing a dragon he can't ever be with. But since there tiger is only chasing a dragon there isn't going to be any miss and every tiger can use him to know it's a bad thing trying to be with a dragon.
edit on 20/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Yet even should we do this, and live in the now, this is still the past from another perspective.

What is this 'other perspective' of which you speak?

'Past' is just a word that appears in presence. All concepts arise in presence.
Is it possible to step outside presence and see it from another perspective?

We exist in infinite snapshots, in all directions and densities, outside of our present perspective. We also have HS, then HS's HS, and so forth, and we're all infinite parts of infinity or infinite consciousness, of which we are infinite parts. If we purify areas in ourselves, we could be removing the barriers so to speak and be a greater part of the infinite ocean of ourselves. We are but 'in this now", here, whereas all the other journeys you've had, past and future, in different realms and planets, in heavenly beyonds, are all happening, in the Now as well, yet we're given this "Gift", a chance to grow and clear up areas that need some polish, lack of love, childishness and willingness to give into body suit urges.

Life is always a very big gift with a lot of potential for growth.

Are we compartmentalized in all the nows of our life. To some of us so it would seem, the ones behind the veil currently, past/present and possibly future, all at once. But the parts of us beyond, would possibly experience this in a lesser way, notwithstanding than even out of the universes, into the beyonds, there is still something beyond the beyond, and so forth into infinity, so that if you were able to pull together your infinite self, and if each part of self is not its own person and fractal, then you would still find, that when you upgraded to the next level, though parent here, you would be a child there.

Infinity is not ONE, its infinite parts and infinite One-111111111111111...........'s.

Coming together and perceiving itself as One, ie One cosmic soup, would be finitehood.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

There are no other now's that you have to worry about. Now is all there is. This now now.
You are whole now but if you believe there are other now's (times) then you will be divided and conflicted.
To be compartmentalized in 'other now's' is just an idea - there is only one now.

You and now are inseparable - you are now and thoughts about 'other now's' are just thoughts appearing now. all appears now.
There is only presence eternally.
There is the seeing (never seen/unseen) presence and there is the seen presence (this that is appearing now).
Can the seer of now ever be seen?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
As the Buddha once sagely commented:
What you talkin' 'bout Willis?!
Change is the only constant.
Time is an illusion.
Don't fall for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
I was denying myself true happiness. I needed to let go of emotional pain that I had denied was there.

I couldn't understand the present

You were "denying". You wren't "denying" the past. You were denying thoughts that were arising now about the past. You were denying the now and the thoughts that arose with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience

Honestly i was trying to see if i could use my will to get you to flag a thread you do not want to flag but have continually posted on. I mean its your free will and all so i was just trying to play the roll of Will Bender.
Jeez i wonder what it will take you to flag one of my threads

So it is your belief that you can control the appearance? When you go to the cinema do you think you can control the movie? Tell me - how is it working for you?
You cannot control the movie of life - what is appearing is just appearing - you have no control over what happens/appears.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I disagree. I choose which way I turn my head or what I look at.

Say there is a painting on your left and a chair on your right. You decide to look to your left, you have just chosen what appears in your image, even if only slightly.

You have a choice to go see that movie or not, so you do have control (in a way) of what appears and doesn't appear.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by TheomExperience

Honestly i was trying to see if i could use my will to get you to flag a thread you do not want to flag but have continually posted on. I mean its your free will and all so i was just trying to play the roll of Will Bender.
Jeez i wonder what it will take you to flag one of my threads

So it is your belief that you can control the appearance? When you go to the cinema do you think you can control the movie? Tell me - how is it working for you?
You cannot control the movie of life - what is appearing is just appearing - you have no control over what happens/appears.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I disagree. I choose which way I turn my head or what I look at.

Say there is a painting on your left and a chair on your right. You decide to look to your left, you have just chosen what appears in your image, even if only slightly.

You have a choice to go see that movie or not, so you do have control (in a way) of what appears and doesn't appear.

You do not have a choice whether you see the movie or not. Can you not see these words? It is too late for you to choose whether you saw and read these words.
What appears is just appearing but there is an idea that there is something that can choose - it is so sweet.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So in your opinion there is no choice or free will? Why is that? Does something decide for us?

I choose to visit this site and I chose to reply to your post, so I chose to read your post and reply to it.
edit on 21-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So in your opinion there is no choice or free will? Why is that? Does something decide for us?

I choose to visit this site and I chose to reply to your post, so I chose to read your post and reply to it.
edit on 21-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

All is happening as one.
This moment is appearing and is seen.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It is all done by the will of God and God's will is free.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I agree God's will is free will, which means we have a choice.

To say we don't have a choice because something we did in the past is unchangeable isn't logical. That is what you're saying isn't it?

We chose to do or not do that thing before it happened, so we do have a choice, which means we have free will.

I do enjoy your posts though, they are true most of the time. God is the here and now, literally.

Gospel of Thomas
50 Jesus said: If they say to you: Whence have you come?, say to them: We have come from the light, the place where the light came into being of itself. It [established itself], and it revealed itself in their image. If they say to you: Who are you?, say: We are his sons, and we are the elect of the living Father. If they ask you: What is the sign of your Father in you?, say to them: It is movement and rest.

I think the last line is speaking of something miraculous, that of motion.

One of Zeno's paradoxes is that of the arrow.

If everything when it occupies an equal space is at rest, and if that which is in locomotion is always occupying such a space at any moment, the flying arrow is therefore motionless.

It's quite a miracle that motion exists at all, as this paradox explains, so the fact that motion is witnessed shows that we have the miraculous within us.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Actually it was deep psychological denial of actual things that happened in the past that caused me emotional and physical pain then.

I really have traversed these subjects for more than 20 years, I know that the past affects the present and the future. Knowing this is essential, it is the root of knowledge and wisdom, otherwise people would be goldfish.

Thinking only of the 'present' is not advisable. Think about it, foresight, hindsight, insight etc.

edit on 21-7-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Actually it was deep psychological denial of actual things that happened in the past that caused me emotional and physical pain then.

Unless it is here "now", it is impossible to deny. It needs to appear in order to be denied. It wasn't the "past", it was the Thoughts and Feelings ABOUT The Past that was arising "now" that you denied.

Thinking only of the 'present' is not advisable. Think about it, foresight, hindsight, insight etc.

You don't need to think about the past to gain insight. The action that must be done in The Present because instinctive. If it hurt you to do something, you don't have to keep thinking about it in order to know not to do it again, it just becomes intuitive that when presented with a choice "that" choice will bring pain, and so you don't do it.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join