It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Beginning, There was Nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
In the beginning, there was nothing. Then in an instant, The Great Media God created the "George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin" fiasco. And then there was 'News'. Then The Media God created literally non-stop media coverage. Newspapers, the evening newscasts, then the morning newscasts, then all over the internet! Then the Media God created a massive full-blown media circus, complete with headlines! Magazine Covers! Radio programs! AM/FM......everywhere!!!! Then there was fear! Then the Media God saw what he had created and said, "It is Good!"

After creating fear and loathing among most all the lower classes, as they were the only ones who gave a crap about it really. The Media God continued the day and night onslaught. Gavel to gavel coverage of the trial! Running commentary on all the news shows, news tickers, and even compelled all his children to issue Breaking News! alerts to everyone's mailbox. Even as they slept. The Media God knew, in his all-knowing way, there was absolutely no way any of his creatures could escape the relentless saturation of everything the creature's brains would see, touch, hear or feel. And the Media God said, "It is Good!"

Just when all his creatures thought they could now go on about their little lives; After all, the trial was over and Zimmerman was found "Not Guilty!" Nothing to see or hear now, everybody go on now; Not so fast little creatures..... The Great Media God isn't quite finished with you yet. It seems this "God" feels he hasn't started enough trouble. Created enough unnecessary chaos. That of course was the reason he created all this mess in the first place, To cause trouble. Start the old "race-wars" up again. Screw-up the domestic bliss we already were in the midst of anyways. No, he wanted more. And still more. And he doesn't usually quit until he accomplishes exactly what he set out to create. Be it a "9/11" frenzy or a "Terrorist Attack" or even an unfortunate but still everyday occurrence like a minority-based shooting somewhere down in Florida. 'Earth Shattering!!!!!! ' Gimme a break media god.

The Media God will not let it go. It's still here. Grabbin' those same old headlines. I didn't care when they first created it as national news, and don't give a crap now. But they're determined to keep the event in the forefront, until it at least inflames a riot or two, which it hasn't. As it is,they've gotta drag people outta their houses just to protest. Nobody phuckin' cares!!!! But you'd never know it by opening your eyes, cause you can't not see and hear all this bull#, they wont letcha.
edit on 7/17/2013 by be4ne1 because: spellin'

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well the thing is something cannot come from nothing. It defies everything we know about, well, anything. So to say God...

Oh another Zimmerman thread. Nevermind.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by be4ne1

Let me see if I get your drift...???

OK, you are wailing on the hyper 24/7 drama factor...right?? That has gotten everyone distracted...right?? Freakin Zimmerman got off, lets go to Walmart and put the medium size apparel where the XL size goes...right??

Yeah, it is stupid. I think most people here get it.

Doesn't mean that issue doesn't piss people off.

Consume and take the spotlight off of the more prescient issues?? I think not.

So, what were you saying....???

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I guess not. No... you didn't get my drift.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ahhh, glad you stopped yourself there, you were about to misquote me. Bet you do that alot.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by be4ne1

Really. Your retort was to make up a lie about me? I don't believe we have ever exchanged words until now. Nor do I recall much of you in other threads I have been in. Also, I have been a member much much longer than you. So that's a bold statement to make indeed!

Anyways. I did enjoy reading your post. At least for the creativity aspect.

top topics

join