It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman case aftermath and questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It seems to me that people identify themselves with this case. They say he is guilty, free, or anything in between. But then when someone is contradicted... some take extreme measures... many take it personally... (And when I say "contradicted" I don't just mean being incorrect if your assumption with the verdict being wrong).

I know this happens every year. But, jesus, it only gets worse in my eyes.

The case is almost pointless. The most important point we should learn from all this turmoil is that these kinds of trials should never be aired on television. Maybe an SEC case against financiers or an NTSB against an airline case... but not some idiot killing a fool in florida.

Why do we waste our energy? Don't prove me wrong when I ask myself if we really are that stupid.

At any rate, I am curious to hear any feedback. Lemme know ya'll.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Do we really need anymore of these threads?

We are all one race, Human. It's the government's that want to keep us apart.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
From what i notice and i don't mean to pick sides or claim that i know what happened that day. But people who tend to think he is guilty usually don't seem to have all the information that was being used in the trial (assuming it is valid evidence)

I say this because those who support trayvon when interview say things that there is already evidence to show otherwise, they seem like people who are still being emotional from when the case first happened like when the news made Zimmerman seem racist by editing the 911 call or showing an old picture of him and a young picture of trayvon. I have been following the case very closely and looking at the evidence and it seems to point out to him being innocent but i could easily be wrong.

Its funny at the same time, as sad as one person dying is i cant seem to fathom the outrage that has built up when hundreds of thousands of children die every year all around the world from hunger/murder/etc. People are really disconnected.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I replied in another thread recently:

"It was a perfect storm in the making. On one hand you have an over-zealous neighborhood watch person (wanna-be cop who had tried to get into law enforcement unsuccessfully). On the other hand, you had a young, dumb, full of cum teenager (dressed as a hoodlum) who over-reacted to the situation. Hence, they got into an altercation where one had the upper hand (or armament).
Zimmerman got off easy on this one. It should have at MOST been manslaughter. He did end the life of another human being. Martin should not have been wearing such clothes in a supposed "gated community". It only brings attention.
That is what I get from the gist of this situation, unfortunate as it is."

And that if all I'm going to say, whether you agree or not.

top topics

join