It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race. We must talk about it, but we can't. Help, please?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So why is race still an issue after hundreds of years?

Straight up it is politics best weapon of mass destruction that is nothing more than manipulation of groups of people designed, and used for only one purpose:

To keep people fighting between themselves instead of who they should be fighting against (government) once a person figures that out they can take themselves out of that 'game'.

This is what they do create hatred,intolerance, and bigotry that create's irrational thoughts that lead to tunnel vision, because as most people know when rational thought prevails they lose control.

Oh and been called a 'racist' long before current events ever took place the term is thrown around indeed just to silence the opposition, or anyone trying to have a rational dialog.

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Dear TDawgRex,

Would you run up to your attic, get your crystal ball, and dust it off? I'll wait here until you get back.

Dum de dum de dum dum d.. Back already? Great.

I'm thinking that at this point and time, well have to wait a few more generations. There are to many people making money off of race baiting.
Generations? Whoa. Will we even have a country a few generations from now? Wow, that is a discouraging forecast.

You don't see any reason for a change and I don't either, except that if we follow this path for even another generation I think we'll crumble. Whether it's race or class, I don't see survival for even 60 yers as an option.

What does your crystal ball say?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by madmac5150
The problem isn't so much a problem of the people, but a problem of the message that the MSM continues to pound down our throats in collusion with the Gov't and the NAACP. They want division and animosity... it makes for compelling television and the MSM will keep milking it as long as they can.

BINGO...

Controversy sells

That is one of the dumbest pictures I have seen floating around the internet.

The reason Trayvon's death got national attention is because Zimmerman was allowed to walk without any investigation besides taking his statement that night.

It is kind of dumb to compare the two cases.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by firemonkey

He was brought in for questioning, his story and witnesses meshed up, so he was let go, as per the law. Every time a white person does something to a black, it must be because of race. But that accusation is never tossed out when another race does something to a white person, even when they straight up say it's because they are white.
edit on Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:16:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I see in your post that you are trying to compare the "N" word with Cracker.

Now tell me, do you honestly not know why one is considered worse than the other? I'll give you a hint, history.

Before we can have an honest talk about race, we have to acknowledge that there are certain races that have been systematically and institutionally discriminated against...legally.

And I'm not talking ancient history, I'm talking just a little over 50 years ago. There are many people alive today still that were told "we don't allow n***ers in here". Now if you don't understand why that makes a difference, then there is no discussion we can have about race.
edit on 16-7-2013 by firemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
it's like our planet has been taken over by hostile extra-terrestrials, who are equal opportunity haters, but who have found that they get the best results by pitting groups against groups and then they take over and make it a living hell for most of the survivors.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

He was brought in for questioning, his story and witnesses meshed up, so he was let go, as per the law. Every time a white person does something to a black, it must be because of race. But that accusation is never tossed out when another race does something to a white person, even when they straight up say it's because they are white.
edit on Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:16:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

You are missing the point.

The reason, and only reason, this got national attention is because Zimmerman wasn't charged. It's fine that he was found innocent, that is how our system works. But it is not fine for police officers to make that decision.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Dear neo96,

I'm sorry to ask a question with no answer (Actually, I'm not. Better that you wrestle with it than me.), But if government and politics runs the show, and I assume you see no difference between the Rs and the Ds, where can we go to try to change things?

The government owns the federal justice system, the equal employment opportunity commission, and the schools, along with who knows how many other agencies. The news system is largely in the pocket of the current government (Of course, they hated Bush so maybe it does matter which party gets in power), with the exception of am radio, some cable and parts of the internet. Hollywood isn't doing anything to calm racial tensions.

What's left? Parents? Churches? Boy scouts? Those seem pretty weak cards to play in this society.

Anyway, glad your sticking to your story, it makes sense.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by firemonkey

Now tell me, do you honestly not know why one is considered worse than the other? I'll give you a hint, history.

apartheid in south africa was ended. the problems were mostly solved, and it was all looking up for the black population there. black people were becoming business owners, successful entrepeneurs, the job market was starting to more accurately reflect the indigenous black population and then, it all went to hell in a handbasket. Do you know why? I'll give you a hint; history.

As long as people refuse to forgive and/or refuse to quit acting like skin color has any bearing on the worth of an individual, this will continue to escalate until the real enemies of the people, have devoured every last one of us.
edit on 16-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
PLEASE EVERYBODY

Of course you can write what you like, but I'd really rather not turn this into a Martin - Zimmerman thread. That's a different issue, and there are at least a dozen threads on that subject. I don't want to lose this one.

Thanks for your consideration.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by firemonkey

It is kind of dumb to compare the two cases.

Are they NOT Children though?????

edit on 16-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: fix

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I'm sorry to ask a question with no answer (Actually, I'm not. Better that you wrestle with it than me.), But if government and politics runs the show, and I assume you see no difference between the Rs and the Ds, where can we go to try to change things?

One of those is trying to widen the 'great racial divide' only one guess of which one.

The political machinations of the ZT and the emphasis on race was a means to an end to push a political agenda,using another because when people hate each other. and they see something 'wrong' they will gladly give up more freedoms all in the name of 'social justice'.

The government owns the federal justice system, the equal employment opportunity commission, and the schools, along with who knows how many other agencies. The news system is largely in the pocket of the current government (Of course, they hated Bush so maybe it does matter which party gets in power), with the exception of am radio, some cable and parts of the internet. Hollywood isn't doing anything to calm racial tensions.

Local LEO clear Zimmerman of any crime the first time politics said oh hell no that won't do so they took it to the state level and the state cleared him as well, and now it's off to the federal level to a preferred outcome.

There is a saying all politics are local they really are fact is we shouldn't even be talking about ZT or race all things being what they are that also has another benefit to take pressure off the administration for it's criminal activities.

What's left? Parents? Churches? Boy scouts? Those seem pretty weak cards to play in this society

This is true America is not what it use to be the same people who have manufactured the 'boogieman Zimmerman' using racism have destroyed the family unit,the churches, and other entity from where we Americans use to derive morality from.

Now morality only should come from media, it's pundits, or government pundits, and only it gets to dispense social justice.

Not the parents,not the church, not the state, but the FEDS and media and most people are all too willing to go along.

That is my theory sure others will vary.
edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Dear firemonkey,

Thank you sincerely for the questions. How else am I going to learn? Let me tell you what I was thinking.

Only to the extent that they are both considered racial insults. Certainly one is worse, at least in the eyes of society. You can write out one of the terms on ATS and the press, but not the other.

Before we can have an honest talk about race, we have to acknowledge that there are certain races that have been systematically and institutionally discriminated against...legally.
OK, fine, I'm with you. Doesn't most of America acknowledge that? I thought it was a given.

Now if you don't understand why that makes a difference, then there is no discussion we can have about race.
Certainly it makes a difference. I agreed to that at the beginning of this post.

So, with that out of the way, can we start the discussion?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A racial slur, is a racial slur, is a racial slur. Trying to say one is "worse" than another is retarded. Insulting people with disparaging words for their race is racist. Racist is racist, neither is better than the other.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
PLEASE EVERYBODY

Of course you can write what you like, but I'd really rather not turn this into a Martin - Zimmerman thread. That's a different issue, and there are at least a dozen threads on that subject. I don't want to lose this one.

Thanks for your consideration.

With respect,
Charles1952

Agree.

This thread is about Race in General.

I just feel that all children, all people for that matter are human. People are willing to look at a child and place "race" as a sticking point. When I see a child while working with BBBS, You would be surprised the love you get. I could easily be green, and it wouldnt matter.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

My thoughts for education go more along the lines of: engage the students with work that interests them. Individualized lesson plans, etc. Seems difficult to achieve, but if we can do it with medicine, why not our childrens education?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

There is an even deeper issue than racism. Irrationality and herd-mentality.

Judging based on the color of one's skin is a sign of irrationality. These superficialities are not chosen, but one is thrown into them. To judge someone for something they had no choice in can only lead to further stupidity. To think we know where we have never learned is the last-ditch resort of the intellectually deprived.

To defeat this mentality we must defeat the culture that teaches us to glorify what is superficial, for that is how they teach us to see people, abstracted from what they are. In a world where we get no time to think, this rarely crosses our mind.

edit on 16-7-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
A racial slur, is a racial slur, is a racial slur. Trying to say one is "worse" than another is retarded. Insulting people with disparaging words for their race is racist. Racist is racist, neither is better than the other.

Even "Retarded", could be construed as a slur.

I know plenty of Parents with children who are Mentally Retarded.

Sometimes the World is too Politically Correct. In the end though, All it takes is a quick "check" to make sure you dont step over a boundry, as not to insult someone. Not much to ask. Our World does lack Morals and Principals. It starts at home, with our own children.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Then if you recognize all of that, you should recognize that all races are still not equal in this country. African Americans still have a long way to go before they are "equal" to whites when it comes to education, opportunities, and quality of life. It has gotten much better...but not "equal" yet.

Hispanics also aren't "equal", in fact they may be experiencing more intense discrimination now than African Americans are. Tell me one other race that is accused of being illegal just by their looks? Or another race/ethnicity that has their language hated on, even by elected officials of this country?

I'm sure there are other races/ethnicities that are discriminated against as well, those are just the two biggest examples in this country right now.

So what makes race relations in this country difficult? Well to start off with, when whites act like they are now the victims and claim they are discriminated against. That doesn't help anything at all, it's a slap in the face to those that experience or experienced real discrimination.

So while it may seem unfair, whites in this country have no right or cause to complain about being discriminated against.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Good point, I do try to catch myself. Sometimes it slips. Not racist, but could be hurtful, even not meant that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join