It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist to Picket Funeral of Cory Monteith (of Glee)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yes yes ... freedom of speech and all that.
Still .... these people make me ill.

Westboro Baptist to Picket Funeral of Cory Monteith (of Glee)

The Westboro Baptist Church continued to find tragedies to exploit for publicity this week when the Topeka, Kan. based anti-gay group announced plans to picket the funeral of "Glee" star Cory Monteith.

Monteith was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room on Saturday. He was 31.

Although the show "Glee" features many homosexual characters, Monteith's Finn Hudson was heterosexual. Off-screen, Monteith was also straight.

By all accounts, Cory Monteith was a very nice fella. He had his drug issues which he was dealing with and he was trying to get clean. Nice fella. Passed away at age 31. First reports from the officials are that they haven't found his death to be drug related (which is odd IMHO) I feel bad for his onscreen/offscreen girlfriend Lea Michele. At an rate ... the Westboro Baptist nutters will be picketting his funeral.

There is a book out by a former member of the group. She escaped.
Her book is called Banished.
In it, she says she thinks that the founder of Westboro is homosexual or had a negative homosexual experience in his teen years. Huffington Post

SOMETHING happened to cause that leader to go wonky ...

Anyways, they are getting ready to picket the funeral.
I hope they get rained on.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They protest everything.

One time I found a grey hair on my nut sack.

They were all like "God hates grey hair on nut sacks!"

Hurt my feelings.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Westboro Baptist Church having Homosexual Hate?

Seriously?

IDIOTS

The lot of them.

RIP Cory Monteith........................

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

To me the people of ...(Westboro Baptist ) are cray, cray.

They give true Christianity a bad name; Jesus had a temper...to me they are like the money changers in the Temple; and Jesus got angry and overturned the tables and had a whip; I think in the (Westboro Baptist Church) he would do the same. (Link: biblehub.com...)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
When the Westboro Baptist nutters said they were going to picket the funerals of the little Amish girls who had been gunned down in their school not too far from here, a lot of people were getting together and were going to make a 'ring' around the funeral so that the Westboro Baptist nutters couldn't get near the funerals. There were calls for volunteers (I was going to do it). Then a radio station gave the Westboro Baptist free air time .. I think it was in Texas. Something like a half hour to spew .... IF they'd leave the funerals alone. So the Westboro Baptists took them up on it. The funerals were left alone.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Time to break out the paint ball guns again.
I surprised no body ever did that. Throw in a few chocolate pumpkins in the hopper and you really got something.

But seriously, don't they have anything better to do. Go work on your self esteem issues and your inferiority complex instead of picketing funeral. Those people or the lowest common denominators.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Can we expect them to break out in song? Harmonies and everything?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Westboro should be very careful...the (Amish) have their own mafia.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
Time to break out the paint ball guns again.
I surprised no body ever did that.

HEY! I wonder if that would be legal. Paintball guns. Or water balloons? I suppose that would go over the line because you would actually be touching them. But maybe not. I wonder if there is anything like paintball guns or water balloons that doesn't actually touch them ... like stink bombs or something .... that's an interesting idea!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just got an imagine of old Fred Phelps dancing and signing with a bunch of his crazy neophytes.

Hilarious.

They won't get very far. Glee has a cult following and it's very, very popular. It would not surprise me to see at least 2 dozen other groups put a mile long wall between the picketers and that funeral.

To be honest I think Fred wants somebody to get shot at one of his protests, so that way he can claim the war has come..yady..yady..yadda..

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You ever seen that documentary called " The Wild and wonderful whites " ?

It's a documentary about a family in the west virgina county of Boone. They are a old family entrenched since the hatfield and maccoy times. But are a huge burden to the community as they seem to hold no bounds for the law, common decency, and common sense in some cases. The community sees them as the pests of their community and they can't get jobs, or proper respect in that case, cept for the droves of locals they claim to be fans.

The Westboro folk are bout the same, it's a family who's been so brainwashed and dumbed down by lack of self thinking that they'd have problems with each other if directed to do so. They are puppets of their parents and their parents and the only way to properly handle people of this manner is to ignore them.

Let their efforts go unseen, unheard, uncared about.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Glee has a cult following and it's very, very popular. It would not surprise me to see at least 2 dozen other groups put a mile long wall between the picketers and that funeral.

.. and they'll be dancing and singing to really 'gay showtunes' the whole time.
Maybe even in full broadway costumes ... with lots of feathers and bow ties and sparkles!
REALLY tick off ol' Westboro Baptist!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You can buy stink bombs at joke stores. Little packets with a glass vile in it. Break the vile inside the packet and throw. It inflates and bursts flinging harmless sticky, stinky shrapnel a couple of feet. Could prove effective.

ETA

Or this could help curb there enthusiasm.
---
Effective trick to send message.
edit on 16-7-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

To be honest I think Fred wants somebody to get shot at one of his protests, so that way he can claim the war has come..yady..yady..yadda..

~Tenth

You may be right.

Im hoping for a lot of openly gay kissing, between the protest and funeral.

It really has to unnerve Fred...............

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It really has to unnerve Fred...............

Or excite the hell out of him.

I hope everybody is respectful and they don't have to deal with any idiots on the day to remember a good friend and family member of theirs. But I'm sure the drama that the WBC will create will be very short lived.

They haven't been in the news lately, so something had to give. Oh and I bet you those two, where they his daughters(?), will probably show up and be right there at the front denying him the satisfaction.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Or excite the hell out of him.

Too Much!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Might be going out on a limb here but.. Maybe all the Westboro members need... is a hug.

Cmon now, group hug - No sly groping!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It makes my heart soar to watch as Fred Phelps becomes more and more irrelevant and increasingly in need to dig deeper and deeper to get headlines. It truly does renew my faith in humanity to watch this idiot find new ways to fail at failing.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well .... I like the idea of lighting off stink bombs and having tons of GLEE fans blocking the Westboro people from getting close by holding a mass kiss-in so the Westboro weenies can't get through. I think that would be a hoot .. and it wouldn't interrupt the funeral at all.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
And i just thought the Glee soundtrack would be enough to ward them off

top topics

<<   2 >>

join