It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Eric Holder to speak at the NAACP Convention in Orlando Today

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

No, I do not agree that Holder or Obama's opinions hold any more weight than anyone else's. Their opinions on this case did NOTHING to convince the jury to see things their way. Do they change your opinion? No.

You fail to add "RACE" into the equation. You failed to add Obama's "Opinion" into the equation, because you cant conceive that his opinion holds sway. Really?

The Presidents Opinion doesn't hold sway on those who voted for him?

Can you tell me the number of "Black Votes" Obama garnished in his Elections for President?

I cant believe anyone could say that his "Opinion' doesn't hold sway, especially when it comes down to Race.

Henry Louis Gates agrees too.....................

Why is this different? Why do you think the President and Holder should keep their thoughts to themselves on this ONE ISSUE?

Because its about Race. Its about Polarization. Yes they have Opinions. We all do. They made it their ISSUE.

Why isn't Obama having a Beer with Hispanic Zimmerman?

Tell me please..............

The President's opinion didn't make this a race issue.

Sure it does.

'If I Had A Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon"~Obama

Like the article I quoted.......

Yes, Obama's hypothetical son and Trayvon would have shared the same brown skin color. Would that have made them interchangeable? Not unless all brown-skinned boys are the same. Does the president really believe that?

The other, more troubling possibility is that the president surrendered to his political instincts. He wants disadvantaged Americans to believe that he and his family are one of them -- despite their life of unparalleled privilege -- and he wanted the prosecutors, judge and jury to believe that this was a case about race where justice demanded a guilty verdict.

So tell me, which one?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

That is the media and government's original spin on this whole issue, race. Now, Mr. Obama, says the jury has spoken and .......

"We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis,”

So watch as this all turns into a gun debate.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by FlyersFan

"I want to assure you that the Department will continue to act in a manner that is consistent with the facts and the law," Holder said.

Makes me sick. The "Law". Like Fast and Furious facts and the Law?

Really that would be a neat trick since the department of injustice is a lesson of what not to do much like the lynching of Zimmerman.

The highest LEO organization in the country!

The highest crooked organization in the country.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Who really cares about Zimmerman? Holder is 10 times the criminal Zimmerman ever was. Unbelievable that people are so focused on this propaganda trial, while the big time criminals are totally ignored.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
Who really cares about Zimmerman? Holder is 10 times the criminal Zimmerman ever was. Unbelievable that people are so focused on this propaganda trial, while the big time criminals are totally ignored.

Agree.

I would love for someone at the NAACP Convention to ask him WHY his guns are killing MINORITIES, in the World.......
edit on 16-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

You make a good point. Zimmerman killed one kid a few weeks off his 18th Birthday. He's been acquitted for that by a Jury that no one was seriously complaining about until it didn't decide their way.

Holder has been proven to have been feeding guns into an active civil war in Mexico which have, by tracing of numbers, been proven to kill a great many people so far. They keep turning up, too. Due to executive privilege bestowed upon him like a cloak, he'll never even face a serious inquiry on the topic again.

Which is the greater injustice, indeed?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I thought you would be satisfied with the verdict and move on...

Don't kid yourself. This is only getting started. The race baiters are seeing to it.

You have to realize that just as you have an opinion on this matter, so does every other person in this country. And their views and opinions are no more or less valid that yours.

Really? No kidding. I already know that. Don't talk down to me.

I don't see it your way. I don't trust that everything George Zimmerman said about the incident is true.

Obviously you don't know what way I see it. Lemme' remind you .... When the trial started I was for negligent manslaughter. By the time the trial was over I knew that the only verdict that would be by the law and not by emotional mob rule would be 'not guilty'. Not because 'I believe everything Zimmerman said'. That's a straw man failing arguement. But because the prosecution FAILED to present clear evidence that would be adequate to put a man in jail for 30 years on Murder 2 or Manslaughter.

The Justice Department is just doing what they SHOULD do.

The FBI already said it wasn't about race. The birth parents of Martin said it wasn't about race. The step mother of Martin said it wasn't about race. The lead investigator said that there wasn't anything about race. Holder is APPEASING his black brethren. That's it. And that's not how the law is supposed to work.

You may think this case has nothing to do with race, but millions of people think otherwise.

The only people making this case about race are the race baiters; the 'manufactured racism' mongers; those who want an excuse to riot or loot; and those who just want it to be a problem. I say that based on the FACTS ... what the birth parents said; what the step mother said; what the FBI said; what the investogators in Florida said.
edit on 7/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I've got to say, most of your post doesn't make any sense to me. It sounds like emotional ranting.

You fail to add "RACE" into the equation. You failed to add Obama's "Opinion" into the equation, because you cant conceive that his opinion holds sway. Really?

Sorry, what equation? I don't know what you're on about. I said what I meant to say.

The Presidents Opinion doesn't hold sway on those who voted for him?

What does that mean? That the people who voted for Obama are going to agree with him? Maybe they do, but not because he shared his opinion. But because they feel that way, too.

Can you tell me the number of "Black Votes" Obama garnished in his Elections for President?

No, I can't. What is a "black vote"? Are you asking how many black people voted for Obama? I don't know the answer.

I cant believe anyone could say that his "Opinion' doesn't hold sway, especially when it comes down to Race.

I don't even know what you mean "hold sway". With whom? I don't even understand the point you're trying to make. I guess you think Obama should shut up and not give his opinion on race. Why not? Why is it different than any other subject?

Henry Louis Gates agrees too.....................

I don't know who that is, so your point is lost on me.

Because its about Race. Its about Polarization. Yes they have Opinions. We all do. They made it their ISSUE.

Why is race a taboo subject? Obama has opinions on abortion, gay marriage, gun control and any number of "polarizing issues"... You can't blame the polarization on Obama. We are guilty of that.

Why isn't Obama having a Beer with Hispanic Zimmerman?

Tell me please..............

That's a stupid question. I'm sorry, your rant is beyond my comprehension.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I guess my discussion with you on this is Over.

Race is an issue with this President, and time and time again he has shown that he will inject his "opinion" to further his personal Agendas, concerning RACE.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I guess my discussion with you on this is Over.

Race is an issue with this President, and time and time again he has shown that he will inject his "opinion" to further his personal Agendas, concerning RACE.

Peace

' If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon'...

with the 90% + african american vote for the guy who said that.

The DOJ insisting to push race.

The media sensationalism of race

Everything said was spot on.

As the ZT is political manipulation from the GET GO.

Or political machination.

I have a dream, that someday a man will be judged by the content of the character than a vote for me!

We're not there yet.
edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Why shouldn't he? He "injects" his personal opinion on MANY subjects, including other controversial topics. So have many other presidents. Yes, race is an issue with him. Race is an issue with me. Race is an issue in this country, believe it or not.
edit on 7/16/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Race is an issue in this country, believe it or not.

But it isn't an issue with the Zimmerman case.
EXCEPT for the race baiters who are trying to interject it into the situation.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its a shame that people don't remember Obama has done this in the past, and to play it off as naivety......

There was no acrimony – nor apology – from any of the three: black Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr., white Cambridge, Mass., police Sgt. James Crowley, who had arrested him for disorderly conduct, and Obama, who declared on national TV that the police had "acted stupidly." But neither Gates nor Crowley backtracked either, agreeing they still had differences.

Beer Summit Begins: Obama Sits Down With Crowley, Gates

No Media spin, No "RACE" brownie points here folks.................Just Beer, right?

link   
So the women got it wrong?

and they need a 'man' Holder to do it right!

Because like it or not that is what it looks like.
edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
But it isn't an issue with the Zimmerman case.

I think it is. And so do a lot of people. Not necessarily that George Zimmerman is a racist.

Here's how race is an issue in the Zimmerman case: If the races had been reversed, and a black man shot an unarmed non-black teen, the black man would have been arrested immediately, not 45 days later, under great pressure from the whole country.

And I suspect a black man would have been found guilty in a court of law.

You call people "race baiters"... You always have to have a derogatory name to call people. That doesn't help the discussion. Names never do. But try as you might, you can't just sweep it under the rug and hope it will go away. This discussion is going to happen. There is a racial problem in this country and SOME people think this case has something to do with it. Call them names all you want, but they have a right to their opinion.

Incidentally, I don't think the DOJ can prove that Zimmerman killed Trayvon BECAUSE he's black. I don't think he did. But the fact that LE just took Zimmerman's word for it, even though a kid lay dead on the ground, is a PROBLEM and illustrates an underlying racism in the justice system.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

sigh here we go again www.leg.state.fl.us.../0776/0776.html

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.— (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant. (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful. (3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).
he has immunity from civil trials because when you successfully plead self defense and are ruled not guilty you get immunity from said civil suits

as to the chances of a civil rights trial the only charge from them that has even a tiny chance is to charge Zimmerman with a hate crime,and as the fbi seems to think at least by early indications that he was in fact not a racist person(at least against African Americans)
www.kcci.com...

"For a federal hate crime, we have to prove the highest standard in the law," Holder said in April 2012, 45 days after Zimmerman shot the African American teenager in what was depicted by civil rights groups as a racially motivated killing. In words that now sound prescient, Holder described to reporters that day how "something that was reckless, that was negligent does not meet that standard." "We have to show that there was specific intent to do the crime with requisite state of mind," he said. Read more: www.kcci.com...

furthermore from same link

However, legal experts make the same point Holder did last year in saying the law limits the federal government's options. Because Zimmerman is a private citizen, he can only be charged with a hate crime in terms of civil rights violations under federal law, said David Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor in Florida who now is in private practice. To successfully prosecute Zimmerman, the Department of Justice would have to show that Zimmerman "caused the death of Trayvon Martin solely motivated by/because of his race or color," Weinstein told CNN in an e-mail, adding: "This element was absent from the state trial and quite frankly doesn't exist." Read more: www.kcci.com...
so as Zimmerman was not a police officer and not an agent of the federal/state government it is unlikely that hate crime charges will stick as the reason the Rodney king officers(two of the four) were charged with violating civil rights under the color of authority and as Zimmerman is not a police officer it makes it much much harder to prove

www.theblaze.com... another link but i wont quote it as ive done that enough in this reply but it does not seem likely that they will get a conviction for hate crime and that it would have an identical result as his criminal trial and be another not guilty verdict

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If the races had been reversed, and a black man shot an unarmed non-black teen, the black man would have been arrested immediately, not 45 days later, under great pressure from the whole country. And I suspect a black man would have been found guilty in a court of law.

that's a lot of speculation and assumption on your part. And obviously Zimmerman shouldn't have been arrested and charged with Murder 2 .... there wasn't enough evidence to call for it. So the prosecution bowed to mob mentality emotions and arrested and tried to convict someone based on no evidence. Not exactly how a country is supposed to be run .... no matter what 'color' a person is.

You call people "race baiters"... You always have to have a derogatory name to call people.

It's an accurate description. Nothing Al Sharpton ever does helps a situation. He's a race baiter.

But try as you might, you can't just sweep it under the rug and hope it will go away.

You are interjecting the false notion that people want to 'sweep under the rug' all discussions on race relations in this country when in fact the situation being discussed is Zimmerman trial which had nothing to do with race until the race baiters interjected it. That's two separate things .. no matter how much you try to make them into one thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
touch.baltimoresun.com.../-1/article/p2p-76679771/ sadly travon's supporters are sure making it hard for people to support his cause with actions like this,stuff like this will just keep egging the situation on until explodes all over again and we end up having another trial of a Hispanic man shooting a African American man because the Hispanic man feared for his life

Baltimore police say they are investigating a witness account that a group of black youths beat a Hispanic man near Patterson Park Sunday while saying, "This is for Trayvon." A witness posted the account on a community Facebook page, and police confirmed they are looking into whether the suspects' reaction to the verdict in the Florida trial of George Zimmerman played a part in the incident. A police report on the beating does not mention the alleged comments. Sgt. Eric Kowalczyk, a police spokesman, declined to go into further detail. In a post that drew nearly 50 comments on Facebook, real estate agent Christina Dudley said she was walking to her car just before 9 p.m. when she saw several young black males and two black females chasing a 37-year-old Hispanic man west on North Linwood Avenue past East Fairmont Avenue. "One of the boys had a handgun out and it was pointed at the back of him," Dudley said in an interview. They caught up to the man at the corner of Fairmount and N. Streeper Street, and the male with the gun beat the victim with what appeared to be his gun while others kicked and stomped him, Dudley said.
this is why i laugh when i hear people demanding justice for travon,when their actions are like this but they demand justice i have to laugh at the horrible thought processes they are using

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Thank you. I stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

These kids were arrested, right? Yeah, people do stupid things, but when they attack someone, they get arrested, Unless that "someone" is black.

And don't put all "trayvon supporters" into one basket. They do not think with one mind. And all should not be judged by the actions of a few.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join