It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the women of ATS.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Exactly what kind of man are you attracted to? Be completely honest, don't say what you think will make you look good, okay? I'm just curious, because I've gotten a lot of different opinions on the subject.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm obviously not a female but I still have to jump in here and point out a simple fact.. Women, and also of course men, are attracted to completely different thing's. No single sex is going to be attracted to the exact same thing and nothing more or less, there's perfectly healthy and natural variation there just as there is with us guys in regards to females too. I would've thought this to be nothing short of common knowledge and you yourself even said in your opening post there the following: "I've gotten a lot of different opinions on the subject."

So please forgive me here and perhaps It's not even my place to say, but I'm really not understanding the point of this. It seem's like an awfully flawed and vague question to throw out here.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Just trying to get down to the bottom of the whole "women are only attracted to X type of guy" opinion that gets thrown around so much.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

I guess that women generally are attracted by the type S or E or P.

edit on 16-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: P

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

And, what do you mean by that?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

I guess that women generally are attracted by the type S or E or P.

edit on 16-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: P

Do you mean sexual, emotive or physical Pie?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

$,€,£ .

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

$,€,£ .

Ehhhh oui!!

How to shut two gobs up at the same time... i just love French subtility

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I'm just curious, because I've gotten a lot of different opinions on the subject.

You have kind of answered your own question there. You will get different answers from different people based on their experiences.

Some people have the Idea that woman are attracted to guys who are trouble. Leading the more weak minded men to say "boo hoo I'm too nice"

Well sorry but its not as simple as that :-)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I agree with RA.

For example - last year I was dating the 'Iron Stallion' - a beautiful British Soldier, his body was perfection and he is a 'nice' bloke.

However, there were no 'sparks' between us - and I'm now, currently, sort of 'in love' with an older, 'not so stunning' guy, who isn't really as 'nice' as other guys - but hey - we have some sort of chemistry goin on

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I agree with RA.

For example - last year I was dating the 'Iron Stallion' - a beautiful British Soldier, his body was perfection and he is a 'nice' bloke.

However, there were no 'sparks' between us - and I'm now, currently, sort of 'in love' with an older, 'not so stunning' guy, who isn't really as 'nice' as other guys - but hey - we have some sort of chemistry goin on

I hope Mr not so stunning doesn't ever read your ATS posts, or you'll be back to Mr Right Hand me thinks.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi OP and Everyone,
Fair question I suppose...no judgement here.
I've had enough relationships to wonder about 'attraction' too.
Sometimes I have been immediately attracted to someone...almost like a force that was 'bigger than both of us', lol. When my ex-husband and I first saw each other, I felt an electric-type current run through me (a physical feeling) that I had never experienced before. (He ended up being the worst thing that ever happened to me, but in a strange way it also felt like our souls were connected in a way that I could never understand).

Eventually I realized that, with each relationship, there had been qualities in each individual that I had loved. But none of them had ALL the qualities I loved/wanted/needed....if that makes sense? Finding one person who has them all...has been....well, unsuccessful. (I believe that everyone has 'something' lovable/attractive within).

Not all women are gold-diggers....not all are looking for a knight in shining armor. Some aren't even "looking"...yet attraction happens.

These days I tell my daughters that physical attraction is not enough to sustain a relationship. In the long run, you need a best friend...a partner who cares FOR you and ABOUT you. Oh....and also, to be aware of those "electric shock" eye contact moments, lol. (A rapid heartbeat isn't good for the long run either).
jacygirl

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm obviously not a chic but I'd like to chime in.

Women are basically attracted to two types of men.

The "macho" man or the "bad boy". They exude masculinity, which females are naturally attracted to. Attracted to them because they are strong. Kind of like in the animal kingdom, females typically go for the biggest and strongest for reproductive purposes, for healthier babies to carry on the genes.

Then there's the sensitive guy. Women are attracted to him because he offers the emotional attention and support that a woman desires. He would be great at helping with the child rearing.

It's ironic that during ovulation, when they are most receptive, women are attracted more to the "bad boy".
While normally, they may feel more attraction to the sensitive guy.

Understand, this is not true with all females and is a broad generalization because everyone is different.
edit on 16-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Depends on age as well, I believe.
When I was younger, 18 or so, I went for the handsome bad boy. Blonde, tall, wild, no fear, reckless. Needless to say, that turned ugly pretty fast and almost made me lose trust in any man.

But thanks to him, I met a great man. Handsome, but completely opposite of the ex. Dark hair, only my height, but more muscular and even had hair on his chest. LOL. Thank the goddess he is patient, because he was so nice, I made him wait several years before marrying him. I kept waiting for the "other" side of him to come out. He didn't have one.

Women change what they want, especially after bad relationships. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

I just got very, very lucky the second time around!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

How to shut two gobs up at the same time... i just love French subtility
Les motivations des femmes...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm attracted to someone with a good sense of humor, who isn't a slob- takes care of themselves and doesn't live in a pile of filth, and who isn't going to cheat.

Just some basics, however, I've never found all three of those traits in one man as of yet.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Bottom line is that most relationships end at one point or another. I'd go for an honest, kind and compassionate, thoughtful man with a good sense of humor. Had a great marraige with a man with some wonderful attributes and after 34 years he wants out.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Exactly what kind of man are you attracted to?

I'm too old to have those kind of 'stirrings' (hat tip to Jack Sparrow in Pirates 4) and to be looking around. I am in a very comfortable long term relationship. I'm in something that fits perfectly. Fits my husband and fits me. We were made for each other. Really. So I guess I would have to say that I'm attracted to who fits me and who works best with me. That'd be my husband.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Dave I've always found that the men who have been most attractive to me are the ones with a wicked sense of humor. I've never really been drawn to the big, muscular types or men with lots of money- I tend to be drawn to "blue collar" types with calloused hands that like to do outdoors stuff for fun. I must admit however that I, as well as the rest of the women in my family, all have a physical attraction to men with sexy "salt and peppered" hair- don't really know why (it's not a "daddy' fixation, my dad is bald).

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm married and this is what I was looking for. Just like men, women look for different things when they're ready to settle down vs. just dating and having fun.

1). Christian. First and foremost. It's horrible being in a relationship where someone teases you for your faith. Having someone who understands your faith is important.

2). Highly intelligent. There is something very sexy about a man who carries himself well intellectually. My hubby doesn't have some Ivy League education but dang it if he isn't the smartest man I've ever been with. The man seemingly knows everything!

3). Strong character and integrity. The type who would return a lost wallet filled with money or help someone with a flat tire. This is my favorite thing about my husband. He has one of the strongest characters I've ever seen- always tries to do the right thing no matter what.

4). A true family man and good provider. See Kanye West's song.
One who would rather be at Six Flags with his wife and kids than a bar with his buddies and one who is professionally motivated.

5). A good blend of affection and independence. This is important for single guys to understand. Just like you wouldn't want an unobtainable, emotionally detached girl OR a Clinging Mimi who calls you 20 times a day. Everyone wants a little bit of a challenge and nobody wants a doormat.

In short, Christian, intelligent, one who walks in integrity, independent but loving, and a good family man and provider. Looks, sense of humor, dress style, sexual prowess, political beliefs, hobbies, etc. are bonus/optional.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join