It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Torture Murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
When I read about this a few years ago the article I read said the the perps actually admitted to the police that they did it because they were white.

I don't think hate crime charges were brought against them.

That has been a very continuous point in this case. Many things where said by law enforcement (even on the federal level) that has been retracted. The mother once stated that believed it started as a carjacking, then developed into a hate crime.

"If this wasn't a hate crime, then I don't know how you would define a hate crime," said Mary Newsom, Christopher's mother. "It may have started out as a carjacking, but what it developed into was blacks hating whites. To do the things they did, they would have to hate them to do that."
www.chicagotribune.com

Of course her opinion didn't matter as much as Martin's mother.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

It was to my understanding that the LEO were to keep very mum on this case due to the severity and heinousness of the crime. The race factor is also a large influence, they didn't want a certain group to have a worse stigma than that they had already had. - Which could explain why Holder made that asinine decision. smh.
edit on 15-7-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's a very sad thing happened to Channon Christian and Chris Newsom. My deepest feelings are with them. I never blame their parents because Politics and Religion both destroying the value of Humanity , before we being a Christian or Bud-dist or Muslim we are Human beings. politics and religions are corrupting Society . imagine what happens when anti virus turn into a VIRUS. ,, Well, I'm a Muslim but I'm ready to fight with Christians against the rodents which shows in the video below ,

God you have created me as a human from the first day of my worldly life'' I'm a human at the inside and the outside . I will fight anti humans nevertheless of Religion. God give me a chance to protect someone. just look inside this article. BE WARE GRAPHIC IMAGE..
[snipped]
edit on 15-7-2013 by newincubus because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jul 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: link removed by staff

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by newincubus

You are a Muslim? That is good. I would like to meet someone like you some day to discuss our beliefs. I was raised Roman Catholic, I got mad at school and went to Baptist Church. I even got madder last year and went to a Morman Church considering converting. My dearest closest person in my heart was a African American guy that I hired to work for me. He was a Muslim and I absolutley loved him. We worked in the deep south collecting money and he was scarred because a lot of our customers were in trailors with rebel flags. He asked me to ride with him because he was intimidated, I walked in the doors of these homes and said this is my brother. He died a few years ago from diabetes. I will never forget him and loved him dearly. I know I will see him in heaven. I have never met anyone else so close to me since.
RIP Shannon

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just to add, I have lost many close friends but Shannon I can say I would have gave my life for him. Now that is a true friend.

<< 1   >>

join