It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Dinosaur...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Several years ago, probably in 1996 or 97, I came upon a story that consited of two sentences and said something to the effect of...

"Footprints were discovered in (cannot remember the location) of an unknown dinosaur. The creature was estimated to be over a 1,000 feet judging from the footprints."

That's basically all it said and that story vanished not long after I found it. I have never been able to find anything else about it. Any ideas?...

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Maybe it disappeared because they found out it was a hoax.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I find it seriously hard to believe that any mobile living creature on this planet could reach 1000 feet in length. Such an animal would not be able to support its own weight, and would burn so much energy just keeping itself alive (pumping blood, breathing, running normal bodily functions) that it would need to consume thousands of tons of food daily.

It is true that during the carboniferrous period, around 340 to 290 million years in the past, the global oxygen level was much higher than it is now, upwards of 35% total oxygen concentration, and that allowed certain animals to maintain a very large physical size. (My personal favorite is the example of the dragonfly with the 12 foot wingspan).

However, pure mechanics dictates a maximum size for a mobile living creature, and I believe that was reached by the Sauroposiedon dinosaur, found in Oklahoma in 1994. This creature was over 60 feet long and weighed over 60 tons, which would be about the max for a mobile land animal to make.

www.geocities.com...

The largest known animal on the planet is the Blue Whale, which averages around 80 feet in length, but have been known to go over 100 feet in lenth, and weigh up to 110 tons. However, this size is only possible due to the fact that its weight is displaced by its water environment, and it would be crushed to death on dry land by its own weight.

www.acsonline.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
maybe it is the lock ness

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Spyder....(Okay look I'm not going to flame because its illegal, wrong, mean, and it will get me banned. But let me just say that posts like this that I find uhm...''Annoying''....REALLY make me angry).....How would the lock ness monster be 1000 feet tall and not be spotted all the time? Second, if its the lock ness monster, why would it have FOOT PRINTS on the land? It doesn't have feet and its an ocean dweller. I seriously hope this was meant as a joke because if it wasen't, you are a.....Uhg...I'll....I'll refrain...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooey
Spyder....(Okay look I'm not going to flame because its illegal, wrong, mean, and it will get me banned. But let me just say that posts like this that I find uhm...''Annoying''....REALLY make me angry).....How would the lock ness monster be 1000 feet tall and not be spotted all the time? Second, if its the lock ness monster, why would it have FOOT PRINTS on the land? It doesn't have feet and its an ocean dweller. I seriously hope this was meant as a joke because if it wasen't, you are a.....Uhg...I'll....I'll refrain...

I think this is an obscure post that got bumped up from like 3 years ago!! how did you even find this post?!?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wow.. 4 year thread people, move along. Nothing to see here.
I've never heard of any creature of that immense size, and umm I have to agree that ummm, this umm could not have been that uhhh...Loch Ness Monster...

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A 1000 foot long dinosaur is impossible. It would be crushed under it's own weight.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAD Hatt3r
A 1000 foot long dinosaur is impossible. It would be crushed under it's own weight.

Even a 1000 foot snake-like dinosaur ?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Uh yeah, duh!
It doesn't matter what shape it is, if its a living creature that is 1000 feet long it would get crushed to death under it's own weight.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Uh yeah, duh!
It doesn't matter what shape it is, if its a living creature that is 1000 feet long it would get crushed to death under it's own weight.

Even if it was only like 1 foot diameter ?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Uh yeah, duh!

Even if it was only like 1 foot diameter ?

lol maybe, depends how high it is

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
screw this 1000 foot dinosaur, i wanna hear about the 2000 foot dinosaur! anyone got the article on that one?!?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
yer we want the 2,000 foot dino lol, and 1000 foot, so could it not be lizard like, shape of a sting ray type body, long....very long and flat, skinny skin, wouldnt weight alot, strong bone structure, lots of legs, it could happen, i just think the chances are 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. and thats being optimistic.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
lol yeah! w00t for the 2000 ft. dinosaur!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Although only the back vertebrae, tibia, a few fragmentary ribs, and the sacrum of this dinosaur have been recovered, paleontologists believe Argentinosaurus is the largest dinosaur of them all.
100 metric tons of burning love.

www.factmonster.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have heard about this too. Didn't scientists think that the dinosaur terrorised what is now New York?
They created a picture of it too based on data they discovered. Its only an approximation and so is not entirely like the real thing...

There has been dispute however because some scientists found other specimens and concluded this dinosaur actually carried itself in a more vertical position and terrorised Japan.... and was generally much cooler than the one that attacked America.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Mad props and mad lullz to the bladezmeister. I don't even know why im posting here, but since no one-liners are allowed... umm.... Godzilla would totally own King Kong in a real fight.

join