It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Sunday protest largest human demonstration in history

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

I don't think the Egyptian people expected the Muslim Brotherhood to slither their way into power..

The same govt who in turn wanted to destroy what is left of ancient Egypt because it's existence is blasphemy in their eyes..

I understand why they are so furious.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-7-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Posted this in another thread and conversation, but thought you all here would like it as well:

Ok my Egyptian friend sent a more detailed reply. According to ATS T&C I can't quote her directly because she's not a member, so I'll paraphrase and make some edits......a Native Muslim Egyptian's Explanation on the Situation....

Egyptians first uprise or revolution was for 'bread,freedom,and social justice'
Meaning economy,democracy,and social justice.
After losing martyrs,suffering injuries and economic deterioration, we've gone through referendums,elections and a #ty state of unrest. Until we reached presedential elections where in the first phase,the candidates failed to form coallitions and they were new to the political arena and had no public base.whereas the muslim brotherhood have always been engaged in community service and over the years have gained the loyalty of the poor and uneducated (the majority) and have also gained the sympathy of the people because they were constantly persecuted and tortured by the mubarak regime.They also hid behind religion which is always a winning card in a conservative country like Egypt with a majority of muslims.

Based on these factors and their amazing ability to rally people and to unite and present one candidate and allocate all their resources just to make one of them...ANY one of them win, they were able to go through the parliament elections and go through to the second stage of the presidential elections.

At that stage we were faced by 2 horrible choices.Either Shafiq who is basically a candidate of the regime we've just toppled , or Morsi who is a candidate of the muslim brotherhood.

So in addition to the people that were rallied by the muslimbrotherhood, the majority preferred to take their chances with the muslimbrotherhood morsi. It seemed like the lesser of the bad choices at the time.

In fact we had hopes that electing a candidate who belongs to a strong party, can help fight the deep and strong cottuption of the previous regime .

Unill one year later we have had enough ranting from morsi,arrigance from his party,hectic and irrational decisiins and actions.we had no electricity,ni water, no gas for cars,prices sky high,no real police protection...basically there's no country...in addition to other major catastrophies like the Ethiopian dam..etc..then on wednesday he ranted some more for 2 and a half hours and saying nothing that could calm the public...so we finally had it and took to the streets. INCLUDING the masses who were against mubarak being toppled.people who couldnt care less an extremist ruling and also many who took to the streets are christians ! So please tell your friend to unplug his ears, and maybe try to listen,read, and understand before forming his opinion.

Hope that gives a better perspective for us westerners.....she was quite upset when I started discussing the whole situation there.....and here I am in Canada.....celebrating Canada Day. A stark contrast.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Protect the Border with Israel??? I don't understand why the Israeli border needs US protection if the people are unhappy with their leader.....

Israel seems to bark like a big dog out there, and should be able to protect it's own border from riots and or protestors.

The US pours enormous amounts of money into both the Egyptian and Israeli military, and as far as I know both of those organizations still exist and are more than capable of taking care of the regional issues at hand.

This seems a little strange to me, and I really couldn't help have this pop in my head.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ifeelsohigh

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh
The numbers are staggering even if it isn't 14 million it's a lot of people.

Question - didn't these people do the same thing a couple years ago? Didn't they oust a president and elect this guy and now they're pissed off at him?

Wow.

So is it the government or are Egyptians just a fickle bunch of people?

The Muslim brotherhood are nothing but an organization of criminals. I am an Egyptian living in Egypt right now, all Mursi did was promise us a lot and do nothing. He took all the problems we had with Mubarak, magnified them and added more problems. He #ed up the whole country. We warned him in April, that on the 30th of June, we will mass protest against him if he doesn't fix him ways and act on his promises. He didn't change a thing, we gave him the yellow card in April now its time for the red one. Off the court he goes.

Two presidents who ruled before Mubarak said, that they tried to talk with the Muslim brotherhood, tried to please them, only to find out that all the Muslim brotherhood wants is power and authority, they don't give a damn about the country. Therefore they were oppressed for such a long time, until Mubarak was ousted. Now that they are in power, they have proved that they truly need to be oppressed and a lot of them thrown back in prison. The Muslim brotherhood in Egypt is now fighting for survival.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Laser protests in Egypt

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Frankly, we're hearing waaaay too much on the news about this Zimmerman trial, and not enough about this amazing situation in Egypt.

edit on 2-7-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ahhh so THIS is why my buddy in the Air Force has been training for an African deployment since last fall.....

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Connector

So basically after the fall of mubarak the people had the choice between a candidate from the old regime or another guy who promised change they could believe in. So they went for change. But the new guy started power grabbing as soon as in office. He followed the same politics like the old guy, maybe even worse.
He suppresses free press and deploys the army and police against his own people.

Seems to me i know this story from another country... Just can't put my finger on it right now.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
this is day 0. has anyone heard anything from egypt yet as regards the military and the gov? are we experincing a blackout of info from there? we need info from people living there. is their internet down again? what's going on??

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Just heard the military is giving mursi a 48hours time limit to take back politics or step down.
If the military is against him, he is done.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84
reply to post by undo

Just heard the military is giving mursi a 48hours time limit to take back politics or step down.

"IF" being the unknown here. and it's already passed the 48 hour mark and suddenly, everything is quiet. what's going on there? at this very moment, millions of people could be undergoing a holocaust of epic proportions. they already proved that they only need to shut down the internet to stop people from getting the word out.

we need updates from people who are actually there, RIGHT NOW. not yesterday

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ozoman

The Muslim brotherhood are nothing but an organization of criminals. I am an Egyptian living in Egypt right now, all Mursi did was promise us a lot and do nothing. He took all the problems we had with Mubarak, magnified them and added more problems. He #ed up the whole country. We warned him in April, that on the 30th of June, we will mass protest against him if he doesn't fix him ways and act on his promises. He didn't change a thing, we gave him the yellow card in April now its time for the red one. Off the court he goes.

Two presidents who ruled before Mubarak said, that they tried to talk with the Muslim brotherhood, tried to please them, only to find out that all the Muslim brotherhood wants is power and authority, they don't give a damn about the country. Therefore they were oppressed for such a long time, until Mubarak was ousted. Now that they are in power, they have proved that they truly need to be oppressed and a lot of them thrown back in prison. The Muslim brotherhood in Egypt is now fighting for survival.

The MB are not just "criminals" they were huge supporters of Hitler and sheltered Nazis after the war. But everybody knows that, right? I mean an organization that placed their future hopes in Hitler's ideology, then lost, is not a good bet for anyone except fanatics.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84
reply to post by undo

The 48 hours started yesterday at 5pm Egypt's time, 3pm GMT.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

@CNN, @CNNI, @CNNBRK, @MSNBC, @CBSNews, @FoxNews, @NBCNews. Not one tweet sent out about Egypt from any of these accounts today. Now I don't watch TV so I can't verify if they have aired coverage on cable but if your news source are any of these stations like I'm sure for many Americans it is you wouldn't of known about this mass demonstration!

Now that is a conspiracy if I ever saw one, to cover up by failure to disclose, the largest demonstration in world history. Hilarious.

Bu bye lamestream media, you're toast now.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

The U.S. media has been pretty quiet about the latest demonstrations by the Egyptian people. It's about time SOMEBODY stood up to the Islamists that don't want to include everybody in the political process. It's galled me how our Government has been sucking up to the Morsi's power grab.

I hope and pray the Egyptian people get what they really desire this time...... Good luck to you. Even though Morsi tried to side line the Military, it looks like the Military is behind the people....
edit on 2-7-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It was on CNN today. Not too bad of coverage but no where near the amount of the Zimmerman trial. ***Sighs***

Ya' know, even if only half of the unpmteen million estimated are really there, it gives cause for hope. Somebody, somewhere, enmass has enough guts to say they don't like whatever is going on and screw the machinations of outside influence. Even better, they did this a while back and got the short end of the stick - so they are back.

I may not be Egyptian or have a dog in the fight but anybody giving 'em h*** like this is alright in my book. Matter of fact, I am heading out to protest right now! Of course, I live in the boonies but I will go stand where my driveway finally meets up with the road and yell some stuff. I am guessing it won't make CNN.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jumadax

Originally posted by ifeelsohigh
The numbers are staggering even if it isn't 14 million it's a lot of people.

Question - didn't these people do the same thing a couple years ago? Didn't they oust a president and elect this guy and now they're pissed off at him?

Wow.

So is it the government or are Egyptians just a fickle bunch of people?

your ignorance is beyond laughable

Morsi received 51% of the vote, and that was 13.2 million voters

in the eyes of the people who started the 2011 revolution, hardly anyone of them voted for him. yet they oust Mubarak and then they lose the revolution to the MB

most egyptians knew the elections were a farce, managed by the zionists and elites, the same guys who elect US presidents.

The egyptians are after true freedom and democracy, and they are going after it
edit on 1-7-2013 by Jumadax because: (no reason given)

Lord forbid someone doesn't know something and is asking to learn. Don't be a tool. It's a valid question.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
POWER TO PEOPLE!!

14 million of 84 million egyptians

Meanwhile Americans read the headlines in envy

Seriously America, stop waiting on Snowden to save your Nation

GO EGYPT!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
POWER TO PEOPLE!!

Seriously America, stop waiting on Snowden to save your Nation

problem with that is:

1. obama would then say it was an attack on his presidency (and as a result, government support) and rally the democrats, to his aid. he's been using racism like nobody's business, to stifle criticism of his ideas.

2. americans would end up in massive violent clashes, and our "allies" would be called upon to help put down the insurrection. this would open the door to kill, imprison and/or enslave millions.

no thanks. it won't be all friendly like it is in egypt. we are TPTB's muscle and patsy to blame everything on. they won't take kindly to us actually interfering with their future plans in such a way. in fact, it would be mass genocide.
edit on 3-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join