It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs: Are Investigators Missing the Whole Picture?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Thank you for the story, Mindless.

That is a huge orb!! Great find!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cvsouth

Well, I don't think we can say this was caused from the flash of the camera because we don't use flash in the daytime.

It appears you have an "angel" riding on your shoulder, and a bigger one over the water, watching out for the fish.
Maybe protecting them from your hook.
Or it could have been working in YOUR favor to get the fish to you.

Did you catch any? Just curious.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

glad you enjoyed it. there are lots of em in all the video i took in there. i had 2 other small crappier cameras set up too, you can see them a bit from other angles but not as clear. next time i'm there i'll be bringing several good cameras! one went flying in through my (shut) front door and in a circle around my living room. i was filming, and it time-stretched the video but didn't show up in it.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

i was thinkin the same thing lol, were they there for him or the fish?! lol either way they were there checking things out.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That is funny you ask that actually because I never usually catch anything but it was just after catching a monster and in the hour that followed this photo being taken, I caught another three fish one after another !! They were my 4 biggest fish ever all in the space of about an hour... It was magical.
edit on 28-6-2013 by cvsouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
on any given night i can take video of hundreds of them flying in my living room, i think they are pollen or dust..

I have a picture of a solid orb that materialized in my living room too..want to see that one
?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Great post. It is usually pretty pointless to try and convince anyone of anything when they refuse to be open to things. I have some pics I took at a haunted house in Galveston called The Stewart Mansion which has a pretty rich history. You should look it up. I have caught numerous orbs and when there I heard many things that made it seem like people were there in other rooms upstairs when they weren't.
I'll keep this short, so here are some pics. Notice the center points within the orbs.
(I also took pictures after having performed a lesser banishing ritual and there were NO orbs.)

edit on 28-6-2013 by itsallintheegg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallintheegg

The orb coming out of the door in your second picture almost seems to feel /look angry.

Just kind of an observation that popped out at me when I was looking at it.
edit on 28-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Yes, well the history of the mansion is that it is an indian burial ground, as well as a place pirates murdered many people, and the son of the Stewarts allegedly killed his parents and stuffed them in the walls.
When there I could not help but feel very scared even though I am not prone to feeling that way when there is no reason to. I have many other pics but it would take forever to upload. I will however upload one I find very odd..

[IMG=http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6454/0vwf.jpg][/IMG]

This photo is in no way doctored. When I took it there was no white fuzz at all. Also, the electricity had been shut off for about a decade. I have no idea what it is. (Cant get the link to show in post)
edit on 28-6-2013 by itsallintheegg because: typo

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

That is interesting.

Reminds me of a rib cage, and then something in me says the heart of the building. I dunno where this is located within the building, but at one point it was very important, and still holds the energy that once flowed through it. Perhaps they electrocuted people there.

Weird stuff, thank you for sharing!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by E†E
on any given night i can take video of hundreds of them flying in my living room, i think they are pollen or dust..

I have a picture of a solid orb that materialized in my living room too..want to see that one
?

Yes, please bring it on!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Wow! A real haunted house!

Great pics! I'm happy to hear you sent them on their way. They sometimes need help to cross over.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Looks like ectoplasm: a form of dense energy liberated by living things which is believed to make possible the materialization of ghosts.

Great catch! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Here is a picture capturing three orbs taken during a paranormal investigation of a house I lived in in Sugarloaf, California in 2010. In this image, the red selection box shows the original position of the face. The green shows the copied face scaled. The blue shows the face scaled and highlighted:
edit on 29-6-2013 by Elbereth because: fix

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

WHOA![/COLOR]

That is freaky! That one in the blue looks terrified! Sort of like this...

Wow! I appreciate you sharing those. Can't deny the face in those!

edit on 6/29/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

its the Picture040.jpg - top right corner
tossed in a few more to share on the subject, Ill attempt to make a small vid tonight, see if they want to do a little show for you guys

Folder link
silent-company.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by E†E

Those are some nice orb pics!

What is the story behind them?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think orbs will almost always be written off simply because there are so many natural/mechanical phenoma that can cause them - it is nearly impossible to tease apart spirit orbs from non-spirit orbs. At best, we can talk probabilities.

I have two orb stories to share, though. One was a series of pictures taken the night my (then to-be) husband was going out for his bachelor party. I was at his sisters house and taking pictures of him and some of his buddies before they headed out. In every picture that had my husband, there were two orbs... no more, no less. In photos without him, no orbs. Chances are, it was coincidence.... but we liked to think it might have been his parents (who are deceased, and were at the time too) watching over him that night.

The other orb incident was one that I had mentioned her on ATS before. It happened maybe a month or two ago. It was on my baby's monitor (which is basically a night vision camera). I saw an "orb" float by the monitor. I've seen dust on the monitor before, kicked up when she rolls over or the AC turns on... but not very often (I keep a tidy house, I swear!) But this orb was different because it was flashing as it went by. Very strange! Not sure what that was. It wasn't a bug, that's for sure... Could it have been a spirit? I don't know. It was just weird, but i have no way to tell what it was.

Thanks for the orb thread! I think orbs get the shaft!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I cannot find any direct information on the net about the topic ATM, but I seems to me that there is a problem with taking digital photos under certain low light conditions that causes the camera to “drop out” colors, causing an orb. Basically, the camera can't figure out how to color that area, so it just makes a white blob.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am still undecided on orbs. I have experienced them, and experimented a little with capturing some on film.

I think that most are dust particles in the air. I say this, because in most of the images I have seen, the orbs are one dimensional. Meaning, they are always in the foreground. Notice how you never see part of one, say halfway behind a piece of furniture? That, of course is not conclusive by any means and I have seen a few that seem way too intricate to be a piece of fluff reflecting light.

I took a picture in my family room...captured a couple of small traditional orbs and then hit the couch in front of me with my foot and again took a picture. The room was suddenly full of them. Again...leads me to think that most are dust.

However...as said in the OP: Just because some or even most can be disproven, does not mean they do not exist.

Here is a picture taken in my church during a program. Some I could write off as dust, but check out the one on the tip of my hand:

Here is a close-up:

So...I am still open on the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join