It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests planned across the country July 4 - Restore the 4th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ill be at champaign IL for these protest! Everyone should try to attend if one is close I'm driving half an hour to make it to this one.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The government has pushed us too far and this needs to go viral and we Brits need to do the same as our brothers and sisters over the pond. UNITE is the answer and we can get so much publicity from local news reporters to support our cause. The government are scared of a mass protest but people need to understand that we don't want trouble or violence. Could we setup an occupy in the UK too?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
If we try to rise against the corrupt governments they will brand us as terrorists and we will lose our friends and family. They want to silence us and use every form of intimidation. Even our so called friends and neighbors will tell the government that they see unusual behavior as they are still asleep and have been brain washed into doing the dirty work and spy on us lot. We are part of the resistance so we need to be strong together, stop fighting each other on here and work as one. Also we need to support one another and let people know if your in trouble.

This is good advise but chances are if you got into trouble out there you wouldn't have access to in here. But there does seem to be a majority opinion within this site that people feel the government strong arms people too often and is out of control.

We were given the rights we have and the power to sustain them (speak out, demonstrate, etc) When we allow any of these powers to be taken, even a little bit, we give away our defense. That's happening now. Is been happening for awhile with or without our approval. It isnt like being taxed for tea and we can just throw it into the sea to show our resistance, which was one thing in a series of events. Its not like the 60's when millions took to the streets. Its not there "yet" because people are afraid and/or feel powerless. As more people do these things more will join. It's lends credibility to those who have been beaten down too far. It provides a confirmation that its okay to speak out.

Our founding fathers had seen oppression from government and based these rights off of experience so I must wonder if they are rolling over in their graves at what's taking place. People aren't blind but many have lost the motivation to exercise their rights due to the growing power gap between government and people its easy to see why. It would be nice to see the stronger pave the way and begin this and not give up. If they lose their freedom or life for peacefully demonstrating then your right, we need to seriously all pull together and do even more. It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I've included this video so those interested in the Restore the Fourth movement and, by dent, PRISM, and surveillance, can educate themselves and be inspired for coming protests.

It's presented by Jacob Appelbaum at the Chaos Computer Club conference in December 2012. Jacob is the developer of Tor, a human rights activist and Wikileaks publisher. He's brilliant at explaining why this surveillance will rot democracy and what we can do about it. It runs about an hour but it is well worth it. A very important presentation.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by TDawg61

Prove yourself wrong...get off your arse....i know ill be at one.
My protest days ended in 2006 actually as I'm now permantly disabled after I was almost beaten to death by a black gang.How often do put your foot in your big mouth btw?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Come on guys - I see a lot of Americans complaining about the corruption in your country - YOU SHOULD ATTEND!

Too little too late imo. I think perhaps, we have bigger problems. Like how all our manufacturing jobs have moved to China, and you can just about not buy anything here that isn't from China. Oh sure you may still be able to buy some brands of automobiles here in the U.S. that are still made here, but the parts are made in China, and 20 million more Mexicans who cannot speak a lick of English have been granted amnesty and they will be scrabbling for jobs competing with the young black and white crowd.

Bout the only manufacturing we have left happens inside a McDonalds, Burger King, Hardees or Pizzahut. And while I don't want to detract from the 4th amendment, our government will eventually get whatever is left of our Bill of Rights, because our younger generations are being so dumbed down in public schools that we are seeing the fruition of an Orwellian society on our hands because ignorance is being propitiated.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
Don't wish to spoil the party but it will be back to work on the 5th with nothing at all changed.I hope I'm proved wrong but...

And if you don't attend because you have this apathetic attitude then you don't deserve to see any change

The government is terrified of their own people above all else. The only reason they have become so unaccountable and basically handed over your country to a secret corrupt cabal is because idiots sat back and watched it happen with blind trust, like cows voluntarily walking into the slaughterhouse.

I'm looking for a protest march like this against our government snooping in the UK, and I will be attending. If this is not resolved by November, I can imagine that we will see a similar nationwide event happening in the UK on the 5th.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't know that it helps to flame people who don't necessarily agree with this movement, People come to things in their own time, or not, and, as Appelbaum says in the video I posted above, at least there is the choice to take part or not take part.

I wish these rallies could be brought forward to perhaps tomorrow. Tomorrow would be good. The NSA are coming out with all kinds of strong language as Snowden prepares for the final leg of his journey and it would help to have some united push back. I guess the internet is serving that purpose at the moment, though.

The funniest thing I've read today is that the NSA can neither confirm nor deny that they've revoked his passport because that would be a... breach of his privacy

edit on 23-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I guess hats off to anyone who attends.
Me,personally,Im doing a cookout,and watching some fireworks.

This "event" isnt a bad idea,but I can see it being another one of these types.....

edit on 23-6-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think everyone will be welcome as long as they don't make trouble (smash windows etc.). The more the merrier, i say, they might learn a thing or two.

We are now confirmed to hold our rally on July 6 Australia-wide but the media is playing the surveillance issues down, focusing on Snowden instead and the government has not commented beyond a "we cannot comment" line, so I fear the turnout will be quite small
Melbourne is the best bet for any decent attendance. Lots of net freedom activists in Melbourne!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Live updates

rt.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Live updates

rt.com...

Thank you. That was uplifting to read. I'm just surprised it is already over. I do hope this isn't the last we hear from people on the subject. Didn't see an online protest link.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join