It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bat Beast Of Kent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Came upon this fellow whilst investigating one of my favourite crypto`s The Owlman.
He was spotted several times in the early 1960`s in Maidstone Kent England during a flurry of ufo sightings

www.americanmonsters.com...

His description is very similar to

A) The Owlman
B) Mothman
C) The Jersey Devil
D) Springheel Jack

These sightings go back to the 19th century in the UK and USA Paranormal or extra-terrestrial?
Are they sighting of the same creature?

Thoughts everyone?
edit on 12-6-2013 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

This is one I hadn't heard about but it definately seems to come from the same family/breed/race as Owlman and Mothman ... that original sketch in the article from the first boy to witness it certainly has a look of the Mothman sketches.

Thanks for this I hope you get some more contributions as I'd love to hear more.

Woody

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi woody thanks I too would love to know if anybody knew any more about this chap. Like a little scottie dog I will keep digging!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Good God! a report in Maidstone from November last year and several other past sightings not mentioned in the other article. This one calls it Bigfoot but the description is more like that of the Bat Beast

www.kentnews.co.uk...

(keeps digging!)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Very interesting indeed ... good to see it's not just some old half-forgotten stories ... this is quite a lot of activity in one area.

Keep digging. Woody

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Interesting!

A few months back me and my ex were sitting on the beach towards the end of the day and we both saw something that could only be described as a "big bat" flying over head - we're talking fruit bat size rather than man size though.

We've both lived on the coast for a fair old time and were certain it wasn't a Sea Gull - they flap and glide in a very distinctive manner and what we saw wasn't doing it that way, but it's just one of those weird things, I diidn't think anything of it till Mysterious Universe mentioned a Monkey Bird seen in East Sussex by a few people, and promptly forgot it all over again, only to remember it all over again now.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

I think it's great that some of these lesser known British cryptids are coming to light ... again maybe the 'monkey bird' and the cryptid of the OP are one and the same ... ?

Woody

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

East Sussex isn't very far away from Kent where abouts where you?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Another unrelated report also from Tunbrige Wells Kent startlingly similar too!

www.sott.net...

(dig dig dig)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Found another unrelated report also from Tunbridge Wells Kent startlingly similar too as you can see ats has an issue with it`s source if anyone wants a link please pm me

(dig dig dig)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Have you had a little 'dig' about in the local newspapers where these incidents have occurred ?

Woody

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Refferring to Option:B Did any bad things of any sort happen shortly after the sighting of the said winged creature?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Macobsession100

since "bad things" happen after most mothman sightings

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm on the coast down in Hastings, so about as far south as you can get, I'll try and find the Mysterious Universe episode with the reference to the monkey bats at some point, seems like virgin Territory we're exploring

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
S&F for this, THIS is why I came to ATS in the 1st place. I will definitely be back later to read the link, I love this stuff

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Dark on color, winged, evil eyes, creepy.....sounds like something that's been around a LONG time to me! Hadn't heard about this particular one, though. S&F for an interesting find.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Dark on color, winged, evil eyes, creepy.....sounds like something that's been around a LONG time to me! Hadn't heard about this particular one, though. S&F for an interesting find.

The description is very similar to Pazuzu...anyway the way the teenagers described the “felt cold all over” is similar to what i saw when i was younger. Very interesting trough, spent a lot of time reading it

edit on 23-7-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

Also bat like creature sightings seems always to happen in dates like between setember and december. The Mothman sightings happened on similar dates and the owlman as well. Connection or coincidence?

To that end, the newsmen accompanied McGoldrick back to the scene of the “weirdness” on December 11th.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

Hard to say on the dates. I had always thought of them as harbingers of something bad. Your story sounds interesting - care to share details?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

thanks for that never heard of pazuzu before but he seems to be more of a mythological figure than one that there have been sightings of

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I believe the Owlman sightings took place between April and June/July, if I remember correctly?

<<   2 >>

join