It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant exoplanet may explain how our solar system was formed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by infinitymindbox

Ok, welcome. I read some of your previous thread, which was entertaining, even if it was (as you say) a bit of a gate crash.

You said something about a missing planet between Mars and Jupiter, is this where your mystery planet comes swooping in to be close enough to the Earth to invite the inhabitants in for some biscuits and tea? Or is this missing planet, a diiferent one that has gone down into the great graveyard of the skies, never to be heard (or seen, since it is a planet) from again?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

He's taken multiple theories dealing with different subjects and somehow made them all confirm Niburu.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinitymindbox
reply to post by infinitymindbox

www.space.com...

I forgot the link
forgive me I am new here....

this is the "science" side of the "Nibiru" story
the mechanics are VALID
these things DO exist and they behave in a manner that is consistent with the ancient stories of the Sumerians.

You misinterpreted the article. It says that hot jupiters (and Nibiru isn't supposed to be one) migrate gradually towards their star, and then settle into a circular orbit. Nibiru is supposed to stay in a highly elliptical orbit. So the article has absolutely nothing to do with Nibiru. You're just deluding yourself, grasping at straws to support your mythical theory.

The science side of Nibiru is that 1) it has never been detected in any way, therefore there is no proof or evidence of its existence, and 2) a planet with such an orbit cannot exist in the Solar System without messing up orbits of other planets.

consistent with the ancient stories of the Sumerians.

Have you looked into the ancient stories of Sumerians? They say nothing of the sort.
www.sitchiniswrong.com...
www.sitchiniswrong.com...
edit on 11-6-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Please OP make a thread to do with your first which was closed I believe you I want to help.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A feature of our solar system is it's high level of stability. The stability grows over time but all it takes is one pass of a massive body to disrupt this balance. This would leave it's signature for a billion years.

Logic and Newtonian physics dictate that no massive bodies are on eccentric orbits in our solar system. Now there may be a planet or 3 that have been kicked out to very long period orbits but they are also stable orbits or the whole system would be unstable.

It's intriguing to me that we see comets coming in that have never been to the inner solar system before. One coming October '13 that I'm looking forward to. I believe that means there is something with the mass of at least a moon to kick the orbits of Ort cloud or Kuiper belt objects inward. Maybe someone will find it?

The orbital period of Nibiru as it's described is physically impossible. The inhabitants would be Popsicles anyway.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join