It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if area 51 shuts down/closes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Sorry im just wondering what would happen if they had there funding cut or like most military bases they randomly close down. Would they still guard it or would it be left to rot like most other bases they just want to forget about? The flock of people going there to look around the place would be crazy it would be like a amusement park

By the way if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything internet trolls have no life and posting dumbass troll comments proves just how sad you are and how badly you need attention to make yourself feel better about your pathetic little lives
edit on 2-6-2013 by LvSLoLo because: Trolls

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7

Where do these p;people come from

Most likely they come from the same place as the ones posting irrelevant off-topic answers into ATS threads ?

@ OP: I guess they would either blow everything up, or they would use the whole area as storage facility for nuclear waste. Both would make visits to the site pointless.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Well OP, first.....I think they scaled back operations at Area 51 a long time ago. It's such an "open secret" it's almost a joke these days. It's still very much used, of course, but I think the nature of what they do there has changed and adapted to the degree of public attention. A couple other sites picked up the high profile testing they don't do there anymore, IMO.

As far as what happens? Well...There are some facilities in the Southern California mountains that still exist from the Cold War and World War II. Some almost entirely abandoned...and some? I don't think they were abandoned at all. Probably still in use to this day, in fact. Either way....They were anything but unguarded and I think Area 51 would be the same way. If they stopped using it? It'll probably be too contaminated, if NOTHING else, to ever let the public just wander around in. Too much crap spilled and splashed over the years....like most old bases they've gone to close, I imagine.

@MadMax

By the way...the only stupid questions really are the ones no one asks, IMO. The OP just asked something I've heard variations of for a question for years from people in general chats. Was it worth the special effort in posting to make him feel like an idiot??
edit on 2-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
Sorry im just wondering what would happen if they had there funding cut or like most military bases they randomly close down. Would they still guard it or would it be left to rot like most other bases they just want to forget about? The flock of people going there to look around the place would be crazy it would be like a amusement park

The funding would be cut after the funding for more vital "organs" of the government where cut, making the government unable to function way before such secrets as those guarded in AREA 51 where revealed to the public. The reason is obvious: Where those secrets to leak to the public, all public support would be void for the current administration, and government would become void due to the instant revolution. That is the reason such matters are classified "way above top secret", high enough that not even the president have full access to the information.

So you see, your thoughts patterns are very primitive, let me guess, you are 19 or so? When you do some more research into the area(which admittedly takes time) such questions will disappear from your mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

Originally posted by MadMax7

Where do these p;people come from

Most likely they come from the same place as the ones posting irrelevant off-topic answers into ATS threads ?

@ OP: I guess they would either blow everything up, or they would use the whole area as storage facility for nuclear waste. Both would make visits to the site pointless.

But surely even if they used it as a nuclear waste storage facility alot of documents would randomly appear that people have stolen to show the world when they start moving all the equipment and sensitive pieces to other places like dulce new mexico

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

What would happen to area 51 if it was shut down?
Well it could be a nice place to live, I'd buy it if it was trailer park cheap.

Bunker homes for sale

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don't think there is anything really of interest going on there , the site is to known publicly and one can even find it on google earth . I think it is just a smoke screen for the public to focus on while area 51.1 no one has a clue about. Probably under ground or in a mountain away from prying eyes and satellites.

ETA hell if the economy keeps on track they might start start charging tourist for a tour of the grounds

edit on 2/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and count to 10 before they post something.

Nonsense posts that don't contribute anything serve no purpose here. While I disagree that there are no stupid questions, I don't think the OP constitutes one.

OP, calling someone retarded is not the way to go about dealing with people, regardless of how they may address your posts. Name calling is also not permitted on ATS.

On topic, bases don't randomly close, congress will coordinate with the DoD and create a board or panel to decide if bases are necessary or not, and whether they can be re-purposed or just closed. Before an installation is closed any classified information would be removed as well as any equipment that is still functional. anything unusable will either be recycled or sold for scrap or destroyed if it is unreasonable to move.

So the most likely scenario, is that Area 51, if ever decommissioned, would end up just being a hole in the ground with empty buildings. Or possibly completely bulldozed over.

Most certainly nothing of interest would be left there.
edit on 2-6-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Well OP, first.....I think they scaled back operations at Area 51 a long time ago. It's such an "open secret" it's almost a joke these days. It's still very much used, of course, but I think the nature of what they do there has changed and adapted to the degree of public attention. A couple other sites picked up the high profile testing they don't do there anymore, IMO.

I agree with Wrabbit here.

Most of the top secret operations have probably moved elsewhere to another base, considering the light which has been cast on Area 51 for such an amount of time. While i have no doubt that Area 51 still sees its fair share of projects, i believe that the highest ones are probably conducted elsewhere.

To address the OP:

If Area 51 was to shut down though, i think that they would decommission and remove pretty much everything before leaving entirely...it would be the logical thing to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and count to 10 before they post something.

Nonsense posts that don't contribute anything serve no purpose here. While I disagree that there are no stupid questions, I don't think the OP constitutes one.

OP, calling someone retarded is not the way to go about dealing with people, regardless of how they may address your posts. Name calling is also not permitted on ATS.

On topic, bases don't randomly close, congress will coordinate with the DoD and create a board or panel to decide if bases are necessary or not, and whether they can be re-purposed or just closed. Before an installation is closed any classified information would be removed as well as any equipment that is still functional. anything unusable will either be recycled or sold for scrap or destroyed if it is unreasonable to move.

So the most likely scenario, is that Area 51, if ever decommissioned, would end up just being a hole in the ground with empty buildings. Or possibly completely bulldozed over.

Most certainly nothing of interest would be left there.
edit on 2-6-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)
I understand what you are saying but all i asked was what would happen IF the base shut down. At the very least people would go there to try and dig through the rubble or take geiger counters to check out certain area's. If the buildings where left empty it would still be a very interesting place to go look around especially for people crazy about aliens/UFO's especially after all the years of secrecy. Then again if the rooms where empty im sure it would give more questions than answers with people trying to figure out what went where and what exactly was housed inside. Im pretty sure at some point shortly after it happened alot of tv shows would be made there about aliens or we would most probably see ghost adventurers crew searching the place

P.S trolls are the scum of the internet im generally a nice person but people being a smartass behind a monitor get old really quickly and for someone to randomly start trolling a person without reason like i have been in this post is retarded in my eyes
edit on 2-6-2013 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2013 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If they did leave it i doubt there would be a single bolt left....the place would be absolutely sanitized, while i doubt ultra top secret work goes on there now its probably where the do the revisions to current stuff as all the test gear will be there and if you're just going to be working on tweaking an f-16 engine to get another 2-3% extra from it who cares as its nothing major

But if they did close it down and sell it off it'd make the worlds best alien themed park

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yes im sure alot of buildings would sprout up around the base like diners, bars and so on. Would be a cool place for a water park

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I find this an interesting thread topic I'm surprised people take it so personally. So many other threads are just plonked youtube videos with no commentary that elicit not even a floating thought through my head.

If the base was decommissioned I don't see it being open to public since it's still military land. They have other testing areas around there, and the airspace more than anything is more guarded than the land.

So are we under the assumption that both airspace and land is abandoned?

I would think it would still be guarded.

However, given the location and the benefits to the location, I doubt groom lake will ever get decommissioned unless the military industrial complex takes a major hit. I guess there is always the possibility that they do, and they sell off the land which would probably get stripped of everything on it. Or perhaps everything stripped inside the buildings.

Similar to how old missile silos are sold off.

Again though, there's so much toxic crap that's been dumped out there, and god knows what else, I see it highly unlike this happens.

Oh, and Wrabbit is correct on the other points as well.
edit on 2-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

.I think they scaled back operations at Area 51 a long time ago.

You think ... I research. Just look at Google Earth over the years. The base gets bigger and bigger. New toys. If you go to Bing, you can see the new hush house. But what would ATS be without someone spouting that Area 51 is closed, moved, yada yada yada, without providing one iota to back up their claim.

Regarding if Area 51 was ever closed, it would just stay within the NTTR. Now that is my guess, not something I know. There are many examples of military reservations returned to the public. Many parks in the San Francisco Bay Area were military reservations, the most famous being the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The old Nike base was kept as a museum.

But the NTTR is very different from other military reservations. The majority of live fire training in the US takes place at the NTTR.

The other thing to bear in mind is Nellis itself is getting crowded by Las Vegas The base bought some of the nearby vacant land just to keep it from being developed. Most likely Groom Lake would become something like the TTR and Creech, i.e. another airbase on the range, just to relieve the airspace crowding at Nellis.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I never worry too much about the bases we know about, but then again I never worry about the bases none of us have ever heard of either.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What happens if area 51 shuts down/closes?

There will be new housing there that will sell really well.

ATS will suffer a downgrade in member intelligence ratios.

UFOs will be seen flying over a small airfield in Gooberwad, Ohio. The area will be cordoned off and no one will be able to see it for 50 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join