It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING VIDEO: UK Terrorists Charging At Police Get Shot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Yes but his message was not only directed at the people of the UK.

He spoke in a plural cognition so we must conclude his message was based the same way/manner.
edit on 24-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Islam was thrust upon the people of the Middle East and beyond through violence. They are not interested in democracy, that's why it is futile trying to thrust this ideology onto them in the M.E and beyond.

Get this - he was British - and raised in a Christian household...he was NOT middle eastern.

I agree - radical Islam does have a grip - and we, in the UK have some responsibility for that (at least in our own country).

When you convert to Islam and become radicalised you do not recognise the state. That's why he called it 'Your Governments' referred to Iraq and Afghanistan as 'Our land'.

As soon as they started the brain washing process, one of the first things they concentrate on is detaching yourself from any non Muslim authority.

They class any Islamic country as being their land, this is Jehad, we are at war. I fear this will not be an isolated incident.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Well yes we are at war - in case you hadn't noticed - we illegally invaded Afghanistan in 2001 and Iraq in 2003 - and created hell in those countries.

I will never ever forget the quote I read preceding the invasion of Iraq, 'The planned invasion of Iraq is no more than the pre-meditated murder of thousands of people in the name of saving them from their dictator.' Unfortunately I can't remember the man who said it to give him the credit.

But do we really believe there will be no repercussions. These guys were 28 and 22 yrs of age. i.e. 16 yrs old and 10 yrs old when 9/11 happened - and their view of the world as they were growing up was completely different to the view of the world I had when I was growing up.

Personally, I'm still traumatised by the Blair government's actions - and I'm a celt.

We get the government we deserve - and we all have a responsibility for their actions.

Do you ever hear the news about Iraq these days? It is hell on earth - we did that.
edit on 24-5-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken

Islam was thrust upon the people of the Middle East and beyond through violence. They are not interested in democracy, that's why it is futile trying to thrust this ideology onto them in the M.E and beyond.

with that logic, so was Christianity but on the west.

Is that why there is a separation of church and state?

So they can fight a religious war being a separate entity itself? ie. the GOV"T

Christianity wasn't initially thrust upon people through violence, sure the religion was hi-jacked by violent elements, but it started out with peaceful non compliance. However Islam was never like this, in fact Mohammed actually initiated the violence from the outset.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Wrong wrong wrong wrong - Christianity was definitely forced on ppl under threat of punishment and with violence. I work in the local 850 yr old Abbey - I know this.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

Ach that doesn't explain seven bullets at point blank range - the guy was suspended and investigated cos it was in breach of his training.

It does if you believe that you are confronting a suicide bomber and that you and colleagues are in imminent danger. It was a tragic event. Put yourself in the armed officers shoes. Jean Charles de Menezes was found to have taken coc aine. It was likely that under the influence of the drug it added to officers assessment that something wasn't right and he was acting strangely?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

My heart goes out to the victim's family - it truly does. The act terrorised me. My sons are the same age as all involved. However, I am equally as terrorised by the fact that our governments were able to take us into war for no reason at all - and the individual politicians and businessmen involved have gotten away with it scot free.

The 'help for heroes' charities name - i'm sorry I find the name offensive. Heroes save us - they do not attack other nations in an unprovoked conflict. The British legion was doing a good enough job - quietly - for years.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Hogwash - go read the reports - and come back and talk again. That boy did not deserve to die - they thought he was a suicide bomber? but they let him get on a london bus!!!!

This is old ground - the UK govt have already grovelled and apologised - in particular for their lies and slander about that lad. Heavy jacket (not true) leaping barrier (not true) - running when chased (wouldn't you?)
edit on 24-5-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I feel for the family too, My brother was killed in 2009 in afghan. I can relate, so the focus is on the matter of facts, and the truth it reveals.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Wrong wrong wrong wrong - Christianity was definitely forced on ppl under threat of punishment and with violence. I work in the local 850 yr old Abbey - I know this.

It wasn't initially a violent religion. Jesus who was a prophet didn't go around thrusting christianity on people through means of violence, that is what I was trying to convey. Unless you have read text to suggest otherwise.

Sure it became violent when the Romans decided to adopt it as their religion, but initially Christians were peaceful people. What we have now is a bastardised version of the true religion.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Apply that logic to Islam

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yes - and Islam is 600 yrs younger than christianity. Now, where was christianity at 600 yrs ago?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

He still had the meat cleaver to use on the police.No need for two weapons.

Anyway, he is going to suffer for this and that makes me smile.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Yes - and Islam is 600 yrs younger than christianity. Now, where was christianity at 600 yrs ago?

Yes, I can see what you are saying, but Islam would have been 800 years old by then and they have always used violence to convert people.

It has been a violent religion from the outset, christianity became a violent religion and western governments use this religion to jusify their wars.

Let's be honest throughout history religion has been the cause of most wars and conflicts. This is no different really, except Islamists are willing to sacrifice their lives in the name of theirs. Yeah, we saw Kamikaze pilots in the second World war, but that was in combat, not to take out innocent civilians.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Right - so George Bush wants to go on a 'crusade' - and you somehow thing Christianity is superior to Islam in humane terms - despite George Bush's far more impressive kill ratio.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I hate killers - whatever their denomination. Killing is wrong - I'm not religious - but it does state in the ten commandments that 'thou shalt not kill' - and the ten commandments apply to judaism, christianity and to islam.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

I am so sorry that you lost your brother.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Right - so George Bush wants to go on a 'crusade' - and you somehow thing Christianity is superior to Islam in humane terms - despite George Bush's far more impressive kill ratio.

No, I never once intimated that and to suggest that is twisting my words.

I am agnostic, but my take on all of this is that Islam was borne out of violence, christianity was initially borne out of a simplistic, maybe naive concept of turn the other cheek.

What you fail to grasp, from what I can gather from your posts is the fact that a British citizen could undertake such an abhorrent act as we witnessed a couple of days ago. It boils down to brainwashing from Imams. The same Imams who wouldn't ask their children to go out and conduct the evil acts they request, just the same as the politicians in the west wouldn't ask their children to go and fight some war in the M.E or Afghanistan.

These people are detached from our reality, we cannot grasp their rationale simply because we have compassion and morals. These people were born into christian families who held these values, but due to brainwashing and conditioning these have been removed from the perpetrators.

Christians believe commiting suicide is evil, where as Muslims do not, if that is what it takes to keep Islam going, then they are willing to do so.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I hate killers - whatever their denomination. Killing is wrong - I'm not religious - but it does state in the ten commandments that 'thou shalt not kill' - and the ten commandments apply to judaism, christianity and to islam.

It also states in the Bible, 'An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'. So, it contradicts itself continuously.

In the old testament we are continuously told God is vengeful, full of wrath. In the new testament, he is forgiving as long as we admit our sins.

Which book is right?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

who cares?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join