It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Correspondant: Obama Trying To Criminalize Journalism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I noticed Mika Brzezinski looked a little almost....shocked.
Safety in numbers is I think a key to why many of them might feel
safe enough to speak up now. Time will tell, we will see what they
do with Rosen!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
Even Michelle Obama çan't stand him and is going to Martha's Vineyard soon on "entended stay" with the girls....she may be house hunting they say.
So much for first black President legacy...

Bump. that would literally be too much.. especially since the Great One's
campaign supporters and other contributors pooled to get them all that
mansion in Hawaii. Hey. at least Mac was a hell of a test pilot before the
folks in and around Witchita got him the place.... "Sic 'em tiger: you own the sky"

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
It can not be overstated that this criticism is coming from MSNBC/NBC.

Greetings, KosmicJack,

How can this be? Ever since hussein won the primary the first time, the entire MSNBC staff has been beholden to their "messiah," barry hussein soetoro obama. Wouldn't it be more realistic if they were thanking him and groveling to him for ordering the investigation?

Has MSNBC ever earned the trust of intelligent viewers (excluding the Low-Information Voters)? Is this some kind of false flag, for something else planned?

Thanks much, KosmicJack, for all your hard work, on this, the ATS website.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
He is not trying to criminalize all journalism, just any journalism that is not what he wants said. Psychopaths only see what they want they do not care or are incapable of seeing how their actions and decisions effect the rest of the world, everything is about what they want.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think the American people, including Republicans and libertarians, were outraged when Nixon's criminal actions (the coverup) were finally brought to light.

This new breed of arrogant, race-baiting democrats will defend their Obama to the end.

What happened to democrats who actually care about freedom and individual rights--which were once hallmarks of democracy. Seems to me like the new Repubs are more into freedom these days than the Obama Zombies

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It seems the liberal media is better. Fox News NEVER turned on Bush jr during his eight years and trust me Bush jr was worst than Obama is. That being said I truely expected more from Obama and he has turned out to be a huge disappointment.

I always knew both parties were controlled by evil rich people aka the bilderbergers. Also high level masons and whatnot.

Obama deserves to be impeached, but so did Bush. Clinton and Holder also deserve to be impeached. Clinton for benghazi and arab spring, while Holder for fast and furious. Then criminal trials should take place once removed from office. A lot of these dirtbags belong in federal prison!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoyd23

Well, there is a group of them young Republican bucks that sure are vocal,
and they are not scared by a bunch of lifetime poly tics that only care
about retirement from public service, a boatload of them old Republicans
should be shipped out!

There does come a time when you can tick of too many people in too short a time,
then things can go real bad, like now.

Id say Holder is going to have a really bad weekend starting now.
He just got "served". The heat is on!

Press Freedom Groups Protest DOJ's
Actions In Letter To Eric Holder

Free Press, a media reform advocacy group, and other organizations — including the American Civil Liberties Union, the Committee to Protect Journalists, National Association of Black Journalists and Writers Guild of America, East — blasted the DOJ for setting "a dangerous precedent" in a letter to Holder.

The letter read:
Your actions have threatened press freedom — and endangered the health of our democracy. As groups working to strengthen democratic institutions and foster more open government, we are deeply concerned that your agency’s actions will hinder efforts to make government more transparent and accountable to the public.

www.freepress.net...
edit on 24-5-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Like this is anything new? The media has been pressured by our government since the Watergate scandal. When was the last time you've heard of investigative reporting? Journalists have become the arm of the government. No matter how much they're crying about being criminalized for leaks, they've been selectively reporting news and making sure they don't step on any political land mines.

If they're going to cry foul about this, and if they want to be considered credible, maybe they should also tell the truth on how the government pressures them on how or what news they're allowed to report to the public. This leak issue is only a small part of how they're being pressured. Aggressive White House reporters are being relieved of their duties and are being replaced by reporters who are on a short leash.

Don't get me wrong, I think the issue of criminalizing leaks is just one of many other strong armed tactics being used behind the scenes to control the news media. Our media is expected to protect the people from our government not to protect the government from the people.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Oh, I would agree with the exception of a few scattered news outlets,
they are not mainstream by any means who continue to report the truth.

And....for those who may have already taken a hit, like Andrew Breitbart.

I have absolutely no sympathy for NBC, they have basically been a
propaganda outlet, The Ministry of Truth for so long....

It is just a validation, when you have NBC crying foul,
and Washington Times with headlines that look like Infowars.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Enemies of the State [29C3]

ENEMIES OF THE STATE: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT SECRET US GOVERNMENT POWER BECOMES A CRIME
Blowing the Whistle on Spying, Lying & Illegalities in the Digital Era

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeisalie
So apparently reporting the truth is a criminal act now.

It always was.

The truth shall set you free.

The government doesn't want the people to be free.

They want the people to be bonded to the government.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Okay, didn't read all the comments but it is curious that journalist are on this like white on rice when it relates to them but tend to keep their eyes closed or mouth shut when other issues, almost as malicious should be part of the news. Don't think even the IRS scandal gets this much publicity in MSM and it has potential to effect all Americans.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Granted that the big 3 networks plus MSNBC are dedicated to, and subservient to, hussein obama and his plan for us, and that they're essential for control of the "low-information voters..."

Is it likely that the various reasons and excuses (for the investigations of hussein's own people, the mainstream press), are a lie?

Is it likely that the real reason is to identify individual reporters and journalists who are less than 100% totally loyal to hussein obama? Why? Wouldn't unquestioning media loyalty be essential to the "upcoming" transition to the "new dictatorship?" He already knows that conservatives are disloyal, so wouldn't it be essential to ferret out less than loyal individuals from his own media?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Good post, I just don't see why people keep acting like this is something to be shocked about. If people in this country don't see and understand the agenda of the elitist through this administration and there lackey Obama then I doubt they ever will.

The media that has supported Obama will keep supporting him, it is just so bad right now they have to wear a different face in order for the people that know what is going on won't abandon the MSM to the point that the revenue that supports there stations stops all together and the likes of Soros has to support them all.

If this is what Obama can do without the House, what do you think will happen when he regains the House and keeps the Senate..................this is nothing compared to what Obama will do then.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Think about the point I am about to make...Why would the government police itself, especially considering agencies stick together, just like the police department does. Journalism in the US was supposed to be something that kept the government honest. It was intended to be a means for the people to stay informed, among other functions. It has already been proven that corporate media, which is what we have in this day and age, is not truly concerned with reporting the truth to the public. There are individual journalists who are, but they often get fired for disobeying orders not to report certain topics and info. This has been proven continually, with many journalists coming forward and stating this, most of them being able to prove their claims in one way or another.

It should be noted also that what a network reports often has to do with politics. If a right wing news network like Fox gets info that could hurt a left wing president like Obama, they are not going to hesitate to report it. But often times they will not report misgivings in their own party. This is why Fox News never really condemned the illegal actions of Bush. This is why we see hypocritical and mindless right wing fanatics who complain about Obama, but don't stop to consider all the atrocities and lies Bush committed.

Anyway, some of these networks, depending on politics and affiliations, among other things, will still print material from whistleblowers. Even if the MSM is not who leaks the information, it will usually get out in one way or another. Government documents show that certain agencies have attempted to control what the media prints, and I am sure they have succeeded. It only takes controlling the top person in the corporation, who dictates orders to everyone under them. That is not difficult, to bribe one person. So this is the main method that would be used to control the media.

But what we must realize is that the media does not have all that much to do with the government's actions against whistleblowers. It is not the fact that it is printed that pisses off the government. It is the fact that one of their own had the moral compass to leak the information in the first place. And they will want to punish that person. It has happened in the past, over many decades, and it is worse today. The government can claim national security, and they can do whatever they like, and that is the unfortunate truth. They do not have to prove or show how national security is affected, and this blanket term is what will be used to suppress and oppress the people even more in the near future. It is a tool that was used by many of the dictators throughout history.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm not surprised anymore, nothing that happens in this country does anymore. Heck even if we tried to fix things the people that try would either be paid to keep there mouths shut or assassinated. For people like us though we are just labeled as insane and if we tried anything we'd be locked away in prison and labeled a conspiracy nut job or be put into a straight jacket. Now that they wanna make journalism illegal, next they'll wanna make conspiracies illegal and this site will be shut down faster then Megaupload. What the hell happened to this country? Why have we let the government control us so much? eh I guess all there is left to do is watch and see what unfolds next. I am done reading this stuff though, cause like I said, it won't even surprise me anymore.

Enjoy life while you still can, I know I am.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

There's a lot to hide

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You know now that I think about it the IRS scandal and reporter’s scandal are both the same. The IRS scandal he was trying to take care of groups trying to inform people about policies since 501 cs can only talk about issues. Then there is the blatant intimidation of the press by trying to bring reporters to trial for well doing the job there paid to do. But in both these scandals the purpose is the same suppress information you don’t like. And now that I think about the Benghazi scandal as well he tried to stop information coming out that contradicted his narrative of the war on terror being over. This president seems to want to make sure the only narrative we get is his. All I say I thought Bush was bad but he didn’t lie to us he just ignored it. But to give him credit he at least allowed people to disagree with him a lot might add. Obama sees this is if you don’t think like him your wrong so Im not going to let you. He’s far more dangerous then Bush was mostly because Bush was an idiot but none the less. Obama is trying to do a soft takeover first rule in controlling people is to control the media.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
It's weird because wasn't journalism, and marketing, what got Obama into the President job in the first place?
Partially... It was the apathetic people who are content with going with whomever gets voted in...

Originally posted by Sandalphon
If ever the nation wanted to, they could just make the President Channel, where it's all President, all the time.

We already have it....

When a Democrat is in Office is MSNBC...
When its a Republican its Fox News...

Or so the myth goes...

edit on 25-5-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I sometimes ask myself, where the big differences between Putins Russia and Obamas USA are, besides the US system works way more subtile then the raw Russian model.

Everyone who is "against" the Militarians and Corprocrats is called a terrorist or threat of national security (Environmentalist, anti Globalist, anti Eco-Darwinist) and can be spied on or arrestet without trial.

You guys are lucky, that you don't have a third party, that has any power, so the big $$ only has to buy out two parties and let it look like a democacy. 50% hate the other 50% and call them names, when you can't tell the difference in practice of politicts whoever is in charge. Middleclass people hate "poor" people, because they are lazy and should not get any money.

Same here in Europe, but not that extreme like in the US.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join