It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When You Think About It In Layman's Terms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

They aren't!

Judges 9:7-15
Now when they told Jotham, he went and stood on the top of Mount Gerizim, and lifted his voice and called out. Thus he said to them, “Listen to me, O men of Shechem, that God may listen to you.

8 Once the trees went forth to anoint a king over them, and they said to the olive tree, ‘Reign over us!’ 9 But the olive tree said to them, ‘Shall I leave my fatness with [a]which God and men are honored, and go to wave over the trees?’ 10 Then the trees said to the fig tree, ‘You come, reign over us!’ 11 But the fig tree said to them, ‘Shall I leave my sweetness and my good fruit, and go to wave over the trees?’ 12 Then the trees said to the vine, ‘You come, reign over us!’ 13 But the vine said to them, ‘Shall I leave my new wine, which cheers God and men, and go to wave over the trees?’ 14 Finally all the trees said to the bramble, ‘You come, reign over us!’ 15 The bramble said to the trees, ‘If in truth you are anointing me as king over you, come and take refuge in my shade; but if not, may fire come out from the bramble and consume the cedars of Lebanon.’

2 Samuel 12
And the Lord sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor. 2 The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds: 3 But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter. 4 And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.

5 And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the Lord liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die: 6 And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity. 7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man.

29 OLD TESTAMENT PARABLES

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

(ME)Personally, I would LOVE to walk on the sun in my spiritual body. Talk about purification!

(YOU) You would not survive. Even your atoms would break up.

I don't think that the spiritual body, the soul, is made up of atoms. Just my opinion.

Maybe it's a wave, like a light particle/wave.

edit on 21-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
reply to post by qualm91

I realize that he did say this, yes. And I do believe that Jesus was a real man that really existed. A man who brought wonderful morals and teachings. But why disregard everything that God has done in the Old Testament? I mean, maybe that is "old" and we should move on from it. But that doesn't mean that we should disregard it. God did what God did because he wanted to. And does what he did not seem sadistic to you?

He ushered in the new creation. If you could even start to fathom this reality....the redemption from Adamkind in to the new creation, IN Christ. For 2,000 years your Creator has been raising sons and daughters in His new human creation, a new creature through the faith of His Son Jesus Christ and through the power of God to lift themselves out of the darkness. And as that faith is rejected, what we see rising is man in all his iniquity - void of any restraint from above. The restraint came through His saints in shich He dwelled. Those pyramids and snakes are coming right back as the descendants of Christian forefathers reject that saving faith. This goes WAY beyond Jesus giving "wonderfuls morals and teachings".... He is THE LIFE. Our Lord and Saviour. Through Him, God has been reconciling man to Himself. This is the gospel, this is His promise throughout the entire Old testament. The redemption of adamkind. The redemption of a fallen humanity. Do you know what I do when I have not received understanding of a passage? I pray. Parables require revelation and study.

All fluff

That's all there is to say.

Ok maybe pray if you cant figure out a parable is substance, but the rest if fluff

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Can someone help me to see the conspiracy present in the OP? From what I read it is just another stale,"why I don't believe in a lunatic, murderous god." blog entry.

Why not put some effort in and post real conspiracies in religion?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Can someone help me to see the conspiracy present in the OP? From what I read it is just another stale,"why I don't believe in a lunatic, murderous god." blog entry.

Why not put some effort in and post real conspiracies in religion?

Great idea,

Forget about reaching any deeper meaning behind anything though because vast majority of people will just spit out random useless garbage.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by intrptr

(ME)Personally, I would LOVE to walk on the sun in my spiritual body. Talk about purification!

(YOU) You would not survive. Even your atoms would break up.

I don't think that the spiritual body, the soul, is made up of atoms. Just my opinion.

edit on 21-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Close, replace spiritual body with astral or etheric body, which is made of finer matter, and interpenetrates with the "physical" or denser world just like x-rays, radiation, sound, etc. An example many radio channels, light, sound, heat, radiation, internet signal, phone, and some matter can all be in the same place at the same time.

So you have a physical body, and an astral body. Sure you've all heard of astral body before. You die, live in astral body a while, the it disintegrates, then...

Your astral body would go through the sun untouched.

Physical body is made of cells, made by the elements (oxygen, nitrogen, etc) You are not the body, the body is like a machine. Has limbs with muscles and tendons and joints, bones of course, blood and veins and heart to pump nutrient around the system, teeth, and on and on. Controlled through nerves and nervous system.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The "Christian" religion is completely false.

That goes for the Old Testament too.

Simple Jewish history was over written by the Romans.

"Jesus Christ" NEVER EXISTED.

Ask a Jew. Ask a Free Mason.

Or, read for yourself. The truth is now out there for any and all to see.

ALL religion is BUNK.

And that goes for Paganism, New Age mumbo jumbo, "Karma" - ALL of it.

ALL of it is BS.

You're born, you live, you die. Period.

All this "esoteric" stuff is nothing but various people's romanticized ideas on how to explain things and make themselves feel better.

That's how it all started, and then with your Abrahamic religions - that 'esoterica' + simple history was shaped by the Romans into a system of control based off of superstitions.

ALL"religion" as well as "spirituality" is FALSE.

I personally have NO respect for the deluded fools who believe in this crap.
edit on 21-5-2013 by FalseMove because: Ye shall not make typos! The power of "Christ" compels ye to fix them!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalseMove

ALL religion is BUNK.

ALL of it is BS.

All this "esoteric" stuff is nothing but various people's romanticized ideas on how to explain things and make themselves feel better.

That's how it all started, and then with your Abrahamic religions - that 'esoterica' + simple history was shaped by the Romans into a system of control based off of superstitions.

edit on 21-5-2013 by FalseMove because: Ye shall not make typos! The power of "Christ" compels ye to fix them!

If Jesus Christ never existed then that only makes Christianity more spectacular and miraculous

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Maybe...

You heard about bodies getting lighter by a few grams right when they die?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MySkinsWhite

Close, replace spiritual body with astral or etheric body, which is made of finer matter,

"Finer matter"? You are right energy is not matter. Energy comes from matter though. What about the experiment where people die and they lose a few grams? That would imply mass, which has to be matter.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I've heard that, but I don't know if it's true or an urban myth.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by FalseMove

ALL religion is BUNK.

ALL of it is BS.

If Jesus Christ never existed then that only makes Christianity more spectacular and miraculous

I do not agree.

If he is fictive. All followers will really be naive idiots. However... I formed a similar opinion, even without a fake Jesus as argument.
If even one will question their faith, I'd be surprised . Faith can make up for a missing deity....

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It was an experiment around the early 1900"s that has never been followed up on.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

If Jesus didn't exist, what on earth were all of the disciples and early Christian martyrs dying for? Or did they not exist as well?

Would you die for something that you were not 100% certain about?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by intrptr

I've heard that, but I don't know if it's true or an urban myth.

I see. I looked it up. You may be right.

21 grams

I I still think the sun would be lethal to all forms of life. In any form.

Besides, there is no surface to walk on.. Just millions of degrees of fusion plasma.
edit on 21-5-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Would you risk your own life to save the life of another?

How about your family members?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I once tried to astral-project myself to Uranus. It was really, really far! When I got close, there was so much chaotic electricity and lighten bolts, I snapped back home, lickety split!

I've never tried going to the sun.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Would you risk your own life to save the life of another?

How about your family members?

Yes because I am 100% certain of my love for them and theirs for me- in a nutshell "our relationship". Don't you think the disciples and martyrs had the same mindset?

I certainly wouldn't die for someone I had never seen even if they claimed to be my _____ (son, brother, etc.) So doesn't the actions of the disciples seem out of place if Jesus never existed? But they seem right in line if he did exist.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I didn't say that.

But how difficult is it to create apostles that died for their fictive savior ?

I'm not saying that Jesus is a fantasy, but if he really is just a made up figure, then the whole bible wouldn't even have a single argument that proves it can't be part of the story.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I didn't say that.

But how difficult is it to create apostles that died for their fictive savior ?

I'm not saying that Jesus is a fantasy, but if he really is just a made up figure, then the whole bible wouldn't even have a single argument that proves it can't be part of the story.

What I am saying is that most people who spout out "Jesus never existed" never think it all the way through. You say how difficult is it to create apostles? But see it doesn't stop there. You would have to create the Roman emperors like Nero and Diocletian who persecuted these people as well. Where does it stop? How many characters need to be made up to support the fictionalization of Jesus?

That is the reason I said Christianity would be even more spectacular and miraculous if Jesus didn't exist. It would be quite the undertaking don't you think?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join