It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Hurt as Doctor Who????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
John Hurt is the 9th doctor for the time war, this makes Matt Smith the 12th doctor. which means Season 8 will Bring the Valeyard, who as previously stated is in fact awesome

Source: www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Good call! if it doesn't happen i'll scream and scream and scream untill i'm sick

reply to post by jiggerj

If Jenna Louise Coleman is not done yet, i'd happily do her. She makes me go all Sid James and ting

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Spoiler warning...

My money is on him being the 8th, he wore the jacket of the 9th.

Figure hes the aged 8th who fought the time war and than regenerated into the 9th, would explain the jacket at least, remember they didn't leave the doctors time line.
edit on 19-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Thats actually a good point. When he was standing there with his back to the doctor I thought it was Christopher eccstone (the 9th doctor).

ALS

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Grew up with Jon Pertwee & Tom Baker as the Doctor. They were the best.

Have seen both the new Star Treks, not impressed with new players, but yes will still watch.

edit on 20-5-2013 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'd love David Tennant back, for me he was the best Doctor so far, him and Tom Baker have been excellent Doctors.

Matt Smith is a bit like marmite, you either love or hate him, personally I don't like him, the manic acting annoys me as have some of the recent episodes, the 2 minds in the one head ep was too surreal and as said too manic.

Maybe they will at some point regenerate him into Capt Jacks actor (memory awful at the mo) but would the Doctor aficionados like an openly gay Doctor character?

As for Clara, yummy....Always thought she was pretty as can be when she was in Emmerdale..Glad she's staying, its nice to have an intelligent companion for the Doc and her story is great.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
My daughter calls John Hurt ... Doctor 8 1/2.
I'm still not warming up to Clara.
And I still miss Amy and Rory and River.
That's the Doctors family ....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I like John hurts acting and who can forget his chest exploding in Alien. Its hard for me to say this but hes too old to wrestle with a Sonataran, or outrun a darlek.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A Time Lord can regenerate twelve times before dying (thirteen incarnations in all). so we are getting near the end of the line

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have to say I've been really disappointed with the latest few series of Dr Who, they've tried to make it witty and funny and the doctor OTT quirky it's just lost it's meaning because of it.

It also doesn't help that they try to cram a full story into 1 hour, you end up with stupid stories and a poor series, the worst of the lot that had me reaching for the sick bag was when James Cordon or whatever his name is defeated the Cybermen "with love".

GIVE ME A BREAK!

The good old days when Tom Baker took 4 weeks per episode was much better, the story had a proper beginning, middle, and end and time to develop instead of the mad rush it is now that they try to disguise with moronic "humour" and politically correct "strong" female characters who's strength comes from making supposedly off the cuff cheeky remarks.

I guess it's a reflection on society that it needs to be dumbed right down and turned into a slapstick dumbathon that doesn't last more than 1 hour per episode otherwise no one will watch it.

Great shame.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
my guess is he is the eith doctor who sacrificed the timelords using the weapon known as the moment then he cregenerated into chris es doctor. and no the doctor recently stated there is now no limit to his regenerations

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks for spoiling that!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Maybe the fine doctor can travel back to 1984. Stop himself from going thru all that damn torture...!

edit on 20-5-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
My guess is he is the "Doctor" who is has all the info he had before but is living as a human. That would be the one who is with Rose. Maybe that is something that couldnt/shouldnt happen?

<< 1   >>

join