It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan Argues That the US Government is Borderline Tyrannical

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Its funny how the general consensus from most Americans on here, that I can tell anyway, America is indeed a tyranny. But when Piers Morgan, as much as I do not like that guy says it people are outraged lol.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

It is ironic, but considering how generally objectionable and loathesome he is, i reckon it's all good.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Its funny how the general consensus from most Americans on here, that I can tell anyway, America is indeed a tyranny. But when Piers Morgan, as much as I do not like that guy says it people are outraged lol.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

it isn't what he appears to be saying, but the impact of his words.

pro-gun people that have debated with him have argued that guns are for the public's protection against tyranny. piers says "the government would never turn on it's own people", but now that these events have come to the forefront he is acknowledging them in an ultimately dismissive way as it relates to guns.

it's a debate tactic used to mitigate evidence for an opponent's points by accepting them as true, but unrelated. notice how he prefaces it by saying "this has nothing to do with guns". it would cause him more problems if he didn't address it. now he can claim "i've already addressed that and admitted that the government acted poorly, but it had nothing to do with guns".

just watch. that will be his counter to anyone who brings this up as evidence of government tyranny. it's the only counter reasonable possible.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
the american people want see the truth about their government, until the Jack boot of oppression is pushing their face onto the dirt and forced to eat it....

The more i watch and read about the Obama office stomping on the rights and liberties of it peoples, saddens and scares the hell out of me.

After all, what ever happens in the USA eventually comes to the UK...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Piers Morgan is sludge. I'm continuously amazed as to how they have this british guy critiquing the USA. Piers, your own country is more tyranicall, go back there.

Why do so many americans beleive something if it has a british accent.

This guy could say the sky is green and still some idiot americans would agree.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
After all, what ever happens in the USA eventually comes to the UK...

Its the other way around.

Examples
1. Your poor health service
2. Your assanine surveillance of the public
3. Your evil need for world domination via military force and killing of innocents.
4. Your need to have all firearms confiscated from the citizens
5. Your need to lower the standard of living for everyone in the country to preserve the top 1%

and on and on

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's just the good old controlled opposition tactic.

Basically, you can judge what's going on here by simply looking for consistency. People don't change their views that much in a week. Especially not people who are in a position to know things most people don't.

The MSM would have us believe they're in the dark and don't know anything. That they are just as surprised by "new information" as we are. I don't buy it. I think the government and the MSM have realized that they have lost the trust of the people and they're trying to get it back by pretending the press is suddenly doing it's job right.

Unfortunately, there are large numbers of people who are buying it. People want to believe in TPTB because it scares the hell out of them to think about the alternative. All I have to say to that is it's been scaring the hell out of me since 9/11. I'm not sure about anything. I make a lot of assumptions and guesses. I'd rather assume the worst and be wrong than assume the best and be wrong.

Morgan is likely seen by the MSM and establishment as a disposable asset. They haven't spent a lot of time or money building him up as a press hero. They can afford for guys like him to be all over the map with their views. He will likely be a nobody in a few years.

Bill Maher is the kind of guy who has never really been tied down to one definitive political philosophy (though he did pretend to be a libertarian for a while). So he has had some wiggle room. I think a lot of people are finally onto him though. So they're just squeezing whatever they can get out of him before they create some new "heretics".

People are finally realizing that real criticism would never be tolerated if it were coming from within the establishment. Bill Maher wouldn't have had a million dollars to give to Obama if he wasn't state property all along.
edit on 24-5-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

Its the other way around.

Examples
1. Your poor health service
2. Your assanine surveillance of the public
3. Your evil need for world domination via military force and killing of innocents.
4. Your need to have all firearms confiscated from the citizens
5. Your need to lower the standard of living for everyone in the country to preserve the top 1%

and on and on

I find myself inclined to agree with this post. I hate to seem rude but it just seems that whenever I find hostility to the freedoms I cherish online, it comes disproportionally from the UK.

My basic conclusion has been that many average UKers have been completely immersed in an atmosphere that presents freedom as something to be feared for so long, they don't realize how strange and overtly hostile it seems over here.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Piers Morgan is chasing ratings. He'll say whatever he thinks will do the job.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

And Adolf Hitler was just trying to be popular.

(I know. Godwin. I don't care)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

What's your point?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What's your point?

I don't have one. I was just trying to get a star.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Oh, so the rating whore changes his tune????

Nah, he is a progressive. He is doing this for ratings.

While what he speaks is truth, he doesn't believe it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

What's your point?

I don't have one. I was just trying to get a star.

Fair play, I've just given you a couple.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Morgan is a opportunistic sack of s***. .When the gun debate was going on, he pimped for the administration and helped demonize gun owners. Now, he sees people in an uproar over Obama's handling of all the scandals and is trying to improve his ratings. Too late Piers, we see you for what you are.

<< 1   >>

join