It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Places on earth not roamed yet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Is there places on earth where humans have not visited yet. Such as places in the wild and deserts.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There are places in the ocean where we cant go. Not sure about on land though

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yes, there are many such places. I will bet Antartica has quite a few. I am certain that Russia has some and Canada as well. Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana in the U.S. are pretty rugged and sparsely populated so I suppose they could have" unspoiled by man" areas too.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So the places not roamed yet on earth could have some very interesting facts hid secretly for eons.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I agree. I believe there are parts of Washinton and Oregon that humans have had little or no travel in.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtmo
So the places not roamed yet on earth could have some very interesting facts hid secretly for eons.

Quite possibly, but probably not. At least in areas that are surrounded by a somewhat high population.

[edit on 11/10/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I worked in the mountains and deserts of Nevada and Wyoming and everywhere there was evidence of American Indians having been there, so I doubt there are many places in America unvisited by man, except for perhaps in Alaska.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
certainly in the forests of russia,there have even been reports of "wooly mamoths" still living in the deepest parts untouched by man,how credible these are is a different matter?
There are about 150 islands dotted around the globe which are known but never visited,there positions are not even verified properley as much as to say they are inacurate on the admiralty charts.
one of these islans is " PAGALU" belonging to Equitoral Guinea,it used to belong to spain then portugal at which time it was called"Anabom" its right on the equator.
In 1999 a small research team went there and sent back a radio signal to verify its position,the waters around its coast are treacherous and laced with sharp volcanic rocks,making it virtually impossible to get anything other than a canoe in there.
It has a population of around 400 people and although obviously not untouched by humans as you suggested it still holds many secrets and is just one example of remote places untouched by western influence-a lost world if you like!
Its suspected that the bird the DODO may still live there? as well as undescovered species of birds and reptiles.
In March of next year i am involved with a research team going there to make a documentry and will share my finds with you on ATS,in the following years the same team i am involved with will be exploring other similar islands around the globe,many of which do not have human life on them.

Regards.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Are you sure? According to www.425dxn.org/dc3mf/annobon.html there is an airstrip and a missionary station.

According to islands.unep.ch... there is a population of 1900.

Nevertheless, this idea of unvisited islands is a fascinating one.

Steve Howarth

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
the pictures your looking at are wrong,there actually of Sao Tome which is about 180km away,the mission is real-it was built in about 1820,the population is 400 more or less-50 tribal families-believe me,im heavily involved with this project,so little is actually correct thats been printed.
regards.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
APOLOGIES MR STEVE HOWARTH,
there is an actual,temporary air strip but it isnt pictured,that one is Sao Tome.The one that is there is just a clearing and has only been used once to lift the team out that went in 99 ,also the figures that are listed for population are guestimated and have never been verified by independent sources away from the island-the runway is now over grown and virtually invisible.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
A large amount of the Amazon rainforest remains unexplored. Who knows what could be in there?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is a very interesting subject about places not roamed on earth yet i have learn a bit from your thoughts thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

A large amount of the Amazon rainforest remains unexplored. Who knows what could be in there?

yes,i read a story recentley off a an expedition somewhere in the amazon that encountred a tribe who had never seen white people,fourtunatley they were friendley but in the past years other expeditions havent been so lucky and met canibals and been attacked and so on!
I think theres a lot of places that still need extensive research doing on them especially at the poles!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

yes,i read a story recentley off a an expedition somewhere in the amazon that encountred a tribe who had never seen white people,fourtunatley they were friendley but in the past years other expeditions havent been so lucky and met canibals and been attacked and so on!
I think theres a lot of places that still need extensive research doing on them especially at the poles!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

E_T

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Much of ocean floors are big white areas.

The ocean composes 70.8% of the earth's surface. Sea water fills the basins separating the continents with an average depth of 3795 meters. The transition from the continental to the deep ocean or continental margins extend from the sea shore to around 2500 meters depth, it covers 40.7% of the ocean (29% of Earth surface). The deep basins composes of extensive flat plains of 4000 to 5000 meters depth, and the mid-ocean ridge, marking the axis of sea floor spreading where the crust tectonic plates of the earth form. The deep ocean covers about 59.3% of the ocean's surface (42% of Earth�s surface).

www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why can't we explore them...the bottom of the oceans for an example. We can conquer the problems of space and compression/decompression problems, but we can't conquer the problems of deep water...seems odd to me!

E_T

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Don't overestimate the abilities of mankind, we can barely go to moon.
Start talking about it when we have self-sufficient bases in space and other solar system bodies.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There's huge areas of Australia, like the Mitchell Plateau which have hardly been visited all, and the state of Western Australia (2 525 500 square km vs Texas 430316 square Kilometers) is so vast that there is far too few resources to catalog even a fraction of the flora and fauna of this region. In the north west it is routine to travel 250km's between roadhouses and there is thousands of miles of inland deserts barely visited.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join