It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Game. It's time for Western Military Intervention in Syria.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I'm not here for stars and flags. I'm here for debate.

For those that support Assad (most of you it would appear, but not all)

I'm sure that if the rebels were in control of 99% of Syria you'd be welcoming any intervention you could muster.
"Protect Syria"?
No.
Protect a Dictator? uh, yup.
I'm also sure that if Israel was about to put boots on the ground (they could invade easily) you'd be screaming for help as well. After all, it's the side that your on that counts. Isn't it? No intervention until one side is completely destroyed?
Shame.

If you support any particular side then (imo) you have no right to be on this thread. Good luck killing anyone and everything on the other side. (and to think that people find the idea of a no-fly zone to be barbaric. I'd laugh but it's sick.

For those that are afraid that a No Fly zone would create havoc on Syrias infrastructure?

really? LOOK at that video. Another few years and there won't be any damn infrastructure.

For those that think (lol) that this is Syria's problem and Syria's problem only?

Lebanese political leaders have been warning about and dreading the events of Sunday and Monday when the Syrian conflict was finally exported to the streets of Lebanon. At least five people have died in the port city of Tripoli in vicious clashes between supporters of the Assad regime and the Syrian rebels.

Lebanon (MNN) ― Over 3,000 people cross Syria's border into Lebanon every single day. Exactly one year ago, there were only 10,000 Syrian refugees in Lebanon. Today, there are over 400,000 seeking safety in a country with a population of little more than four million. The masses of people are getting bottlenecked in Sidon, so the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees opened a new and bigger registration center in Tyre, southern Lebanon, on April 9

Speaking to reporters after a Russian-Turkish Joint Strategic Planning Group in Istanbul, the minister said about 200,000 Syrians were living in refugee camps in Turkey. “The number of refugees in camps in Turkey exceeds 200,000. In other countries there are over 100,000 more. We have already allocated $700 million in aid to the refugees,” the minister said.

I respect all your contributions to this thread, but DON'T play the "matter of fact" card with me. This "civil war" WILL end, whether you think I'm "dumb" or "un-informed" or just plain cannot read.

believe it.

Status quo be damned
The Rebels be damned
Assad be damned.

. . Enough!!!

edit on 12-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I'll have to stop wasting time on this thread.

Thank you! (for your contribution)
-and nice...editing a warning thread. Thats a "no no" here

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Listen man,there has been an on-going attempt from the international community at bringing this conflict to a conclusion, through the UN,and on the ground in Syria ,Your plan to go in guns blazing is what has caused this thing in the first place.
This problem cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created it.
edit on 12-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

My plan to go in guns blazing started this thing?

In April 2011, the Syrian Army was deployed to quell the uprising, and soldiers were ordered to fire on demonstrators across the country.[69][70] After months of military sieges,[71] the protests evolved into an armed rebellion. Opposition forces, mainly composed of defected soldiers and civilian volunteers, became increasingly armed and organized as they unified into larger groups. However, the rebels remained fractured, without organized leadership. The Syrian government characterizes the insurgency as an uprising of "armed terrorist groups and foreign mercenaries".[72] The conflict has no clear fronts, with clashes taking place in many towns and cities across the country

The unrest began on 15 March in Damascus, in Aleppo, and in the southern city of Daraa, sometimes called the "Cradle of the Revolution".[124] Daraa had been straining under the influx of internal refugees who were forced to leave their northeastern lands, due to a drought exacerbated by the government's lack of provision.[125] The protests were triggered by the incarceration and torture of several young students, who were arrested for writing anti-government graffiti in the city

I believe that it was a government unable to do it's duties (and went in with guns blazing) -that started this thing.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Hi,

Last year, we had the 2012 phenomi-not that kept us running around like chickens...looking in the wrong places...like we do every year.

Happy day mommies!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

No not at all let them fight it out!!!! We the US /NATO have done enough for thees country's , we can not win their respect no matter what we do!!!; and we have had one Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan why an other? to get it from both sides one for coming in and on the other for coming late, just to be told in the end leave you have business here, but we will take your dollar and Aid.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It's not up to the USA. It's up to the world. If peace talks fail, then we could see a humanitarian catastrophe that would be ten times as bad as what one could expect from a joint "no fly zone" endeavor/

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Its down to the syrians alone and the only people who can broker a peace is the UN or the Arab league in one form or another. America, Europe and Russia have no credibility in the region any longer. External interferance (foreign boots on the ground to help either side) wouldnt quickly resolve it. It would pull in Iran and Israel after that WW3 would be unstoppable. The predictions for anothwer world war would be a minimum of 1 billion dead from fighting, famine and desease.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cnalterego

Good post. There is truth in it.
But what of the Israelis? Clearly they do what they want, when they want. How far are they willing to go?
How far would the West let them go?

Would the West have to "interject" if they decided to invade?

What dost thou thinketh?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I respect you opinion,but you are sidestepping my point,more bloodshed is not the answere here, peace in Syria will not come from a barrel of a gun.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Peace will not come to Syria then, as both sides have forsaken their duty as citizens. It's not about "region" but "religion"

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Cannuks555, it's like, you don't get the fact that the rebels are just mercenaries payed by NATO or US in order to get to the point they can remove the current Syria authorities to send in puppets and world banks to control the population there like they control about all the rest of the world.

No liberation, no democracy.

Where the media sees rebels, I see mercenaries to a bigger agenda.
Where the media sees liberators, I see oppressors.
Where the media sees liberty, I see control.

The western military is 100% responsible for Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya, Syria, Venezuela...the list goes on till everyone in the world is at the mercy of big banks and corporations that are controlled by only a handful of people that don't even see themselves like being "ordinary" human beings like the rest of us, the 99.9%.

We are the cattle, we feed them and in return we get death, destruction, prosecution, enslavement while as a civilization, we will never advance anywhere, we won't reach the stars and we won't reach enlightenment for as long that we are governed by people that put their personal gain in front of the whole world's.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

While I don't doubt that there are foreign elements involved, there is also the fact that many many Syrians were oppressed by Assads regime, and that he did a disgusting job handling the first hints of protest.
Actually the word "disgusting" doesn't really cut it.

He shot protesters. That (imo) is a war crime/crime against humanity.

Assad is no angel. No matter how good his propaganda machine is.
Believe it.

or not

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Protesters being targeted has occured in many other countries in recent times,besides NO evidence of such a crime has been laid before the UN counsel,but is Assas a baddie YES
I could say weve failed the 30,000 children that die each year of hunger and malnutrition,without so much as a whimper but that would be straying off topic.
Imo the only solution in Syria would be an international blockade of ALL weapons/ammo going in and out of that country.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

thus it becomes an UN issue, the US should not get involved at all, no aid no weapons no nothing it is their problem, for if you we do, it will come back and bite us the US, there are just to many unknowns. Who would we help? what fraction are they from or are? are they US backers or users even worse haters? , let say we do and Bashar al-Assad falls,

Iran would hold the US responsible so to would the rest or Syria's backers, is it worth an all out mid east war?

Turkey is not getting involved so why should we? If we give them weapons is it worth the risk that they could be used on US, or if we send in troops , is it worth an other Nam type war?

Prove to me that I am over reacting and my concerns are not based on fact.

should we let the rebels die and be over run by Syria forces or should we give UN aid: food, meds, and ammo, for them to deal out? there is the UK /EU that could send in forces and weapons and "field trainers" just as we the US could and can but should we? Give me one good reason why the US should play the roll of the worlds Big Bro Police force, by Military might, and put our men and women in an other 10 12 year war.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well here's the conundrum.
IMO the rebels are as ignorant, idiotic, and murderous as the regime itself.

Giving them weapons is not going to stop anything. Only prolong the problem.
There has to be a way to nullify the situation without catering to any particular side.
A DMZ zone. Though as one poster put forth, any UN action would "probably" be vetoed by either China or Russia.
DMZ zone might be the best answer to the problem though.
If things escalate then that will be the only option

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

cause no one in Egypt speaks English en.wikipedia.org...

only 1/3rd the population understands it! the site claims only the educated know english there, maybe it's all in english because the educated are the only ones who know what's really going on.

yes ATS, where did you go wrong?!

umm.. and I thought the USA was already intervening in Syria by arming the... nvm

edit on 12-5-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by bekod

Well here's the conundrum.
IMO the rebels are as ignorant, idiotic, and murderous as the regime itself.

Giving them weapons is not going to stop anything. Only prolong the problem.
There has to be a way to nullify the situation without catering to any particular side.
A DMZ zone. Though as one poster put forth, any UN action would "probably" be vetoed by either China or Russia.
DMZ zone might be the best answer to the problem though.
If things escalate then that will be the only option

I totally agree with you, the problem as a whole if you boil it down is rights, human rights.
How can NATO or any other organisation go into Syria without abusing any of the rights all human beings are governed by... they cannot because Syria is a sovereign nation.

Assad has these rights too and will know this, a case must be built as proof of abuse of his power against mankind, evidence is everything here and the Declaration of Human Rights must be followed by the book.
This is a horrid situation and I believe your are sincere with your concerns, truth is though atm people who care about the lives that are being wasted can do diddly squat about it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

the place looked ok until the rebels started the shooting .it is not the wests problem but who is arming the rebels ? and paying the wages of all those dogs of war or maybe they are doing it for nothing .

better the devil you know

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join