It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Corruption in the heart of Virginia (HIT&RUN/DUI)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Are you being purposefully obtuse? Your case has nothing to do with this case. As well, you were properly convicted and were then let off of the sentence because of technicalities. This guy wasn't even convicted of his obvious crime. Not only that, evidence that would have shown he was guilty was not allowed to be admitted.

You continue to say "show proof, show proof!". Well what the hell, I guess we should just ask his daddy, the judge, and anyone related if they were involved. I'm sure they would be more than willing to be truthful.

With that being said, it is obviously the most likely scenario that he got off because of connections. Now, is it certain? No. But people have gotten away with much worse because of their connections.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidFusion

It is a shame that the kids of privileged parents get off. Don't they realize they are only enabling them, and the kid doesn't learn a thing. The next time out, he might actually kill someone.

Drinking and driving is not worth it, the consequences range from bad, badder, to worse. If you feel you must go out and drink, have a designated driver, or better yet don't drink at all. I knew someone at work who killed someone when they were drunk. He did jail time, and he never was the same after the accident, he was definately tormented.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We have some of, if not THE harshest DUI laws in the country here:

3+ days jail first offence (no if's and's or butts) $300
Vehicle impounded (you have to pay like $600 to get it back)
Ignition interlock for 12 months (that can run you $1,300+)
loss of vehicle for 30 days
SR-22 Insurance for 5 years ($2,000 a year)
$1,500-2000 fine

There are also court fees and lawyer fees (if you hired one). All in all a conservative estimate is that a first time DUI will run you about $25,000.

No. Joke.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join