It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Emergency Use Authorization" declared regarding H7N9 Influenza?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Everytime I see threads along these lines, this comes to mind.

Here comes Captain Tripps.

Tha Dark Man is Coming!

M...O...O...N....That spells End Times.

edit on 30-4-2013 by TDawgRex because: Sorry, I couldn't help it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Things are a bit diffrent in the UK.

But im guessing it means that extra funding is pushed into makeing new diagnostic kits and the FDA process made more expediant in developing said kits.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Under Section 564 of the FD&C Act, the Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), acting under delegated authority from the Secretary of HHS, may issue an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA): 1) authorizing the emergency use of an unapproved drug, an unapproved or uncleared device, or an unlicensed biological product; or 2) an unapproved use of an approved drug, approved or cleared device, or licensed biological product.
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, at first when they were talking about in vetro, it seemed that they were talking about only testing in laboratories, but the above quote, that I took from your thread, seems like they are saying in emergency situations they can use unapproved drugs or devices on you.

In other words, when the s###- hits- the -fan, throw everything you got at it, approved or otherwise. Anyways, that was my take on it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

Im not a legal expert but worked makeing and developing diagnostic. But you basicly got it right I think.

You wont have untested drugs being used but the testing will be fast tracked and made number one priority.

You have to keep in mind that normaly it takes years to go through all the legal stages of development.

In a emergancy you dont have that luxury.
edit on 30-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You know, Tdawg? I was trying to NOT think about the opening segments of The Stand. lol..... That's a great movie ..until real news reports of a Super-Flu start making the rounds. It doesn't have to be engineered in any way, either. As Pandemics before man even knew what a virus was and disinfecting meant methods as likely to kill as save were the norm, tend to show, Nature is the most wicked laboratory in existence for producing nightmare bugs.

We're just lucky that the game of random rolls comes up 'Cpt Tripps' so rarely, eh?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
well whatever the case, say no to vaccines!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I haven't had any immunizations in quite awhile, not since 2007. I haven't been too sick yet. Common cold, hangovers
and the such.

ETA: Woops, I did have stage 2 pnemonia at one point but even beat that with nothing but chicken soup and asprin
and I will admit that wasn't fun, and probably would have gotten better faster if I had stopped smoking and drinking at the time. I just didn't realize (or to stupid) how sick I was until I started coughing up blood. At that point...I went to the Doc. But still didn't take his prescription as one of the side effects was rupturing tendons. NO THANK YOU!

I have a buddy here in Ohio that raises Chickens and Pigs trying to be self sustaining and all. I keep jokingly telling him that his farmette will be ground zero for H7N9 here in the states.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'd rather take my chances than take Big Pharmie's Snake Oil. When medicine returns to real medicine and sanity (good luck on that), then my sentiment will change.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Thanks - and fyi, I keep saying I suspect we're already dealing with a flu epidemic here in North America - so checked yesterday's obituaries. Out of 21 obits with date-of-birth stated (excluding "died suddenly" and the like), 9 were under 65, with one 66 years old - that's 43% - of these, all were male.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I find it really amusing all this anti vaccine paranoia.

I have worked in the industry. Although I have not worked directly on vaccines (my areas diagnotic kits) I have seen them made. Nothing goes into them except whats on the label!

And with all the QC checks you cant sneak anything extra in.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
I searched for the bill name and found and explanation from Cornell Law
There is further definition of terms and explanation at the link

(a) In general
(1) Emergency uses Notwithstanding any provision of this chapter and section 351 of the Public Health Service Act [42 U.S.C. 262], and subject to the provisions of this section, the Secretary may authorize the introduction into interstate commerce, during the effective period of a declaration under subsection (b) of this section, of a drug, device, or biological product intended for use in an actual or potential emergency (referred to in this section as an “emergency use”).

There is the key provision biological product. There were reports that the government called for the production of a vaccine for this bird flu. But such a vaccine would not have approval, so a declaration of emergency or in this case a declaration of "pre-emergency" gives the government cover to use the vaccine.

But since almost no one would willingly submit to an experimental vaccine, this is most likely going to be a live virus vaccine. NYTimes article on live virus polio vaccine

And because they involve live viruses, which can spread within a community, they can also confer immunity on others.

A live virus vaccine release can and will kill people, though not as many as a full outbreak of bird flu. Some are going to be sacrificed for the good of the herd, mostly the young, the old and the infirmed. Did anyone notice that during the swine flu outbreak a couple of years ago that there was a mild flu that swept through the population, imo that was a live virus vaccine release.
edit on 1-5-2013 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I believe the major issues over the vaccines are a combination of a well founded fear, albeit surprisingly few seem to know details of what brought it all about ...and a gnawing uncertainty regarding Autism and just what is causing the dramatic increase in numbers. (My Son's autistic, high functioning ..but still. Just to explain where I'm coming from and not from a purely academic interest in all this)

The well founded part:

The Swine Flu Affair isn't an "instant book" rushed into print because of the worldwide outbreak of H1N1 flu: It was published in 1978, and its title refers to the swine flu of 1976, when public health officials urged all Americans to get immunized against an epidemic that never materialized. Dozens of Americans fell ill with a rare condition linked to the 1976 flu vaccine, and some died.
Source

A neighbor and exceptionally kind man I knew growing up was almost killed by it. Ironic, as he was a Japanese-American who had spent time in the California Internment camps during the war. To have nearly died from that? Yikes!

Of course, that was also a combination of bad bad factors to form a perfect storm of dumb and by far not the only true medical "oopsy! did we do that??" nightmare to come from the 60's and 70's. Still..I think it lingers as an almost cultural memory of the vaccine people died from.

The other is the continuing battle between the "experts" on whether the combination of factors, vaccine elements and preservative ingredients combine to form or contribute to forming Autism in children. (shrug) I don't know myself, either way ..and that's the whole problem. There are some very well educated people with facts, figures and studies to say there is absolutely no connection. They also, often, can be theorized as having ulterior motives by position or employment, for saying that.

On the other side are also some well educated and very sincere sounding folks who insist it does have linkage....so, who to believe? I'd love to know ...but still, for all the time I've dropped into reading and learning? I can't say I feel I do, either way.

Having said that? If this bug develops further and a vaccine is available? (Big IF on both) I just don't know... I've never taken one, I recall, in my life. However, at the same time, I'm not willing to die for that stand if this is clearly holding a real high mortality rate while also human-human airborne for transmission.

* I need to note.. I've never taken a Flu Vaccine ..I had all the childhood vaccines and boosters everyone in the 70's got as kids
edit on 1-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by crazyewok

I believe the major issues over the vaccines are a combination of a well founded fear, albeit surprisingly few seem to know details of what brought it all about ...and a gnawing uncertainty regarding Autism and just what is causing the dramatic increase in numbers. (My Son's autistic, high functioning ..but still. Just to explain where I'm coming from and not from a purely academic interest in all this)

The well founded part:

The Swine Flu Affair isn't an "instant book" rushed into print because of the worldwide outbreak of H1N1 flu: It was published in 1978, and its title refers to the swine flu of 1976, when public health officials urged all Americans to get immunized against an epidemic that never materialized. Dozens of Americans fell ill with a rare condition linked to the 1976 flu vaccine, and some died.
Source

A neighbor and exceptionally kind man I knew growing up was almost killed by it. Ironic, as he was a Japanese-American who had spent time in the California Internment camps during the war. To have nearly died from that? Yikes!

Of course, that was also a combination of bad bad factors to form a perfect storm of dumb and by far not the only true medical "oopsy! did we do that??" nightmare to come from the 60's and 70's. Still..I think it lingers as an almost cultural memory of the vaccine people died from.

The other is the continuing battle between the "experts" on whether the combination of factors, vaccine elements and preservative ingredients combine to form or contribute to forming Autism in children. (shrug) I don't know myself, either way ..and that's the whole problem. There are some very well educated people with facts, figures and studies to say there is absolutely no connection. They also, often, can be theorized as having ulterior motives by position or employment, for saying that.

On the other side are also some well educated and very sincere sounding folks who insist it does have linkage....so, who to believe? I'd love to know ...but still, for all the time I've dropped into reading and learning? I can't say I feel I do, either way.

Having said that? If this bug develops further and a vaccine is available? (Big IF on both) I just don't know... I've never taken one, I recall, in my life. However, at the same time, I'm not willing to die for that stand if this is clearly holding a real high mortality rate while also human-human airborne for transmission.

Good post.

Well with the MMR vaccine scare. I personally don't see a link. What caused the scare was some one saw a graph of increased autism and a graph of increased use of MMR and suggested a study and it all took off as people who had no medical or scientific background started jumping to conclusions. Fact is the increase in austim COULD and I stress could be caused by many other things which we have increased use off. That could be anything from increase pollutants or even increased electricity usage. Fact is no one has found any direct links to tie Autism with anything yet. Basically ones best defence at the moment would be to go live in a cave in the middle of nowhere at the moment and shun anything that is newer that 50 years old.

As for live vaccines and the risk. Its abit of a no win situation. You can take the risk of not doing naything in which if a epidemic takes off it could kill thousands or millions. Or you vaccinate people and risk killing a few hundred but it prevents the mass deaths, There is no right awnser to be honest...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Well.... over here in the UK the PHE (Public Health Organisation) have stated that there is cause for concern with people travelling to and from the Far East:

news.sky.com...

At least 126 people in China have been infected with the H7N9 virus, most of them near Shanghai. So far around 20% have died. Another 60% have been treated in hospital for serious lung problems.

Public Health England (PHE) has taken the precaution of writing to GPs, warning them to be alert for symptoms in travellers returning from the Far East.

So, it looks like this strain is pretty deadly. I hope that it dies out soon and doesnt reach a place like London because it is very crowded in the City and any bug would quickly spread!!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Doesn't even need to be man made, nature will eventually find a way. We are due for another pandemic, statistically speaking.

and loved The Stand (book was better though, and I think they are going to remake that movie)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

To be honnest the world needs a population reduction.....starting with the hippies and new age woo woo wackos who think vaccine and medication have mind control implants or [insert insane theroy here]

edit on 1-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I just can't get worked up about these "epidemics" anymore. Remember H1N1? I lived in San Diego during that fiasco and everybody was so nervous about it. Funny thing was, way more people died of the regular flu that year than H1N1. Sometimes I wonder if there's something more sinister to all the vaccinations we're supposed to get every year...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
For all activity related to H7N9, please bookmark the following page:

www.recombinomics.com...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Bird Flue curently has a mortality rate of around 24%

But they neglect to mention that the test its self has a 98% mortality rate..lol

J.K.

Seriousley tho. Just don't root any chineese chickens while your on holiday and you should be fine..

edit on 5/2/2013 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by MidnightTide

To be honnest the world needs a population reduction.....starting with the hippies and new age woo woo wackos who think vaccine and medication have mind control implants or [insert insane theroy here]

edit on 1-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

You should be careful what you wish for because when you and others keep saying things like 'we need to be killed off to start over' it means you are one of those bringing these epidemics closer because you are wishing for it.

Yes, some people do need to disappear from this Earth but just don't wish for Epidemics or big Catastrophie's to happen because your wishes are becoming reality.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join