It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus: Should he have experienced guilt?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As the common story presents itself, Jesus came down to earth as a man. He began to see life through our eyes but he never knew what it was like to feel guilt. If he truly was to become like us, I think it would have been more humble to know what its like to be wrong or regret doing something. Guilt/Regret is a huge driving force in our lives.

He never had to feel not good enough or hopeless. Do you think that blinds him from relating to the human condition?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Its quite possible he may have actually...

If you consider the infancy gospels to be legit...

Did Jesus Kill?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
He should have felt "white guilt" seeing as he is portrayed as a white bloke in a land where there weren't any.

Guilt and regret are huge driving forces in Christianity.

edit on 24-4-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
He should have felt "white guilt" seeing as he is portrayed as a white bloke in a land where there weren't any.

He wasnt white, he was from the middle east.
and He did experience guilt, He bore the guilt of humanity, other peoples guilt. A more compassionate man never existed
edit on 24-4-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
you state a possibility, your personal opinion on that possibility where you state you know how Jesus thought.. i applaud you Sir!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Who says he didn't feel guilt? Can you tell me where you have read that he did not? (I'm not being sarcastic, I have just never heard this before)

I would imagine that if he were here, as a man, then he would have felt at some point all the things that man feels.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Every picture I've seen of JC he was a white guy with a beard, why is that?

"A more compassionate man never existed"? I though He wasn't 'a man'?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Most also have Jesus in a gleaming white robe, with manicured nails, a flawless complexion...

Not to mention brilliantly styled long dirty blond hair...

Idealised imagery... that's all it is... Oh and of course a strange "white superiority complex" that seems to infest the world...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My Christian friends say he was God. If that's the case, would God feel guilty?

Perhaps, as he was supposedly a highly enlightened individual, he may have felt sorry for the sandle-wearing clods which surrounded him who lived in "dark."

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Allow me to explain myself.

When I was a child we had a huge image of Jesus on the cross at our door in school, a bloody and shocking depiction of torture confronted us every day as we entered the building. As the years passed I realized that the nuns who taught us were actually demented and their beliefs were perversions of nature, and I began to feel sorry for devout Christians. God, in my opinion, if there is one, has very little to do, in fact nothing to do with dogmatic book-lore, iconography etc.

If you know God then you don't need a book to reassure yourself right?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I would agree for the most part... but the imagery that you see in "religious establishments" is rarely if ever the same as the message that you'll find in the gospels...

While its true, you don't need a book to find God... I would still say the gospels definitely help one find the true God... which in my humble opinion, is not the same as the one found in most of the bible.

Jesus Vs The imposter

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
As the common story presents itself, Jesus came down to earth as a man. He began to see life through our eyes but he never knew what it was like to feel guilt. If he truly was to become like us, I think it would have been more humble to know what its like to be wrong or regret doing something. Guilt/Regret is a huge driving force in our lives.

He never had to feel not good enough or hopeless. Do you think that blinds him from relating to the human condition?

Jesus had pure Empathy for all men. He knew what was in a man. It was only by him believing in all men that he could submit himself to the cross. If even one is lost than his sacrafice was incomplete. If he was perfect than the promise is for all. I believe he was perfect and the promise is for all. He did not need to sin to undertand what it did to his brothers.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know I come across as disrespectful, and to you I mean no disrespect, sincerely.

Tell me why you believe that the Gospels are the word of God? Well, you don't have to tell me, but you know I don't believe they are the actual word of God any more than any other book written by men.

Have you read the Tao Te Ching?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy

This and similar questions have been discussed, argued, and fought over since around 300 AD in the early Roman/Christian Church. Not just did he feel guilt, but as well pain, and suffering ? If he didn't then as you have asked, does that blind him from relating(paraphrased). Others were concerned that if he did feel these, then it takes away from his Divine nature.

I'll stop there before I say anything too silly and someone with better knowledge corrects me. However,if you look up "Council of Nicea" you'll see some of the quandries involved,.... for further insight perhaps read the book "Jesus Wars" by Philip Jenkins which goes into further detail involving this question and the history of the early Christian Church.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Most also have Jesus in a gleaming white robe, with manicured nails, a flawless complexion...

Not to mention brilliantly styled long dirty blond hair...

Idealised imagery... that's all it is... Oh and of course a strange "white superiority complex" that seems to infest the world...

Sometimes I am slow but I realized the other day that rather than listening to Jesus as a teacher, they have idolized him as God. Something he clearly said not to do. I see why you don't like Paul so much now. But that is still not Paul's message. Since I did not even get that until now, I'm pretty sure I understand Paul a little better than the church. I actually think he agree with Christ, the church not even close, but Christ yes.

Play the game the word love is the key and you should know if there is any key it would be the word love. Jesus claimed to be the light/love of this world. Paul simply is worshiping love in the name of Jesus Christ his teacher. It was Christ that taught him love, so he is acknowledging that the source of his love was the Christ.

To eliminate the Idol worship changes the words that are synonym for love and change them to love. Jesus being one that needs to be changed. It changes the whole message from worship the Jesus persona to worship love.

Would we not agree that to worship/pursue/actively love is what Jesus is teaching? In essence God is love, and has always loved us, so that we can let go of what hinders us and become one with all.

How far off am I from understanding you?
edit on 24-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I know I come across as disrespectful, and to you I mean no disrespect, sincerely.

Tell me why you believe that the Gospels are the word of God? Well, you don't have to tell me, but you know I don't believe they are the actual word of God any more than any other book written by men.

Have you read the Tao Te Ching?

They aren't the word of God... They are words from God... given by his son...

All you have to do is read them and you'll realize Jesus wasn't an ordinary man... the gospels "can awaken" the reader to an understanding of how life is meant to be led... They bring peace, both inner and outer

And don't forget Thomas

You can read them a million times and you'll almost always find new information... that just hits you...

There is just a "feeling" that he is the one... a biblical Neo...

edit on 24-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Would we not agree that to worship/pursue/actively love is what Jesus is teaching? In essence God is love, and has always loved us, so that we can let go of what hinders us and become one with all.

How far off am I from understanding you?

Well the worship of love can easily turn to lust...

Other then that you're with me...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes most definitely it can. Even love follows a few rules. Well actually if follows all of them, at least any that matter.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

"A more compassionate man never existed"? I though He wasn't 'a man'?

I dont know why He is pictured as a Caucasian, maybe because the European artists wanted that image.

Yes He was a man, fully man carm.org... , I cant explain or understand it but I accept it by faith, you dont have to

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Perhaps Jesus entered the world guilty. Guilty as one of the "Sons of God" who led and encouraged people to do horrible things, like the deity Yahweh of the Old Testament did. His life was a punishment, a prison sentence, and he had to do community service, as well! His death, his penalty and what was the required punishment issued by "The Most High" in Psalms 82:

God stands in the congregation of the mighty;
He judges among the gods.

6 I said, “You are gods,
And all of you are children of the Most High.
7 But you shall die like men,
And fall like one of the princes.”

top topics

<<   2 >>

join