It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Think? - $1billion MegaMillions, British Winner?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is just a bit of fun - a harmless, light entertainment scenario.

- So, the MegaMillions is about to hit $1billion in the US.

- I'm a British person who has just recently won £9.9m on the National Lottery in the UK (odds 14million to 1 of winning) and I'm ecstatic (and remain anonymous)!

- To celebrate, I go off on a trip to California.

- One night, as I'm out with some hot girls, I stop at a gas station in my Hummer. I hear the buzz about the billion-dollar jackpot. I pay for gas and as I'm doing so, I nonchalantly say (thinking that it'll be a laugh) to the shopkeeper to give me 5 quick picks ($5 altogether).

- 5 days later I find out that I've won. I'm completely over the moon - this is a lot; altogether, after state tax, especially as Cali doesn't charge a tax, I get $483.71m (£314m)!

The question is, what would you think? What would you think of me? What would you say?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'd probably say your a lucky Ba****d! But I'd tell you to enjoy every penny and wish you well.
Everyone is entitled to some good fortune now and again.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'd say we just got advertised upon...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

I'd say, "At least it wasn't a Canadian!"

(I'm joking so don't all you Canadians get your panties in a bunch.)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The next round is on you
Oh and the next and, and, and

Cody

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I would say your life is likely in ruin, you can trust no one, so you never feel loved. Any woman that is hot is suspect. Your relatives all turn into needy SOB's, Your friends are also all pitching every business idea they have ever had and you are in a position to be used or once again, or left alone as you seem "too greedy".

You will spend a lot of that money trying to protect that money from every insurance scammer on the planet. Legal fees will outweigh the taxes you saved in California. It is only a matter of time before the Government finds a reason to simply take the cash.

Have fun!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'd wish you luck, hope you use some of the money wisely, ( By that, I don't mean dishing
it out to family ! ) and above all, I would hope it can make you happy.

If nothing else, it would bring you security. Stay anonymous, and don't flash it about !

Good luck !

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You will get a haircut, by your bankers and not your usual barber.

Goodluck, anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Need a Butler?

Or as Yozzer Hughes says...

edit on 12-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No chance - especially given the fact that I noted the odds of the UK lotto (14million to 1) - no company would enthusiastically do that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The question is, what would you think? What would you think of me? What would you say?

Would you adopt me?

CX

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well with the way the banks are doing things at the moment, i'd say, "You're going to need a bigger mattress."

Other than that, good luck to you.

CX.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Haha!! Don't think I could cope with kids yet, regardless of how much money I would have!

top topics

join