It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking into the future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
To Moderators: I'm not quite sure is this the right place - if it isn't please put it there where it suppose to be, thanx

So it seems to be Bush won the elections.
Many of you were voting for him, many against him - I was witnessing a lot of discussions heated up to a point of boiling
What will happen now? I'm curious how all of you look at the next four years.
What you expect from your government?
What are you afraid of?
How do you see your near future?
I welcome all your thoughts
Thank you,
jazzgul

[edit on 3-11-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I see an upcoming civil war in the US and a global war as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Do you think Bush politics are so bad for your country?? It seems to be majority prefers his ways...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm selling my stock in Stem Cells!!! haha

I'm in Dayton Ohio, I am scared!!!

Ol' Bin gonna see we are the ones who gave him the election.

Anyone have a nice bunker for sale???

I will probably have to take in my mother, she won't be able to afford her own place anymore.

I will have to stay away from places where people gather like Games, Malls, Concerts and tall public buildings.

I will worry more when I send my children to school!

I think I'm buying Gold.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Do you think Bush politics are so bad for your country?? It seems to be majority prefers his ways...

Maybe the majority of the US prefers him over Kerry, but if you look at the number of States located near the east- and westcoast it's clear to see that the people over there prefer Kerry. The re-election of Bush is bad news for the whole world. He's (or seems to be) very short-sighted when it comes to oil and the upcoming energy-problem. Next to that he's a proclaimer of a new world order, a world government, with one president who's within total control. It's a big brother scenario. Global communism. And that's a frightening thought.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Olafski]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Riots, Marshall law, Terroracts, Patriot act II, civil war?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I do agree that Bush politics is not welcomed in many countries - his policy is dangerous for the world peace (is there any peace now?). Many of the "blue" states noticed that - it seems to be that they are more world orientated. Am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul

What will happen now? I'm curious how all of you look at the next four years.

What you expect from your government?
What are you afraid of?
How do you see your near future?
I welcome all your thoughts
Thank you,
jazzgul

* next 4 yrs; continued division between 'camps' of political-religious-social
more of the 'Bush policy'=preemptive actions
more 'compasionate-conservatism' at home & abroad
greater unity & more 'treaties' w/Israel & subordinate posture of MidEast to 'Pax-America'

* from the regime; tax reform, curtailed abortion 'rights', private SS accounts, 'stacking' the supreme court & federal appellates, larger pvt.
health-care accounts, massive energy conversions of shale & coal resources

* my future; hounded by the govt, DHS, FBI etc

* the above is not as bleak & cynical as you might suppose...the wild-card
factor is the growing # of residents and crowding >to fill every niche<
and the resulting 'problems'... to control/lead/guide this mass-of-people

might turn out to be those dystopias the conspiracy-theorists &
hip-hop & hollywood & media moguls put out there.

->just some scattered musings...s/st u

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla

Ol' Bin was last seen riding his goat to Ohio.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by aryaputhra]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I see a great future for humanity.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra

Originally posted by Tesla

Ol' Bin was last seen riding his goat to Ohio.

"Can't ride home on a bowl of goat... that's what I always say..."
Comedian Ron White

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Ok, up till now most of your replies are going towards black predictions

What about those people who did vote for Bush? Can I get some positive input?
Is there any chance NEXT FOUR YEARS MIGHT BE BETTER IN SOME WAYS?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hmm, just wait until Ashcroft starts putting the religious interpretation into the constitution.

The Supreme Court is going to be a mini tragedy of it's own too - all couched in crap about 'healing division' and 'coming together as a nation' of course. Bush will replace (up to 3 or 4?) retirees with people with at least 20yrs in them and the USA will not look fondly back on this election IMO.

Enjoy the 'evangelical fundamentalist nationalist America' you have just voted for.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

To Moderators: I'm not quite sure is this the right place - if it isn't please put it there where it suppose to be, thanx

What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid of the backward no-brains who voted for GB. Have nightmares about them frequently. In my dreams they sail to Manhattan, en mass, wearing polyester pants, bright blue eye shadow and little white "tennis shoes."

"Renounce basic black," they chant. "Give up your fashion sense, New York....."

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I see more division in the US after this, and more of a polarization of the world against the United States, since they know they're going to have to put up with 4 more years of crap.

I think Kofi Annan will throw himself out of a window.

I think people who hated Bush so passionately will continue to hate him even MORE passionately for the next four years, and blame some of their own fellow countrymen for putting him back in the driver's seat.

I see Canada getting a mass influx of American immigrant applications.

I see big business cackling with glee.

j

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I already know 2 familes that are planning to move to Canada as a result of this Bush win.

I'm predicting record migration records from the US.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Olafski
Maybe the majority of the US prefers him over Kerry, but if you look at the number of States located near the east- and westcoast it's clear to see that the people over there prefer Kerry.

Know why? If you think about it the coast states are the ones that have had to live with the very real fear of a terrorist attack in their own back yard as are the states around the great lakes (also mostly taken by Kerry). So what does this mean? Perhaps that they desire a change more then the same old.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

He is against gay marriage and so are all the church goers.....Kerry cared more about important things than what two people in love are doing in their own bedroom...there's a big part of it right there.....I give it a year before people start thinking, whether thy admit it or not, that they were wrong!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
He is against gay marriage and so are all the church goers.....Kerry cared more about important things than what two people in love are doing in their own bedroom...there's a big part of it right there.....I give it a year before people start thinking, whether thy admit it or not, that they were wrong!

So what about those ATS people who were voting for Bush too - do you think they don't see danger of Bush foreign policy? I don't believe that, maybe there are some important reasons behind their choice- I really would like to know...
I didn't see any positive prediction yet.
Why???????

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I give it a year before people start thinking, whether thy admit it or not, that they were wrong!

I think you give people too much credit. Just look at all the people that voted for bush and wonder what they think he has improved in the past 4 years. I can't think of a single thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join