It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals getting Massive Tax Refunds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You are not even close to the truth but enough, if you come here to the south in my neck of the woods you will see first hand how this people live "illegals" and breeding is all they are good at, beside scamming the tax payers off.

BTW I am Latina so I have no problem telling the truth about illegal immigration
edit on 8-4-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The point is, the government is the source of a lot of money for a lot of people. There are all manner of loopholes put in that are used. By everyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

The point is, the government is the source of a lot of money for a lot of people. There are all manner of loopholes put in that are used. By everyone.
I guess my point is that I pay taxes and don't get any kind of check from the government.

Where's my cut if I am pulling off some kind of scam?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Actually the government doesn't make any money they take away from the hard working class in the name of taxes, what the government is good at is to create waste and abuse. I guess if you get money that you don't have to work for you have no reason why to keep accountability for it because is always a sucker to leach.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Unfortunately in this case there was no need for fraudulent documents. The company was so hard up for people they were hiring ANYONE WITHOUT any Documentation.

Part of that problem goes with having work that no one wants to do. I mean it is bad enough that our country can't get people who can work to work.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh I know- I live in Las Vegas. We have more than our fair share of illegals here. This city has become a haven for illegal immigrants who have pretty much taken over the workforce.

Its sick and embarassing.

These would be felony charges for Americans if they got caught doing this- yet the illegals get away with it.

Makes me fuming mad that people look the other way while the citizens of this country are getting robbed and raped at the same time.

Seems like nobody gives a damn about this country anymore or where it is headed.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"Part of that problem goes with having work that no one wants to do."

I am so sick and tired of this BS arguement.

I was doing grunt work for a good portion of my young adult life, until I was drowned out by illegals who
supposedly were doing the jobs "I didnt want to do".

The people who say that- are usually gubbament check grabbing democrats that never worked hard in their
entire life.

Its BS. All of those lame excuses- BS!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I get mad too, is hard to see how the hard worker legal America gets robbed by the government and penalized if they try to keep what they already have earned and we are suppose to sit there and say nothing, because if you bring the issue to the light you get to be call names.

No wonder this nation is going down the toilet when people have no clue anymore what is suppose to be the issues they should be fighting for.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You are so right, the mantra for decades to explain illegal workers in the nation has been "the jobs that nobody wants" and when you recite a mantra long enough you end up believing the lies.

When you dig dipper you get to learn that the big corporate pimps are the ones that created the mantra to lower the living standards of Americas while reaping the highest profits. History has become an obsolete subject in Americas curriculum this days.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I really want to see the second part of this video. Hope the OP can post it for us when it becomes available.

Thanks for the replies Marg- glad to know Im not the only one who gets bothered by this.

Edit to respond to last reply-

Thats for sure- especially in the construction industry. You will be hard pressed to find a framing crew that isnt
composed entirely of illegal immigrants. To get on one of those crews- if you arent illegal-you wont get the job because not only have they driven the pay rate down- but they wont have you if you cant communicate to your
workers. I know this for fact- lots of my family members who built houses have been driven out because of these problem. They are forcing people out of their own cities. Maybe thats the plan?

edit on 8-4-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
You shouldn't blame your failures on other people.

That's funny.

Because I regularly hear that the drug problems ravaging Mexico to this very day is entirely the fault of the United States. All the time actually.

Anyway, if people claim they are only breaking the law to flee a horrible life and find a better one, they are starting off on the wrong foot by jumping into tax fraud.

That sort of kills the innocent hard-worker image we are being given.
What's it teaching their children? Skirt the law when it's to your advantage?

It kind of screams, "I'll not only come into your Country without telling you, but also scam your government".

It's pretty shameless.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Since morality is perceptive and subjective, there is little use in trying to take a position of the moral high ground.

I am not arguing for tax fraud. I want the IRS disbanded altogether. But the problem here is not people who will take advantage of a free ride, but rather a government that creates such a tangled web of tax burden that these loopholes exist in the first place.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Don't worry people we got a bill now in congress for the legalization of 11 million immigrants, well that means that a bill without a stop for more illegal immigration with reinforced border will bring 20 more millions in another 10 years, because 11 million illegals that will be legalized means that is another 11 million already in the US that will not.

So get ready for the ever increasing welfare state in the nation with a down the hill health care system to become worst and lower standards of living for the working class, after all who is going to support the new increase of welfare recipients, but the already over worked working class.

Now we will have to support the none qualifying mandated into insurance group and the added welfare increases.

America is really going down the toilet.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Don't worry people we got a bill now in congress for the legalization of 11 million immigrants, well that means that a bill without a stop for more illegal immigration with reinforced border will bring 20 more millions in another 10 years, because 11 million illegals that will be legalized means that is another 11 million already in the US that will not.

So get ready for the ever increasing welfare state in the nation with a down the hill health care system to become worst and lower standards of living for the working class, after all who is going to support the new increase of welfare recipients, but the already over worked working class.

Now we will have to support the none qualifying mandated into insurance group and the added welfare increases.

America is really going down the toilet.

This is my fear. With the legalization of that many immigrants, the drain on the welfare system will be staggering. They will be able to get tax credits for all of the children legally, and we really can't afford that!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Since morality is perceptive and subjective, there is little use in trying to take a position of the moral high ground.

I am not arguing for tax fraud. I want the IRS disbanded altogether. But the problem here is not people who will take advantage of a free ride, but rather a government that creates such a tangled web of tax burden that these loopholes exist in the first place.
The IRS made easier for them, but they are still cheating.

I don't believe that the ITIN makes it legal to claim people that live in Mexico... never having even set foot in the US ,as dependents.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

If we had a flat tax, or a consumption tax, or any other tax function whereby people were not their own watch dogs, then this would not be an issue. Each time the register went off, you and Uncle Sam would be made whole with each other.

Instead, we have a system where the really rich and the really poor both have the motivation to cheat the system. And the folks responsible for changing it aren't likely to do so anytime soon. It will either cost them money or votes, neither of which they will relinquish on their own.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

If we had a flat tax, or a consumption tax, or any other tax function whereby people were not their own watch dogs, then this would not be an issue. Each time the register went off, you and Uncle Sam would be made whole with each other.

Instead, we have a system where the really rich and the really poor both have the motivation to cheat the system. And the folks responsible for changing it aren't likely to do so anytime soon. It will either cost them money or votes, neither of which they will relinquish on their own.
I am all for a flat tax.

But as it is now, I am unhappy. It probably has something to do with my upbringing. I was taught by my parents that cheating is wrong. Sure, we can say that everyone does it, so... 'oh well, who cares?'
I care. I don't cheat. I don't expect a reward. But the turn a blind eye toward wrongdoing attitude is what has given us gangbangers and driveby shootings.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Read Civil Disobedience. That will likely give you far greater understanding of my viewpoint.

Now enough with this divide and conquer nonsense. Lets look at some low hanging fruit if we want to save our tax dollars. How about military spending?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Read Civil Disobedience. That will likely give you far greater understanding of my viewpoint

I know how to live it, believe it or not.

I don't steal though... and I sure could use the money that Uncle Sam takes from me.
edit on 8-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Let me tell you a true story:

I grew up and lived in a town called Oxnard for 35 years, Oxnard which is in southern California and located between Malibu and Santa Barbara, It's largely a agricultural area know for it's strawberry's, and has a very large Hispanic population 70% to 80% now. Back in the 90s I worked for a company that did weatherization for low income housing which was free to those who qualified, and paid for by the Feds. There were certain areas of Oxnard that were like stepping into Tijuana, the largest area was called "Colonia". We worked a lot in Colonia and saw a pattern on how these illegal farm workers not only survived but thrived...
In a 4 bedroom house there would be a family in each room, the garage would be divided down the middle with plywood and there would be a family living on each side. They were all collecting welfare, food stamps and working under the table doing farm work...... and EVERY ONE OF THEM HAD A BRAND NEW CAR PARKED OUT FRONT !!!
They learned to work the System, the Loop Holes, the kindness of their host country by learning from those who came before them...as they now teach those coming across the border how to do the same. It's a endless cycle that's not going to be broken soon.
So pay your taxes the Mexicans need the Money !!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join