It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Accept The Mark Of The Beast?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

When you're waiting for the the rapture and it already came,

Isn't it ironic, dontcha think?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am already going to hell.

So I would consider "The Mark" as a kind of stamp pass to a dance party.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
No mark for me, thanks. Not because I am religious but because I don't like to have things on my body.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I don't think we're quite there yet because the source text is pretty unambiguous: the mark or χάραγμα (charagma) is an impress, stamp, sculpture or etching.

But it definitely feels like we are being made ready.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

Look again. It reads in the forehead or hand. in not on. Most people say on so I just wanted to make note of that for you.

eta: idk if it was really playing on the mark of the beast fears, but I have seen a documentary that was from the perspective of a doctor/technician, and he said the best place to implant those rfid chips would be in the wrist or the forehead, because it stays cool there. The documentary did not seem religious in nature at all, and it was pro-rfid chip.
edit on 3/19/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Well, I'm looking at a Greek translation now and it uses the preposition ἐπὶ (epi)
meaning 'on or upon'.

I guess it could be used figuratively, in which case you could be right.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

Now you have me doubting the nature of the mark. I didn't know it had so many different interpretations. The only thing I can see, that it clearly defines, is that it is some form of a marker.

Bible semantics are stressful.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApokalypsisRising
Let's say the rapture happens, the church has left the world, and society is in chaos due to the catastrophic remnants of people vanishing (planes crashing, motor vehicle accidents, nuclear plant workers, whatever)

Would you get the mark to function in society? Or would you give your head for eternal life?

Some say that the mark of the beast is the Catholic sabbath Sunday. If that is true than just about every one in the world have already accepted the mark of the beast.

Most trades conducted in the world are done by the Gregorian standard. By the standard of the gregorian callander.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I've actually studied the topic of the rapture in some detail as it pertains to different generations. Every single generation from the time of Christ's execution believed they were living in the final days.

You can pick any decade and there is documentation of people claiming this or that is a sign that they were living in the end times.

In my opinion, 2000+ years is not even a drop in the bucket of time in Gods view so when people point to certain signs that today is it I just sort of chuckle to myself. For all we know, God doesn't have anything planned for the next 2 million years.

I doubt if he'd create the world just to end it in basically no time whatsoever.

You make a very valid point above, and it should lead us to realise that the study of 'Revelation' has been applicable to every single generation of those in faith. Therefore, the verse pertaining to the mark of the beast, in which the 'earth beast' causes ALL to receive the mark, must be weighed against who overcomes it - those who remain faithful and keep God's commands. This latter group overcomes the mark of the beast given to ALL. The world of popular prophecy interpretation today holds the mark to be something upcoming for one sole reason - to keep us from understanding that we already have the mark.

2 Peter 2:3-4, " According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue; Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be PARTAKERS OF THE DIVINE NATURE, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

The beast is earthly man - the nature in ADAM.
False prophets abound today. Just as they are believed by most Christians, the same holds true for non Christians.
The leaders in the world today have written and sold a hugely popular carnal interpretation of 'Revelation', and are busy fulfilling it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

The mark is selfishness. What is the mind frame of animals? They are selfish by nature. The mark of mankind is Carbon (6 protons, 6 electrons, 6 neutrons). This mark also extends to our commerce system based on fossil fuel. Our fruit of knowledge is the technology that produces our selfishness for more. What you see and grab is literally in our hand and forehead. It is IN and not ON.

Above, there are 18 markers of selfishness. They are divided 6+6+6. The ENTIRE Bible is one large parable about giving rather than taking. Each story ends with the lessons of doing for others. This is the sacrifice of the temple to overcome the beast. As we live our lives daily, we are placed in situations where a choice to serve our selves or others is experienced. Suffering for others brings reward. Taking reward ends in suffering. Taking is the mark of a thief. One thief on the cross repented and the other did not. Baptism is our immersion into the waters of life so we can rise to new life. To rise, we must overcome our own selfish natures and serve others. Christ washed the feet of the disciples as our example. He died on a cross rather than living his own life.

Selfishness is the mark of the beast.

Thread on the Topic

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by monkcaw

If you're American, you either REMEMBER your Social Security Number (it's in/on your head)
or, you show your Social Security Number card in your hand.

Marks need not be literal. As exampled by the Social Security Number system (which you are required to have to get a job), such a "Mark" of the "beast" may already be a reality in the USA.
lolz
All the super Christians of 'Murica gotz the Mark!

Eh. It'd be quite funny if true.
Oh noes!

edit on 19-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'd overthrow Satan and make everyone wear the. . .

wait for it. . .

. . . wait for it. . .

. . . .

The Mark of The Beez

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'd overthrow Satan and make everyone wear the. . .

wait for it. . .

. . . wait for it. . .

. . . .

The Mark of The Beez

I am NOT getting a bunny tattoo!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

Would you get the mark to function in society? Or would you give your head for eternal life?

First, tell me what the hell I want with eternal life. Why would I want to live forever? Immortality is the cheapest gimmick in the book. Death is the only thing that makes life worthwhile. If you have a million dollars, money because worthless, right? So if you have a million years to live, what's that do to the value of life?

The more you have, the less it's worth. More IS less. The problem with people nowadays is they have no idea how to evaluate this sort of thing. But if I'm wrong, prove it to me. Try to sell me on this.
edit on 19-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Not sure it is going to go down that way whatever any book say. Just because somebody say this is true does not mean god has sanctioned it and in this life my lesson have been do not trust what people say about god but go directly to the source and find out.

But yes we live in mysterious times. 11:11

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Yes people who are caught up in duality and one single view is a pain in my logical mind and their duality creates an opposite duality in me. But if you read the bible with a certain nondualistic viewpoint then you can frankly find the same message in the bible (as in buddhism, toltec, hindusim) and Jesus teachings.

There are Christians who are loving and not hateful and can see thru their own egos view. Even Jesus himself said he would leave 2 different group of Christians when he left. The goats and the sheep. I do not have any problems with the sheep but think the goats are bullies so those I do not want anything to do with.

For instance you cannot believe a loving god who believe in equality and love for your fellow man and woman as yourself would let people like Westboro Baptist Church have a pass into heaven? Their hate would destroy and infect heaven directly. Even the highest evolved blessed ONES who is so loving against souls would have it hard time not to kick their ass when they sprout their hate.
edit on 19-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
It seems that Revelations 13:16-17 speaks about people getting one of three "marks." There is the mark of the beast, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Also interesting is the position of the mark, placed either on the forehead or
on the hand. Why two locations? Does this mean people have a choice in where they receive the mark?

Perhaps it indicates a separator-of-people type program is in effect, where highly honored
people receive a mark on the forehead and perhaps other malcontents can get by with just a mark on their
hand.

This may be how many deceive themselves into taking the mark. They may think to themselves: "I don't have to believe that he (antichrist) is God. I'll take the "lesser" mark for those people who just want to be able to earn money and provide for their family."

But thinking this way may be disastrous because, spiritually, the mark acts as a seal. It joins you to the fate of the antichrist and I don't see any evidence of there being any grey area.

If you go by the assumption that it is true then you can as you say think of it as a barrier to make the third eye (forehead) or the hand you push energy thru not work. Kinda interesting but what have they figured out that can limit what I think is external higher dimensional energy from reaching the body. I'll believe it when I see it but until then I will not worry about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't believe that the Rapture is anything other than a fairytale that we humans like to ponder over because if such a thing happened, no more taxes, no more work, it'd be every man for himself and that seems to be all anyone lusts for anymore. Same reason we wish for hoardes of zombies or revolutions etc...

But sure if in real time the kids all disappeared along with any and all Christians who actually believed in it then I guess i'd have no choice but to get my head chopped off. But according to stories i've read it wouldn't be an immediate thing, it would be more gradual, years I think.

I wont get any mark put into my skin whether or not its from a scripture or it's just the government gone rabid. I wont participate in a society that would treat me like cattle.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Selfishness is the mark of the beast.

Yes. Being selfish would be a good barrier to not get a working third eye and without a third eye to guide you at all you will not be able to follow synchronicity and therefore not be able to find the moment of clarity and therefore not wake up.

Thank you EnochWasRight on all levels of what you are. You are often around when I need the right information to solve a puzzle from my point of view.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What is the mark?
Who is the beast?
Will we be able to recognize the mark, or the beast?
Maybe the beast, doesn't look so beastly.
Would "they" actually say to us "I'm the beast and this is the mark"?

So much speculation about what the mark even is.

I think I'll accept the mark of the Beez.....

Sometimes we have to just embrace our beasts......

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well ehhe! No wonder you don't believe with your child like interpretation of it all.. use some common sense heaven is obviously a metaphor for other dimensions and so on.

Hell is a modern teaching that is nothing more than the traditions of men if you look closely at original texts the bible does not teach a literal hell as taught in modern day churches. The creator used Yeshua to open the portal outta this world even if we don't have enough charge and love in our lives to deserve to continue on with the universal scene.

All the stuff your describing is just like.. religious yukky lies and misconceptions about following Christ. Basically everything you complained about in your post I agree with. I believe but it's not a fear based faith at all. It's because I believe the creator loved me before I was even manifested here. Instead of worshiping because I think God is going to throw me in a fire forever lol! That's absurd and no loving parent would do such a thing nor would the Creator of the Universe no way .. he's raising up a universe of little gods basically. All in good time ...

-FG

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join