It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The left lane is for PASSING you idiot!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cootie
. I've named them the 45ers and have fantasized repeatedly about mounting a gun on top of my jeep and blowing them 45ers off the road.

Me, I always fantasize about having a grenade launcher mounted on my car for folks like this.

I always dream about blowing their cars to smithereens, then driving through the burned remains of their car, like on the old Buck Rogers TV show. Then, as I drive by, I can laugh at their charred body lying by the side of the road.

[size=0] I didn't say that out loud did I?

edit on 3/12/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
O/P I agree with you entirely!

For once I was ok to see police abuse their authority.

I didn't want you to take my first post wrong.

edit on 12-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ya'll are sick.

I've never fantasized about real weapons but I have always wanted a huge paint gun mounted to my hood with a rope going from the paint ball trigger to my window.

My biggest driving pet peeve is cars that pull out right in front of you from parking lots, driveways, etc., then don't pick up the speed! So I want to blast their car with paint balls by pulling on the string in my car window. lol

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

epic!!

if i were a cop, id do stuff like that - sad part - id be doing it all day every day

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is a reason it is called the SPEED LIMIT.

It is the LIMIT of how FAST you an go.

The left lane is not for going 10 MPH+ over the speed LIMIT.

If you're riding my butt in the left lane and I have my cruise control set to the speed LIMIT, then bug off. I'm not breaking the law for you, and I'm certainly not going to move over so you can.

ETA: And yes, I WILL brake check you if you continue riding my ass.
edit on 12-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Whoa... seeing people die, burning bodies... uh i don't know... thats a bit extreme and disgusting.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Do you remember the little black boxes, that you set on your dash board, they had three buttons, one made a rifle sound, one button made a machine gun sound, and one made a bomb sound?

Well I hooked mine up to a 200 watt power booster, and a P.A speaker. Never once did anyone get made at me when I used it, everybody laughed.

It did get the point across, but it wasn't much use on the highway.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have driven through hurricanes and crazy weather with white wall rain, not to mention with tornadoes in front, and people still drive like maniacs in the left lane. How they can see through that is beyond me. 2 miles is ridiculous, complain when they are driving like grandma, then I'll understand.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The reason there is a passing lane is to pass the people not doing the SPEED LIMIT.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
O/P I agree with you entirely!

For once I was ok to see police abuse their authority.

I didn't want you to take my first post wrong.

edit on 12-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

That's the whole area of police work I would love to join for. Screw the rest and chasing kids over fences for felony possession crap. (huffing and puffing after them at my age..lol) I wish there was a dedicated Traffic Cop position. Oh, I think I'd apply until they gave it to me out of annoyance of seeing my never ending apps.

Things like idiots who cannot comprehend what the left on green light means or think turning right on a red light is illegal everywhere. Oh..One standard for one base line of laws....and then some real enthusiastic guys like me with ticket books to enforce it all. I could have our city in surplus inside 6 months with enough ticket books.

That's a driving job I'd love to do...even today. (We have a stretch of I-44 here too....with people just like that)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If I am in the left lane and doing the SPEED LIMIT, chances are I'm probably going around someone not doing the limit.

Either way, if people respected the laws and drove within the limits, then no one would bitch about the left lane.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wouldn't that be a dream job/

I have alway's said that one power I wouldn't mind giving to the police. Is the power to (when they see a driver do something really, really stupid) is walk up to the car ask if they have a drivers license. Then ...//YANK//..... say not any more.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

If I am in the left lane and doing the SPEED LIMIT, chances are I'm probably going around someone not doing the limit.

Either way, if people respected the laws and drove within the limits, then no one would bitch about the left lane.

And if you were doing that I would agree with you, as long as when you passed the slower traffic. You got over out of the passing lane.

I have no problem with that. My problem is with the people who don't move over, and want to police all the other dirvers to their views of the laws.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Meh,

No offense, OP, but you are just going to have to let it go.

Everyone has some idea of what everyone should be doing to make traffic better. One of my favorites was a guy that came in to where I work, all flustered and pissed because 'traffic' made him 'late'.

His solution to the whole mess was that everyone needed to 'close it up', yeah, he thought that everyone tailgating one another would take up all that un-used space he saw between cars, and that would somehow alleviate the congestion.

Yep, people start having crazy ideas; like, "everyone should somehow be on the same sheet of music concerning when they should and should not get in or out of what is colloquially known as 'the fast lane'", the speed limit is the same in 'the fast lane'; in fact, it's name is not 'the fast lane' at all: it's the left lane, right?

All of that crazy 'variety' that is messing up the 'rules' and pissing you off so much, is necessary for traffic to flow at all; if everyone was in lock-step? You would never get home.

And yes, it sucks when some police officer loses his cool in traffic and starts doing stupid stuff like oppressively tailgating people and stopping them to write out a ticket for going 63MPH.

If everyone would just mellow the hell out and give one another space, instead of losing their minds, this grand upheaval of American driving mores would be a lot less uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
*twitches*

Left lane riders are my pet peeve man. Contrary to my posts on ATS (lol) I'm generally as calm as a Hindu Cow. But put me in a car where some idiot is just driving along in the left lane for no reason and you will see my inner rage emerge lol

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Same issue as said in the UK, people hog the middle lane, people hog the fast lane and no one follows the actual law that says stay to the left lane unless passing.

Not only is it making the motorway safer it cuts down road rage simply because some idiots feels its their right to sit in the middle driving slower than the people in the left lane or simply just refusing to move left when there's a huge gap in front of them but a ton of cars behind.

As for the woman, total cretin, I'm sure the American rules say the same as ours except the opposite direction, keep to the right unless passing.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would post Life In The Fast Lane, but "The Dude" hates the f-ing Eagles.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Deciding for one's self what any driver is thinking, feeling or doing behind the wheel is an assumptive projection at best, and borders on delusional paranoia at its worst. Add road rage (hungry, lonely, tired) to that and we have a real problem.

I am not exempt; it's just that after much experience with raging out, only to find that the focus of my ire is some poor old woman trying to make her way from point A to point B, I have had to really question myself.

There are no idiots on the road, just other people trying to get home to those they love. Safely. Whatever that means to them should be OK with you. Why?

Because that is what connects us on the road: everyone has some one that loves them and calls them, mother or father or sister or brother or wife or husband or 'boo' at home. Just like you and I. Don't you want them to be reunited with their loved ones just like you will be when you get home?

The problem comes from seeing one of these actions that pisses you off on the road, and then you become morbidly fixated upon the 'culprit'. There may have been no real problem before, but there is now; and you just became the other half of it.

Don't become any part of it. Assess road conditions rationally, extend your heart to others.

Don't be an ass.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes the left lane is the passing lane. Alot of people think the left lane is the fast lane
sorry but there is no such thing as the fast lane. The ticket fits the violation, if your not passing then you should be in the right lane doesn't matter how fast your going.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I was in Richmond Va two years ago when I was pulled over for only going 5 miles over the speed limit. The cop wanted to ticket me for obstructing traffic. He quickly changed his tune when I quoted the state statutes of the commonwealth of Va. "there are 4 levels of speeding cited by the laws 1-5 miles over is a ticket-able offense for speeding" So, to charge me with being too slow by only violating the first level of the speed law would have been in contrast to the written statutes. He decided that he didn't want to appear in court and explain why he was not upholding the statues of the commonwealth to a judge. If someone is in the left lane and going the maximum legal speed; they would only be obstructing those in violation of the law. So are you saying that law-abiding citizens do not have as many rights on the roads of the USA and that the police should restrict the law-abiding citizens. Also the left most lane is usually the least worn and the smoothest. So, therefore, the best lane should be reserved for those who have earned it by violating the law. This seems to contradict the intent of the law. Also, what other laws do you think we should ignore and persecute those who follow them?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join